India-China 2020 Border conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Shrike

Country flag
Yes! There is!

Small non-lethal captures (probably will not escalate to war):-
  • Capturing Charding-Ninglung river valley, which puts pressure on PLA Demchok garrison apart from land grab.
  • Pushing forward through Ane La pass which is kinda a backdoor to Pangong Tso, threatens cutting-off PLA access to the whole northern Pangong Tso in the future.
Larger captures, which will surely result in war: -
  • The below area, which is the gap between Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh. Chinese control is weak in this area, and Chinese access to the area goes through two mountain passes (marked in red).

A Two-pronged attack from Himachal Pradesh's Sumdo and Ladakh's Demchok can cut-off these mountain passes, denying Chinese access. An insignificant amount of Chinese infrastructure will be a turkey shoot for the air force.
    In fact, 2 mountain divisions will be enough to capture this area.

• Capturing Chumbi Valley in Sikkim, much-discussed, and China fears the same, hence heavily protected. We will probably face huge casualties but it is strategically very crucial.

Yes, so armour actually traverses through the river valleys you marked in blue. In a shooting war, we will be at a disadvantage because they can mount a multi-pronged attack, as you suggested. But if the shooting war starts, we are opened with a plethora of other options (like opening another theatre where we have the advantage).

If China is still reluctant to use firearms, we can just wrestle control using aggressive posture and hand-to-hand combat.
Re the small "Non Lethal" Captures:
  1. Charding-Ninglung river valley: Maybe, but I think it is extremely challenging with out actually starting a shooting war. The Chinese have 2 routes to this valley, (1) at the mouth (opposite Demchok) and (2) at the other end via road over the Southern mountain range. We on the other hand seem to have access only from the mouth of the valley i.e. any movement via this road will be visible to the Chinese immediately and they will be able to respond quickly as they have a base right at that location (the base would anyways have to be neutralised but i'm not sure it is possible with out shooting). But I would first build a road from the rear upto the valley floor, just like the Chinese have done, and then look to use the the chinese road at the southern side to capture the their high ground/cutoff their rear road.
  2. Ane la pass: We already kind of did this last year, if you look at G Earth historic images you will see our tents a couple of kms west of the actual pass. Unfortunately the pass itself and the Chinese side is not updated (maybe @Deadtrap can clear it up for us 😉), so it is not clear what what exactly was the disposition there (don't think it was covered in the media either).
    anela.png
  3. Area between Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh: The pass on the Ladakh side would have been a juicy target, the road runs as close as 2.5 KM from the border and around 6km near a flat-ish area (where the Chinese recently built a border post). Only problem here is that this is not LAC per say but the actual border (we don't claim this area) so it will be an actual invasion. Although even in case of a full scale war I don't think its worth taking, this area is closed on 3 sides by mountain ranges and open only towards Chumur - It will be very difficult for them to conduct any offensive from this area. (Armchair at on) I would rather make a run for the proper plateau area and cut off G219. Indus valley is one obvious path, we should also look at options like Lipulekh pass etc as additional pressure points.
  4. Chumbi Valley: I think this is becoming out of syllables for pissfull QPQ action 😀.

mokoman

Country flag
Like??

And anyone knows the translation of the video?
i am no expert

we crossed LAC atleast twice . we went back willingly , after talks (probably) . they then pushed forward on 15 and put up red tents on PP14, then clash happened.

looks like Chinese backstabbed us .

@BOLD....any reason for not saying as per your pov:frown:
yep dude , :| my pov , also being wrong before , but images are there ,

another_armchair

Country flag
This stand off is the closest thing they have come to a war after a long time. So they milk it once in a while.
Appears their morale is low and the troops don't have a stomach for a bigger fight. Most of what they pieced together to call a video has already been seen in the past except for the tent dismantling bit.

mokoman

Country flag
check out the vehicles + flood lights . They were building roads throughout the night.

this was what the dispute was about.

i think they planned on building upto including PP14

Was this the height @Hellfire was talking about ?
dont know , what did he say ?

This stand off is the closest thing they have come to a war after a long time. So they milk it once in a while.
100% true , this is not directed at us. its from a longer vid dedicated to one the dead soldiers.

goal is to show hardship faced by PLA , how important they are to China.

Sehwag231

Country flag
They were building roads throughout the night.

this was what the dispute was about.

i think they planned on building upto including PP14

dont know , what did he say ?
Fight was in 2 to 3 stages.
In 1st stage, they were at height , so we suffered great casualties.

In 2nd, 3rd stage fight we massively dominated them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles