IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
Very difficult to digest that top rated pilots could have made a costly mistake on a relatively milder south indian hill terrain, nowhere near as challenging like the himalayas/NE terrain. The quick changing fog might have caught them out. All that is left to do now is to find out the root cause and learn lessons from the gruesome accident. Which iam sure the AF will do very professionally.

RIP.
No way you will learn anything. If we go by past precedents, it will all be covered up. What a way to go for India’s first CDS. Shaking my head. This is globally embarrassing for us es when facing a big enemy like China. A complete screwup and unmitigated disaster for our reputation as a country. There is no coming back from this. You simply don’t lose your top most defense officer like this. I am sorry but I have lost my faith in IAF completely- bad response to the Paki retaliation and Mi17 fratricide on Feb 27 and now this.

Om shanti Gen. Rawat. We have lost a great fighter in you. And potentially the end of theater command concept due to this IAF sabotage.

Deathstar

Country flag
Om Shanti Soldiers. You sacrificed for your country. I hope Bipin Rawat n others inspire 1000s of bipin rawats to serve the nation. He did his job and parted away. Hope next CDS follows his footsteps n takes the modernization forward

Gandaberunda

Country flag
A noob question why was CDS wife travelling with him with other officers on board? Is family members allowed to travel along other seniors? Is that the practice of Generals taking their kin along with them for official purpose?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
No way you will learn anything. If we go by past precedents, it will all be covered up. What a way to go for India’s first CDS. Shaking my head. This is globally embarrassing for us es when facing a big enemy like China. A complete screwup and unmitigated disaster for our reputation as a country. There is no coming back from this. You simply don’t lose your top most defense officer like this. I am sorry but I have lost my faith in IAF completely- bad response to the Paki retaliation and Mi17 fratricide on Feb 27 and now this.

Om shanti Gen. Rawat. We have lost a great fighter in you. And potentially the end of theater command concept due to this IAF sabotage.
If you have lost faith, then there is no point in you being here.

Deathstar

Country flag
A noob question why was CDS wife travelling with him with others officers? Is family members allowed to travel along other seniors? Is that the practice of Generals taking their kin along with them for official purpose?
Entire crew belonged to the CDS Bipin Rawat , senior officers were his assitants n others his security.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
A noob question why was CDS wife travelling with him with other officers on board? Is family members allowed to travel along other seniors? Is that the practice of Generals taking their kin along with them for official purpose?
CDS wife is chief of Army Wives Association and they are going to a staff college, it is an official visit.

Tactical Doge

𝕱𝖔𝖔𝖑𝖘 𝖗𝖚𝖘𝖍 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊𝖑𝖘 𝖋𝖊𝖆𝖗
Country flag
Sad day for Bharat and all desh bhakts. This is irreparable damage.

But this looks to be predicted by astrologer just a week back.

It is just a eery coincidence and coincidence alone
Don't post this astrology shiiet here please

Varoon2

Country flag
Horrible tragedy. Hope that the best comes out of it in the aftermath.

Jimih

Country flag
The questions should be asked now:

Who will be the next CDS? the creation of first CDS was timed with Rawat sahab's retirement from the post of COAS.

Both IAF and IN got new COS recently. Current COAS Gen. Narwane will retire in 2023, if iam not wrong.

Now who will serve as acting CDS till CDS is not appointed? any contigency plans?

Tuco

Country flag
Om Shanti. Very unfortunate incident.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles