IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neptune

Country flag
That F-16 seemed like it was traveling excessively fast especially while pulling out of the loop. Pilots do black out from time to time but it’s rare because they wear G suits and are conditioned for high G turns.

It’s strange that Pakistan has lost so few F-16 over so many decades while hundreds of F-16 crashed in other, better funded and trained Air Forces. I guess Pakistani F-16 don’t get much flight time. Even American pilots were amazed at how poorly trained Pakistani pilots were when they encountered one another.

Maybe the F-16 was remotely piloted? It would not be the first time Pakistanis went to extreme lengths to cover up losses :confused1: but even this is too crazy, I think the pilot was just not well trained and tried to pull Top Gun antics and paid the price.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That F-16 seemed like it was traveling excessively fast especially while pulling out of the loop. Pilots do black out from time to time but it’s rare because they wear G suits and are conditioned for high G turns.

It’s strange that Pakistan has lost so few F-16 over so many decades while hundreds of F-16 crashed in other, better funded and trained Air Forces. I guess Pakistani F-16 don’t get much flight time. Even American pilots were amazed at how poorly trained Pakistani pilots were when they encountered one another.

Maybe the F-16 was remotely piloted? It would not be the first time Pakistanis went to extreme lengths to cover up losses :confused1: but even this is too crazy, I think the pilot was just not well trained and tried to pull Top Gun antics and paid the price.
these type of mistakes are not expected from top pilot belonging to top squadron.

Narasimh

Country flag
respecting the dead soldier has always been the culture of our armed forces and that is the yudh dharm. Our forces will respect the fallen enemy but will destroy him in battle.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
respecting the dead soldier has always been the culture of our armed forces and that is the yudh dharm. Our forces will respect the fallen enemy but will destroy him in battle.
Is Yudh Dharm still valid when the other side doesn’t even recognise yudh dharm?

Especially when the other side believes it’s their god given right to eliminate the dharmic culture which created yudh dharm, there by destroying the concept of yudh dharm itself.

Shouldn’t yudh dharm evolve to meet the current crisis until dharma is established across the world?

I say It’s time for yudh dharma to evolve for its own survival.

Mindrapper

Country flag
Is Yudh Dharm still valid when the other side doesn’t even recognise yudh dharm?

Especially when the other side believes it’s their god given right to eliminate the dharmic culture which created yudh dharm, there by destroying the concept of yudh dharm itself.

Shouldn’t yudh dharm evolve to meet the current crisis until dharma is established across the world?

We in no way are advocating to follow the rules of engagement(dharma) if the other party gives no $hit about it, beat them black and blue(with treachery if need be) but once your enemy has bit the dust and when you have avenged your dead, it is not customary of us to criticize or insult the fallen but treat him as a solider.

Soldier is a universal feeling.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No tangible military or strategic benefit, plus it makes us look desperate. Is it necessary?
For the sake of argument.

Both in military & strategic terms, people who cheer enemy’s misery seems to have gained more territory in last 1400 years.

What is the dharmic answer to this?
==============
Painting of Taimur from Zafarnama by Taimur's own court poet Sharaf ad-Dīn Alī Yazdī

There is a huge pyramid of skulls behind him. Dead bodies all around. While his lieutenants bring heads, Taimur exclaims with glee

Not without reason that history buff Saif named his son Taimur

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
We in no way are advocating to follow the rules of engagement(dharma) if the other party gives no $hit about it, beat them black and blue(with treachery if need be) but once your enemy has bit the dust and when you have avenged your dead, it is not customary of us to criticize or insult the fallen but treat him as a solider.

Soldier is a universal feeling.
It was a response to a different post.

indiatester

Country flag
Where is this sudden "respect for the fallen enemy" is coming in as a virtue signalling?
If given a longer rope, other idiots will extend the example for "militants" too as they are also fighting something.

I'll leave the respect the enemy to the military folks. Let them respectfully bury as many as they want to. I'm happy that our army has to fight one less.

Agraj

Country flag
Where is this sudden "respect for the fallen enemy" is coming in as a virtue signalling?
If given a longer rope, other idiots will extend the example for "militants" too as they are also fighting something.

I'll leave the respect the enemy to the military folks. Let them respectfully bury as many as they want to. I'm happy that our army has to fight one less.
Typical 'DHINDU' sentiment.(I'm Hindu too) this needs to end.we shouldn't be showing any kind of sympathy respect for these barbarian.Dont forget how much pain and suffering they have cost us.

indiatester

Country flag
I actually heard it years ago on tv debate or it was some interview ,where retired military man ,i don't know his rank , from congress era ,
actually said the same thing ,
he was like in hindi ,
"even terrorists are fighting for a cause , so, you have to respect that , they also have a cause"

These kind of retards make it to upper echelons of decision making ,and then we wonder why develop cold feet ,on taking bold decisions.
They muddle up their language and end up influencing their thoughts and behaviours.
You pay attention enough to study it and deal with it with the maturity required.

I can respect people who are protecting their own and who mind their own business. But, these people take oaths to finish us off. That is their cause. They don't have my respect for sure.

Narasimh

Country flag

But where is the honor in that. If we become become the devil fighting the devil then we are fighting the devil's fight and not our own. I know the modernism gives weightage to practicality and pragmatism over such things but as a society we cannot lose values that make us what we are. Our civilization always valued gyaan and dharm so we survived this long. I fear if we lose that we will perish.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
But where is the honor in that. If we become become the devil fighting the devil then we are fighting the devil's fight and not our own. I know the modernism gives weightage to practicality and pragmatism over such things but as a society we cannot lose values that make us what we are. Our civilization always valued gyaan and dharm so we survived this long. I fear if we lose that we will perish.
In an ideal situation i would have agreed, but these days i am operating under the presumption based on current events that we are heading towards another partition in 2047 incited by forces outside of sovereign territory, pakistan is one of those forces.

if the threat is real, better control the threat with overwhelming ruthlessness and once threat is contained, we can go back to maintaining our civilisational ethos.

It's not like we don't follow what i am saying, most of the internal separatist movements were controlled this way. send overwhelming force, manage the threat with ruthless, bring them to negotiating table, bring peace in that region, go back to our normal lives. latest example being bru agitation.

we are already perishing, how much more land mass & people we have to loose before we realise our civilisational ethos might be nearing extinction towards the end of this century.

all i am saying, don't let the enemy mistake our civility as our weakness.

in this scenario, be reciprocal. you can check in neighbour's defence forum, how many show such chivalry when our soldier achieves veergathi ? and don't forget 400-500 years ago most of their great great grand fathers were part of our civilisational ethos, and now their lineage is hellbent on wiping us out.\

can't be giving confusing signals to people, first take care of the threat, then we can go back to being chivalrous after the threat subsides.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles