Idiotic Musings From Firangistan

gslv markIII

Country flag
I don't know why some Indians are so offended with Aussies keeping their feet on the trophy. Why do you expect them to respect our cultural sensitives??

They don't even have a clue about it, neither should they bother.

Do we give a damn about their "cultural sensitives" when we eat with our hands?

Roshan

Country flag
I frankly don't see what the big deal is with Marsh putting his feet up on that trophy. It doesn't belong to us and it's not a national heirloom that we need to be outraged about it, if you really want to there are better things to direct that at.

Call it a cultural difference and be done with it if you have to.
1700502947531.png

TwinTails

Country flag
Indians see the trophy as something sacred worthy of respect.

Aussies see it as just a symbolic trophy of victory.

Guess who freezes under the pressure of a knockout? Yeah it's the guys who idolize the trophy.
That's some golden word.
Yeah, for Aussies every sport is challenge and they give their hundred percent by displaying Australian way which is aggressiveness on field and statistics in backroom.

TwinTails

Country flag
Have seen them respect indians many times. Nothing changed.

You ask me, Sharad Pawar has not done anything worth to deserve respect even in India, last time I heard he was the guy when 1993 Bombay blasts happened, maybe I am wrong.
Pawar fully knows the bollywood-isi-hawala-underworld nexus and plays politics with lives of people.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
It's good. I see it as a middling achievement i.e not too bad, not great.

But does it warrant respect from a people who've ruled the planet for the last 400 years?
it doesn't work like that.

U.S surpassed U.K GDP in 1890, but it took 55 years more and a world war, for a bankrupt U.K to become vassal state of their former colony.

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
I don't know why some Indians are so offended with Aussies keeping their feet on the trophy. Why do you expect them to respect our cultural sensitives??

They don't even have a clue about it, neither should they bother.

Do we give a damn about their "cultural sensitives" when we eat with our hands?
its the same reason asians frown on westoids who wear their outdoor shoes into their bedrooms. It signifies lack of respect to put your feet, which are dirty, on the thing you are supposed to respect.

dfcool

Country flag
I have lost all hopes for this forum. Forumers here are either hopelessly black-pilled Or hilariously "trads". There is no in-between.
since when
calling out white men is called black pilled behavior.
defending white men is called trads behavior.

coming-out Brown coolies defending white men in the name of "masculinity, different culture".

Soon they also defend brits looting, mughals r8ping of hindu women, butchering of children. Ofcourse all they see is "masculinity, different culture", nothing more.

Too bad white man NEVER defend indians in the same way.

Rassil Krishnan

Country flag
A mere trophy should never have been allowed to have such elevated respect.

Atleast win the thing before venerating it
It is a trophy for a game that SHOULD only be respected upto a point because it generates money in our country.Rest of the interest for me atleast is all about power politics such as when we exclude Pakistan from the ipl and don't play any bilateral series with them and the rest of the drama with bcci.

I don't understand the reverence for cricket otherwise and any associated stuff around it. We should be concentrating on sports as a whole as we are doing now and in that respect we have improved a lot

Now if they were insulting something specific to our country or culture, we should react massively and retaliate. I don't understand the respect for cricket though

GaudaNaresh

Country flag
It is a trophy for a game that SHOULD only be respected upto a point because it generates money in our country.Rest of the interest for me atleast is all about power politics such as when we exclude Pakistan from the ipl and don't play any bilateral series with them and the rest of the drama with bcci.

I don't understand the reverence for cricket otherwise and any associated stuff around it. We should be concentrating on sports as a whole as we are doing now and in that respect we have improved a lot

Now if they were insulting something specific to our country or culture, we should react massively and retaliate. I don't understand the respect for cricket though
cricket is an indian sport by popularity & funding. Ergo, it should be respected by Indians. Its one of the few sports we excel in, so it should have its position of respect.

Roshan

Country flag
You ask me, Sharad Pawar has not done anything worth to deserve respect even in India, last time I heard he was the guy when 1993 Bombay blasts happened, maybe I am wrong.
Pawar fully knows the bollywood-isi-hawala-underworld nexus and plays politics with lives of people.
You are not wrong but this is more of a harami hai, par apna harami hai situation. Of course if the shoe was on the other foot and this treatment was handed out to Modi or some BJP leader then our fiberal jamaat and that whole Anti-Mudi bhajan mandali would have rejoiced even at a national humiliation.

Oooh.. shoes.. About that..

View attachment 229651

Not from this WC though.
They used to drink from the skulls of whoever they defeated/vanquished after battle so this behaviour is hardly surprising.

A bit controversial but here it is: idol worship.

Same reason why there are fans of Amitabh, South Stars and Virat Chokli
Dumb take, this has nothing to do with idol worship. Monotheists are probably even more anal about not having their iconography disrespected.

Latest Replies

New threads

Articles