Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

dfcool

Country flag
"We spent $13 BILLION in Los Angeles alone last year to combat homelessness"

"You want to know where that money went?"

"That money went to the trash nonprofits who have a bunch of executives making $500,000 a year"

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
everest ? pffft.
nature will just laugh and point to Olympus Mons - the true 'mountain of mountains' we know of. So therefore, i propose the west needs to make a 50km tall statue of one eyed tranny obama, to fully highlight all the chosen people of murrica.
And as an added bonus for rest of the planet, the base of the statue will be so huge that it will practically bury half of america under itself.
So its a clear win-win.

srevster

Country flag
everest ? pffft.
nature will just laugh and point to Olympus Mons - the true 'mountain of mountains' we know of. So therefore, i propose the west needs to make a 50km tall statue of one eyed tranny obama, to fully highlight all the chosen people of murrica.
And as an added bonus for rest of the planet, the base of the statue will be so huge that it will practically bury half of america under itself.
So its a clear win-win.
Sorry some basic math here. Can't help it. 50KM height would mean a 5-10km base.

karn

Country flag
Wtf does the surface area have to do with the original comment. If you assume 10km in both directions it’s 100sq km. That’s smaller than a tier 2 US city
I'm six feet and I need about a foot to stand upright.
You do not stand on a foot which is in one dimension you stand on an area which is feet squared .
When a physical object maintains the same density and is scaled up, its volume and mass are increased by the cube of the multiplier while its surface area increases only by the square of the same multiplier. This would mean that when the larger version of the object is accelerated at the same rate as the original, more pressure would be exerted on the surface of the larger object.
Just read up more on the square cube law man .
It explains why ants can lift 5 X their body weight and why elephants are relatively weak for their size and sluggish.
It also explains why megastructures in earths gravity are increasingly fragile as they are scaled up.
PS . I dunno why you are bringing up US cities sizes . A massive monolith concrete foundation is very different from a scattered layout of houses built with wood and cardboard.

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
You do not stand on a foot which is in one dimension you stand on an area which is feet squared .

Just read up more on the square cube law man .
It explains why ants can lift 5 X their body weight and why elephants are relatively weak for their size .
It also explains why megastructures in earths gravity are increasingly fragile as they are scaled up.
Ok obviously something that is 50km tall with not be some tensile material or be able to withstand the surface tension as something that is 500ft. It would be a different material all together. Your comment was about surface area. Something 50km tall needs a different construction material not necessarily more surface area to diffuse the surface tension. You would be an idiot to build a 50km structure using the same materials as something 500ft. Also you would use light weight materials and potentially leverage buoyancy to your advantage. Carbon nanowires; Helium, hydrogen etc

Global Defence

New threads

Articles