Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

indiatester

Country flag
I used to be worried that may of the climate change prediction models used to suggest that India and other developing countries would be more impacted than the developed western nations.
Now with > 40C temps in Europe and these sorts of freak hail storm instances indicate that the impact would be bad everywhere.

Vinash

Country flag
I used to be worried that may of the climate change prediction models used to suggest that India and other developing countries would be more impacted than the developed western nations.
Now with > 40C temps in Europe and these sorts of freak hail storm instances indicate that the impact would be bad everywhere.
At least in my part of India i.e South, this year was one of the shortest/mildest summers we saw.

Indrajit

Country flag
Now they see will see the real hunger index😂😂😂😂
The Americans have money, they will get the rice they need and it's mostly Asian origin folks in the US who need rice like that. However there is a real danger that if India is seen as an unreliable supplier, many customers, especially in Africa will look at alternative arrangements which in the long term is bad for us.

Butter Chicken

Country flag
The Americans have money, they will get the rice they need and it's mostly Asian origin folks in the US who need rice like that. However there is a real danger that if India is seen as an unreliable supplier, many customers, especially in Africa will look at alternative arrangements which in the long term is bad for us.
India is 40% of global rice trade. They can't trade rice elsewhere

Sanglamorre

Country flag
I've been out of the loop for the past few days. Why are we banning rice exports?

Azaad

Country flag
The ban hasn't been imposed for frivolous reasons . There's a real fear of decline in rice production this year out here given the vagaries of the monsoon. Then we're approaching election season in a few months . Modi doesn't want to risk it .

New threads

Articles