IAF MiG-21 shoots down Pakistani F-16

Status
Not open for further replies.

death.by.chocolate

Professional
Country flag
SAMs are mobile and can be hidden, aircraft usually are not. US aircraft were effective because they overwhelmed a poorly trained enemy by usually bombing their airfields, radars, communications, depots and headquarters and then they attacked in waves supported by AWACS. It wasn’t unusual for several dozen US fighters to engage a lone Iraqi aircraft and in many instances the US actually failed to shoot down Migs despite shooting off insane amounts missiles towards the Iraqis.
You know nothing Jon Snow. :biggrin2:

Neptune

Country flag
There may be many more losses of Western aircraft to the Iraqi Air Force. Many losses to SAMs were probably air to air kills:

This is the first hand account of Capt. Jameel Sayhood - a MiG-29A - pilot Iraqi AF squadron 39 - who claims he shot down a Royal Air Force Tornado GR.1 during Desert Storm in 1991.

"I switched the radio frequency to the AD sector and the GCI notified me that an enemy aircraft is to the right and directly below you!!! I turned my head to the right and noticed an airplane and since the sun was high in the sky I noticed its shadow on the desert floor (it was a RAF Tornado no doubt), I also saw the sun bright reflection over their helmets !!

I estimated the distance 500 m no more (1,640 feet) and apparently they didn't noticed me... I manoeuvred the aircraft to be behind and above them , I selected R-60MK heat seeking missile and a HUD symbology appeared (ER) which means target acquired with high beep in my ZS-5 helmet and I fired.... Within second they turned their heads toward me... it appear they noticed the flash of the missile or their RWR warned them . That was the first and last time they seen me. A huge explosion rocked the plane and soon it was engulfed in fire and crashed to the desert floor. No parachute seen since there was no time. They were flying at only 70 meters (230 feet). My wingman who was delayed in taking off. Now he took off and was behind me notified me that he saw at least one other aircraft dropping its bombs in the desert and flee "

The Royal Air Force acknowledges this loss and lists the reason as "unknown cause". Another example of western propaganda discrediting their opponent's success and attributing aircraft losses to either mechanical failure or ground fire.

Out of 36 Tornadoes sent by the RAF to Iraq, 6 were shot down.

On the sixth day (of the war), concern at the high level of RAF losses - it had flown 4 per cent of the missions and lost 25 per cent of the aircraft

Source: https://www.nytimes.com/1991/01/25/...sky-mission-low-level-raids-on-airfields.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/britons-died-in-gulf-war-due-to-mod-interference-1321938.html

Saw this old thread on F-16.net: http://www.f-16.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=3110&start=15

The Iraqi Air Force claims 8 air to air kills in the first Gulf War including the one described above by the Mig-29.
View attachment 40848

The US and NATO clearly had the better pilots and numerical superior. They also crippled the Iraqi Air Force mostly from the ground. Bombing Iraqi Runways, radars, aircraft, fuel depots, command centers, etc. It really took a toll on their Air Force and their capabilities. However, there is some popular misconceptions that the coalition one sidedly dominated the Iraqi Air Force and that is not really true. The coalition lost 75 aircraft and many kills were not of fighters or ever actually happened but US pilots were falsely credited anyways.

With that said the Iraqis were actually very stringent when it came to awarding kills, Lieutenant Zuhair Dawood didn’t get credited for shooting down Speicher’s F-18 until years later.

Something else interesting is that in some of the “kills” US aircraft were awarded with, not a single missile or bullet was fired. On several occasions Iraqi aircraft miscalculated their altitude (pilot error) and crashed. The US took credit and awarded their pilots with air-to-air kills. Moreover many of the Iraqi aircraft shot down were helicopter such as Mi-24s and ground attack such as SU-25 and SU-22 aircraft. In many instances those aircrafts were fleeing to Iran.

Case in points, it’s hard to just trust whatever is put out. Every side seems to skew or cover up what happened, perhaps unintentionally at times due to confusion. It’s usually not until years later that facts and evidence starts to come out, pilots begin to tell their stories and governments divulge evidence that they previously withheld or did not know.

Last edited:

Foxbat

Country flag
Yet another video of Abhinandan's capture surrounded by Pakistani barbarians.

At around 1:25 you hear someone saying " upar ek aur hain, bhaag jaiga sir".
"There is another one above, he will run away". Referring to the 2nd pilot who mysteriously was captured, later died and then disappeared. If it wasn't a PAF pilot then what is the reason to hide his identity?

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag

"There is another one above, he will run away". Referring to the 2nd pilot who mysteriously was captured, later died and then disappeared. If it wasn't a PAF pilot then what is the reason to hide his identity?
download this guys....this is classic example of self goal which only pukies can do....

south block

up your a**
Country flag

Download this video before it to disappear.

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Common sense is quite uncommon as evident in this thread. Despite DG ISPR clearly mentioning the reporting of two pilots was due to the confusion of 2 units reporting abhinandan at the same time. This video clearly lends the credence that, rumour from 2nd unit sighting abhinandan as 2nd pilot spread around the entire village. Hence people assumed there was a second pilot. But Einsteins on this thread can't deduce this simple logical explanation, can't they ?

DG ISPR taking back his claims of 2nd pilot Watch from 3:50. Which shows Honest people doesn't have anything to Hide

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
download this guys....this is classic example of self goal which only pukies can do....
Yup download the video so that world laugh at you more when you repeat this conspiracy theory.

Just to correct your illogical assertions. 2 army units reported seeing abhinandan. Word spread around that 2 army units reported 2 pilots. Hence Old man claiming second pilot and they are going there to capture him

Now this video guy is claiming second because of the rumor that 2nd army unit reported the 2nd pilot

People from different locations saw the Same pilot descending plus army unit confusion also got into the mix. Hence people claiming what they heard.

This is the classic example of Fog Of WAR. When India can shot down their own HELICOPTER thinking it is a Pakistani Bogey, Pakistan can get wrapped into fog of war as well. But alas how can people think logically here. It is there bread and butter to indulge in conspiracy theories

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pakistan is owning the Kill of SU-30 and awarding Pilot for it. What india has to got to show for it? Did they give Abhinandan any award for Killing an imaginary F-16 Pilot so far ???

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Pakistan is owning the Kill of SU-30 and awarding Pilot for it. What india has to got to show for it? Did they give Abhinandan any award for Killing an imaginary F-16 Pilot so far ???
Abhi was awarded for shooting down f-16, not killing the pilot.

Where is Doosra pilot who died in CMH as confessed by DJ Gafoora?

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Since you chose to ignore DGISPR retractions of 2nd Pilot claim. Where is the proof F-16 was shot down? Just to show the desparation Of India tbh. A nation who shots down its own Helicopter are claiming imaginary kills of F-16. Just to show at what lengths Indians will go to lie about something.

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Ask Christina Fair where is F-16 wreckage. She will give you a nice dosage of reality once again. She questioned your BS DHONA about F-16. Did he come up with any evidences to shut her mouth there and then ? Lol

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bhosdi k hes sayin thers one more pilot above ,
2nd army unit teri ammi ki choot me gyi,

Besides who died at hospital , paedophilic Muhammad k lawde DIED in CMH hospital ,
321gayfoor said about death in march ,
Fog of war happens only on boxing day ,

I know why you come here but still ,
Jungle me ata bhoot ALLAH KI MA KI CHOOOOOOT me r-73 .
Shows what kind of illiterate and ignorant person you are. Cant counter facts with logical response and shows your desperation that you are failing in your conspiracy theories. Mate I'm enjoying your rants and outbursts. Keep going so that I can show the neutral people what kind of mentality Indians have.

Reddit will be a good place to start showing this Growing facist mentality in India.

Atcjurvin

Since you chose to ignore DGISPR retractions of 2nd Pilot claim. Where is the proof F-16 was shot down? Just to show the desparation Of India tbh. A nation who shots down its own Helicopter are claiming imaginary kills of F-16. Just to show at what lengths Indians will go to lie about something.
What proof do u have that su30 was shot down. And moreover if kill marks are on jf17 then why u awarded f16 pilots? where are other 2 pilots it was reported by your own ispr and prime minister? Back to back lies and twisting of facts shows the desperation of hiding truth only a inbreds like Pakistanis can believe on all the fantacis even after so many lies and loopholes.

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Ask 321gayfoor he will give you a nice idea about 2nd and 3rd pilot who he claimed to have

You know who was daddy of your prophet Muhammad ,
Yep a idol worshipping KAFIRRRRR with whole SABUT Lund , which fucked Muhammad's mother.

Do we are the Baaps of Allah.
Why not ask the commander of Indian air defence who shot down his own helicopter ? He might have seen the Pakistanis in his airspace so he will be a better person to ask.

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
What proof do u have that su30 was shot down. And moreover if kill marks are on jf17 then why u awarded f16 pilots? where are other 2 pilots it was reported by your own ispr and prime minister? Not everyone is inbred like you.
Here comes another ignorant with its rants and outbursts. I just shared Asif Ghafoor video where he said there was no 2nd pilot at all.

There is no Kill marks on JF-17. This shows how ignorant you are that you cant even discern a fake photo from a real photo

Proof of SU-30 kill? Shall i share the videos of indians, who claimed they saw a jet crashing in Indian territory? Wait. let me share it for you to make it easy for you. Enjoy from your own Media.

Last edited:

Sayaaf

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Shows the result of sister fucking you are,
I know for dollars you sell your mummies as you are CONVERTED SLAVES ,
dont worry your daughter too will go to higest bidder and 321 gayfoora will hide it in CMH hospital:pound:
Just like Indians hide the the death of its pilots n road accidents after 27 FEB shot down

2 IAF Personnel Killed In Road Accident In Jammu And Kashmir: Cops
The personnel who died are Squadron Leader Rakesh Pandey and Corporal Ajay Kumar.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
No reason to pollute this thread and waste time. Let him believe what he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles