Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

Cheran

Country flag

At first i was confused, then i understood that this person was outraged that test dummies used in car crash simulations were all male. She wanted equality. So now they created a "woman crash test dummy".

PS - don ask me if its a vagina woman or a cock woman because i seriously dont know.

This really happened.

singhboy98

Country flag

At first i was confused, then i understood that this person was outraged that test dummies used in car crash simulations were all male. She wanted equality. So now they created a "woman crash test dummy".

PS - don ask me if its a vagina woman or a cock woman because i seriously dont know.

This really happened.
You do realise the crash test dummies based on the actual female physique has been a long standing demand of crash researchers? Nothing woke about it. Men are bigger than women in general and hence the crash forces on women involved in a car crash cannot be modelled accurately using male test dummies.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
You do realise the crash test dummies based on the actual female physique has been a long standing demand of crash researchers? Nothing woke about it. Men are bigger than women in general and hence the crash forces on women involved in a car crash cannot be modelled accurately using male test dummies.
You can't say that. Some of those crash test dummies identify as female. So therefore, they are female. We already have female crash test dummies, I will not stand for this lgbtqiatp+++ erasure

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Europeans still haven't fully recovered from 2008, it seems. I look forward to the day we cross their GDP. It should be done by 2035 at most. As we build our industrial base, I'm hoping that we'll see a growth spurt akin to what China had between 2008 and 2018—adding a fucking trillion dollars to gdp every year.
More than production, that would require imports.

With growth, our real GDP and consumption and hence imports will grow. To cope with that, we will have export equally huge amount. Otherwise, we will have to devalue our currency which will keep our nominal GDP at just 30-50% of US, EU and China.
As Canadians eat crap food and have less, others have more.
How well do Chinese soldiers and citizens eat now?
What will they do with all that energy?
Who is actively fighting with China and it's allies?
Definitely not Canada at least. It isn't even a player in any episode. It's a militarily inactive vassal state of US just like small Soviet satellite states during cold war.

singhboy98

Country flag
You can't say that. Some of those crash test dummies identify as female. So therefore, they are female. We already have female crash test dummies, I will not stand for this lgbtqiatp+++ erasure
Even though I get your attempt at facetiousness, Physics does not care about woke shit like this. Imagine if someone's wife/mother/sister life could have been saved/better protected due to better designed primary and secondary restraint systems as a result of better quality data from these crash test dummies based biological females.

Sanglamorre

Country flag
Even though I get your attempt at facetiousness, Physics does not care about woke shit like this. Imagine if someone's wife/mother/sister life could have been saved/better protected due to better designed primary and secondary restraint systems as a result of better quality data from these crash test dummies based biological females.
See, I don't get the need for specifically female crash test dummies. What? Need a smaller dummy? I think those exist.

What about men of larger or smaller sizes than average? Are they not protected by the same protections? If not, then the industry has to make crash test dummies for all body types?

Female crash test dummy is a political move. At the end of the day they're going to add some fake boobs and call it a day because all humans are different. You can't have that sort of personalisation.

So yes, some of those crash test dummies can identify as female won't make much of a difference.

singhboy98

Country flag
See, I don't get the need for specifically female crash test dummies. What? Need a smaller dummy? I think those exist.

What about men of larger or smaller sizes than average? Are they not protected by the same protections? If not, then the industry has to make crash test dummies for all body types?

Female crash test dummy is a political move. At the end of the day they're going to add some fake boobs and call it a day because all humans are different. You can't have that sort of personalisation.

So yes, some of those crash test dummies can identify as female won't make much of a difference.
Boss you do realise that everything you use daily is designed for the average human being with a built in factor of tolerance?? That is the case for all mass manufactured products.

It seems you are not familiar with the topic you are trying to make an argument on. Females are not just smaller than men but SIGNIFICANTLY weaker due to lower bone density and muscle mass along with other similar physiological factors. Size is just the start of the differences between a male and a female body (and no, before you say it, trannies don't count as female irrespective of what Moondust and his ilk say). A male body will be much stronger and resilient to crash damage than a female body of similar height and weight. Crash forces would thus act very differently on a female body as opposed to a male body. It is difficult to assertain as to how exactly that is as long as we keep using male aligned crash dummies.

It is also a fact that female car ownership is increasing very fast ACROSS the globe not to mention that even in India, most of the times, it is the mother who is at the front passenger seat. It would be an idiotic business decision to ignore half your potential customer base.

In this context, it is purely common sense to have crash dummies more attuned to female bodies so that restraint and protection systems can be designed to accord better protection to those. If you don't have a STEM background then it would not make any sense to continue this discussion. Else, do some research on the topic and then comeback.

Moroboshi

At the very minimum you should realize women have a different bone structure and body shape, which effects it's reaction to a crash differently than men. There is nothing woke about this.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles