IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

abingdonboy

Country flag
Yeah, when he was COAS he had a safari. That's what I meant.
belongs to the army not him personally, CDS office (DMA) only got enough sanction for some mini sedan apparently.

like I said pure callousness has been on display for chain of command in India perhaps since day 1 and never corrected.

chalta hai attitude is playing with fire

same helos fly Modi, keep that in mind

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
Rash actions? Those rash actions are the reasons why US dominates entire globe and gets to loot and and plunder from all while we fear losing what is already ours. I hope the new CDS would be much more ferocious (in his acts not words) against our enemies. Thanks for your services general. :india::salute:
No dude.. Those Rash actions of the US are because it is a world away from the rest of the world, flanked by oceans, and bordered by Harmless morons Canada and Mexico..

sorcerer

Country flag
I'm pretty sure AW 101 was only for political leadership. Irrespective defence chiefs would have flown in Mi 17. Having said that Mi17v5 was a recent acquisition and any machine is prone to human error or technical glitch.
May be CDS tragedy will make security establishment quake in their boots and shift to aw101 for PM.
Any machine given bad conditions and glitches would crash.
call it by any name or brand..if its a machine its prone to technical, human and other errors and vectors.

Adhering to protocols..and not taking certain avoidable risks would be more advantageous.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Were there some civilian infra close to crash site there seems to be resort like Structure nearby.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
How much time does a DNA test take?
If sample is at lab then 6-10 hours. Extraction, Quantitation, Amplification and CE.

Then you match it with available DNA sequence graph kept by the government laboratories for high profile leaders or their institutions. If not, then you match it with family members’ DNA going through above process.

To be on safer side 1-2 days.

Hfg..

Country flag
Can someone explain the issues with MI-17 helis and how AW would have been a better choice.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
Some truth to this no doubt about it BUT using the Rafale analogy- BJP didn’t scrap the deal when the baseless allegations emerged. UPA unilaterally scrapped the deal and made AW blacklist reducing the AW101 in Delhi scrap metal.

not finding a solution to the AW101 deficit is definitely a blot on Modi and for 7+ years he’s been playing Russian roulette with those MI17s

With AW officially removed from the black list now let’s see if something good can come out of this tragedy, Modi seems far too indecisive these days
The analogy is perfect... AW got scrapped bcoz congressis were cucks & running a coalition govt which panicked bcoz of scam allegations

I'm pretty sure AW 101 was only for political leadership. Irrespective defence chiefs would have flown in Mi 17. Having said that Mi17v5 was a recent acquisition and any machine is prone to human error or technical glitch.
May be CDS tragedy will make security establishment quake in their boots and shift to aw101 for PM.
It was for everyone from 1 to 13 in order of precedence except the Bharat Ratna awardees

Mi17v5 has crashed a lot... go check.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Crashed 4 km from my home. The truth is known but cannot be made public at this juncture. CCS meet soon.

I don't know why the fuk the chopper was given the go-ahead to fly into the hills when the weather was pretty bad. It's covered with mist and drizzles much of the time.

Bottom line: Poor visibility could have been the cause of the accident.

Altitude of crash site - 5000 ft. Near Kateri village. Thickly forested. The chopper was seen flying way lower than usual. Clearance 7000 ft but flying far lower.

Angel of War

Country flag
belongs to the army not him personally, CDS office (DMA) only got enough sanction for some mini sedan apparently.

like I said pure callousness has been on display for chain of command in India perhaps since day 1 and never corrected.

chalta hai attitude is playing with fire

same helos fly Modi, keep that in mind
There is a whole convoy and pilot vehicles to protect and guide the CDS while he's on the move in and outside South Block.then there are the ordinance teams which clear the routes prior to his arrival. Honestly the Army takes the safety of its senior staff officers very seriously. Chalta hai attitude is not there in the army regarding the safety of the top brass . But unfortunate incidents are something you can't avoid. Honestly I am wondering what was wrong with the Mi17V5 he was flying in ? This helo has an excellent safety record if compared as a ratio to its flight hours

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Crashed 4 km from my home. The truth is known but cannot be made public at this juncture. CCS meet soon.

I don't know why the fuk the chopper was given the go-ahead to fly into the hills when the weather was pretty bad. It's covered with mist and drizzles much of the time.

Bottom line: Poor visibility could have been the cause of the accident.

Altitude of crash site - 5000 ft. Near Kateri village. Thickly forested. The chopper was seen flying way lower than usual. Clearance 7000 ft but flying fat lower.
Thanks for the update.
Best regards.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles