Imported Single Engine Fighter Jet Contest

Tactical Frog

Country flag
Every shield is meant to be defeated providing you have the right SIGINT. Rafale in low-low-low mode can certainly pierce through S-400 shield thanks to its Spectra EW suit. You need to have more faith in your friends from the West and trust a little less your friends from the Artic...
Now I did not say that S-400 wasn't a good system for India against PLAAF.

Bahamut

Every shield is meant to be defeated providing you have the right SIGINT. Rafale in low-low-low mode can certainly pierce through S-400 shield thanks to its Spectra EW suit. You need to have more faith in your friends from the West and trust a little less your friends from the Artic...
It will be difficult for any plane even F 35, B2, F 22 or Pak Fa to go on a lone wolf strike even in low low low mode. They will still require some jamming support plus no communication for about 600 km, no GPS input and between that the modules can change location plus finding these modules from passive sensors only and the strike plane cannot communicate with each other, even the best pilots fund it very difficult, if not impossible. I am not sure about Rafale low low low range, but it will still be suicide, the risk are just too great. Better launch a score of extended range Brahmos or other long range strike weapons from Su 30 MKI and Rafale to saturate the defences.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Finally Single Engine Fighter contest set to begin very soon as Defense Minister Manohar Parikkar told media that Strategic Partnership Policy for Defense will be out in 2 weeks and only 5 percentage work is left. Gripen E fighter aircraft is perfect choice because Saab have agreed to transfer full technology and also manufacture Gripen E under Make in India. GE -F414 engines which power Gripen E which US made engines thinking that US won’t transfer engine technology is completely wrong. Because Indian already buying 99 GE-F414-INS6 for Tejas MK 2 with full transfer technology. Buying F-16 Block 70 will bad choice because Trump US President America first policy and also Trump won’t allow Lockheed Martin to shift F-16 assembly line to India. That is why Gripen E will be logical choice and also good for Make in India. Indian Air Force won’t agree F-16 Block 70 because air frame is 70 year old and also Pakistan Air Force also using F-16 for many decades. Both Rafale and Gripen E fighter aircraft will make Indian Air force powerful and better air force in Asia.

Gripen E AESA radar is Selex ES-05 Raven. It used in high tracking angle and multiple simultaneous track with AESA. Mechanical radar and traditional mechanical available. It has extended range for internal fuel. Missile approach warning system. Gripen E can carry all type of weapons in the world and also it can be equipped with Beyond Visual Range Meteor. Since Meteor missile can benefit India in many it reduce cost of missile plus it can be used both on Rafale and Gripen E. Currently there is only prototype of Gripen E fighter aircraft which is undergoing flying and testing phases. Saab has joined Mahindra for design and it could extended if Gripen E selected. By buying Gripen E Tejas will be more benefitted since Saab also offering help in developing Tejas Mk 1A and Tejas Mk 2. Saab also offering Raven AESA radar and sensor packages for Tejas Mk 1A. In my opinion buying Gripen E fighter will good choice and also Indian Air Force is Very much keen on Gripen E Fighter.

Note:

Above article written by me is my own and is not copied or posted from any other websites.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
All I can say again and again is that adding Rafale in lesser numbers than Gripens would bring same operational capabilities for IAF without complicating logistics. But it seems only broken countries in the West see benefits in operating a minimal number of jet types :)

Umadethan

The Indian airforce already announced its desire to buy medium aircrafts similar to Rafale and this means double engine...but even if the government go to other options like gripen rather than rafale ,that will take 5-7 years to start delivery and I hope by this time our Tegas MK 2 will be ready and as far as MK 2 is ready we don't need another single engine fighter and as we campare MK 2 to Gripen E both the aircrafts are intended to use F114 engines and as the MK 2 is lighter than Gripen E it will have a higher thrust to weight ratio and this will be a significant advantages over Gripen

WolfPack86

Country flag
'India, Sweden Strategic Ties Will Take Off With Gripen Deal'

The Indian Air Force seeks to replace its archaic Russian jets with the latest ones
The Swedish government believes that if India selects fighter aircraft Gripen, made by SAAB Group, for its $10-billion single-engine fighter jet program, it will prove to be a turning point in the strategic partnership between the countries.
“Make in India, as we understand, is a strategic approach. If India decides to select Gripen for the Make in India program, it will strengthen the strategic ties between the countries,” Jan Salestrand, State Secretary in the Swedish Ministry of Defense, told BusinessLine in an interview.
He said the Swedish government believes SAAB will be able to meet all the requirements of the Indian Air Force that is seeking to replace its archaic Russian jets with the latest ones.
“We are coming to the tender on aircraft deal, and I think we can live up to that. We are trying to understand what is meant by Make in India and how to turn it into a reality. I think we have a good case here,” Salestrand said.
He said he is hopeful the deal will prove to be a “breakthrough” if the Ministry of Defense chooses Gripen over its competitors. He also said there will not be any issue from the US on getting the deal signed if SAAB wins the contract from India.
He added that a pact was signed between former US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter and Swedish Defense Minister Peter Hultqvist on the equipment that are procured from the US to build Gripen.
During the recently concluded Aero India show, Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar had stated that the tender to procure nearly 200 fighter jets will be floated by the year-end. Apart from SAAB, US’ Lockheed Martin is also eyeing the deal with its F-16.
Sweden is also looking to provide the maritime variant of Gripen to the Indian Navy, which is also looking for carrier-based warplanes having twin engines.
However, Salestrand said, even if Gripen is not able to win the contract from India defense, ties between the countries will continue to remain robust. “There is a range of ongoing tenders and some are coming up. The question of aircraft or no aircraft does not really matter. That will be run through, and we will try to compete. It will have no effect at all on our defense cooperation that runs deep.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had assured Sweden of increased defense cooperation between the countries during the visit of Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven.
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2017/02/india-sweden-strategic-ties-will-take.html

Willy2

I think SAAB distribute too much money in MSM , to propagate it's agenda , every where SAAB or Gripen etc .
BTW , how much advantage SAAB have against our indigenous institution , they themselves can't make engine and radar .

Flame Thrower

'India, Sweden Strategic Ties Will Take Off With Gripen Deal'

The Indian Air Force seeks to replace its archaic Russian jets with the latest ones
The Swedish government believes that if India selects fighter aircraft Gripen, made by SAAB Group, for its $10-billion single-engine fighter jet program, it will prove to be a turning point in the strategic partnership between the countries.
“Make in India, as we understand, is a strategic approach. If India decides to select Gripen for the Make in India program, it will strengthen the strategic ties between the countries,” Jan Salestrand, State Secretary in the Swedish Ministry of Defense, told BusinessLine in an interview.
He said the Swedish government believes SAAB will be able to meet all the requirements of the Indian Air Force that is seeking to replace its archaic Russian jets with the latest ones.
“We are coming to the tender on aircraft deal, and I think we can live up to that. We are trying to understand what is meant by Make in India and how to turn it into a reality. I think we have a good case here,” Salestrand said.
He said he is hopeful the deal will prove to be a “breakthrough” if the Ministry of Defense chooses Gripen over its competitors. He also said there will not be any issue from the US on getting the deal signed if SAAB wins the contract from India.
He added that a pact was signed between former US Defense Secretary Ashton Carter and Swedish Defense Minister Peter Hultqvist on the equipment that are procured from the US to build Gripen.
During the recently concluded Aero India show, Defense Minister Manohar Parrikar had stated that the tender to procure nearly 200 fighter jets will be floated by the year-end. Apart from SAAB, US’ Lockheed Martin is also eyeing the deal with its F-16.
Sweden is also looking to provide the maritime variant of Gripen to the Indian Navy, which is also looking for carrier-based warplanes having twin engines.
However, Salestrand said, even if Gripen is not able to win the contract from India defense, ties between the countries will continue to remain robust. “There is a range of ongoing tenders and some are coming up. The question of aircraft or no aircraft does not really matter. That will be run through, and we will try to compete. It will have no effect at all on our defense cooperation that runs deep.”
Prime Minister Narendra Modi had assured Sweden of increased defense cooperation between the countries during the visit of Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven.
http://www.indiandefensenews.in/2017/02/india-sweden-strategic-ties-will-take.html
Can you pls give me few reasons why should we go for Gripen instead of LCA Tejas MK2....

You know that we can go for only one more single engine fighter after LCA MK 1....

What ground breaking tech SAAB has to offer and we can't get that in a decade research......

Gripen will be more costly eating away funds....

Sure Gripen NG has better sensor fusion more aerodynamic more efficient, but can you arm it with Aastra, Sudharshan, Brahmos NG.....No Russia won't accept it....Or any avionics/sensors from AMCA.....
Can we even update the flight software and mission computer the way we do in Su-30MKI

With LCA MK2 you can upgrade everything by next decade we can use AMCA sensors on LCA MK2, Kaveri too...

We can't have any of the above on Gripen....

SAAB guys are desperately pitching for Gripen in IAF/IN.....At first, they offered Gripen C/D(MMRCA) soon came NG.... Sensor support to Tejas.... And finally Sea Gripen (I bet most of the folks following Gripen/Tejas have heard of it).....

@WolfPack86 Please provide a solid reason for your sales pitch on behalf of SAAB....

Willy2

SAAB guys are desperately pitching for Gripen in IAF/IN.....At first, they offered Gripen C/D(MMRCA) soon came NG.... Sensor support to Tejas.... And finally Sea Gripen (I bet most of the folks following Gripen/Tejas have heard of it).....
Even during MMRCA , SAAB use too much propaganda ,it's always 6th choice behind every opponent as it's main disadvantage is it have more non-swedish part than tejas have non-indian part .u need good relation with 5+ countries to make it running.But in propaganda top of them .
But suddenly govt came up with "Single" engine MMRCA , may be the amount they invest in PR ,bureaucrats or buying MSM in India , they could have develop many on non Swedish component.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Even during MMRCA , SAAB use too much propaganda ,it's always 6th choice behind every opponent as it's main disadvantage is it have more non-swedish part than tejas have non-indian part .u need good relation with 5+ countries to make it running.But in propaganda top of them .
But suddenly govt came up with "Single" engine MMRCA , may be the amount they invest in PR ,bureaucrats or buying MSM in India , they could have develop many on non Swedish component.
But I think that this single engined MMRCA II will go to the viper
And the Swedish will have a repte of the viggen episode when they lost out to the SPERCAT JAGUAR international in the Deep strike Fighter competition

Butter Chicken

Country flag
But I think that this single engined MMRCA II will go to the viper
And the Swedish will have a repte of the viggen episode when they lost out to the SPERCAT JAGUAR international in the Deep strike Fighter competition
No,Lockheed in UAE exhibition said all future F-16 will be made in USA.

WolfPack86

Country flag
Can you pls give me few reasons why should we go for Gripen instead of LCA Tejas MK2....

You know that we can go for only one more single engine fighter after LCA MK 1....

What ground breaking tech SAAB has to offer and we can't get that in a decade research......

Gripen will be more costly eating away funds....

Sure Gripen NG has better sensor fusion more aerodynamic more efficient, but can you arm it with Aastra, Sudharshan, Brahmos NG.....No Russia won't accept it....Or any avionics/sensors from AMCA.....
Can we even update the flight software and mission computer the way we do in Su-30MKI

With LCA MK2 you can upgrade everything by next decade we can use AMCA sensors on LCA MK2, Kaveri too...

We can't have any of the above on Gripen....

@WolfPack86 Please provide a solid reason for your sales pitch on behalf of SAAB....
I am not sale pitching gripen no body give can technology for free . For example buying Rafale we got kaveri engine technology DRDO and Hal don't have enough efficient. Do we have uttam radar ready. Indian Air Force interested in Tejas Mk 1A and not Tejas mk 2. I am very hurt that you are calling me Saab sales man.
So saying things like we'll take a decision on Mk-2 once Mk-1A completes production in 2025-26 is very strange
https://twitter.com/SJha1618?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Last edited:

Flame Thrower

I am not sale pitching gripen no body give can technology for free . For example buying Rafale we got kaveri engine technology DRDO and Hal don't have enough efficient. Do we have uttam radar ready. Indian Air Force interested in Tejas Mk 1A and not Tejas mk 2. I am very hurt that you are calling me Saab sales man.
So saying things like we'll take a decision on Mk-2 once Mk-1A completes production in 2025-26 is very strange
https://twitter.com/SJha1618?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author
Saurav Jha is not HAL or ADA or IN spokes person....

Cdr. Balaji is the Head of ADA as per him we'll have Tejas MK2 soon
AMCA prototype by 2019....

There is a tender for MK1a radar and EW systems....

Uttam is only couple of years away....

Everyone is sure that Uttam, our own EW and Kaveri will be on Tejas MK2...

Even if Uttam, Kaveri or EW is not available for Tejas MK2... I wouldn't go for Gripen E...

We'll use F414 INS6, tenders for Radar and EW (same as for Tejas MK1A)

You might find me harsh for calling you a sales pitch but your reasons to prefer Gripen are not good enough...

Anyways let's see what happens... It's only a matter of time

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles