IAF Mi-17V5 Crashed Near Coonoor (Tamil Nadu)-CDS Onboard

abingdonboy

Country flag
Throw some light here.. Considering that one cannot transport VVIP choppers wherever a VVIP goes in a C-17.. except for may be the prime Minister.. What's the idea.. like if we have 12 Augusta Westland choppers will they be stationed at different air bases across the country, one to cater to a particular zone..?
No. They’ll all be stationed in Delhi and pre-deployed for VIP movement when needed

of the 12 2 flights of 3 will be made ready for the PM 100% of the time wherever he is in India.

iNorthernerOn9

Country flag
I may get banned... but truth be said.

Sad for General Rawat & all brave personnel on board.

Karma is hitting BJP... The way congis took out Rafale scam from their own a**hole... same way BJP created Augusta Westland scam out of thin air

Those helicopters had to serve a very specific purpose... "Survivability of India's top leadership in most desperate circumstances... specifically those involved in pulling the plug"... in absence of those choppers entire top leadership is flying on Russian khatara maal... adding V5 to mi-17 doesn't mean shit when it comes to Survivability.

Insult karwa liya... ab jaa election lad madharchod.

Love Charger

चक्रवर्ती
Country flag

Karma is hitting BJP... The way congis took out Rafale scam from their a**hole... same way BJP created Augusta Westland scam out of thin air

Those helicopters had to serve a very specific purpose... "Survivability of India's top leadership in most desperate circumstances... specifically those involved in pulling the plug"... in absence of those choppers entire top leadership is flying on Russian khatara maal... adding V5 to mi-17 doesn't mean shit when it comes to Survivability.

I understand it , your anger sirji

Rubaroo

Country flag
This is not America sir, we think before taking rash actions.
Rash actions? Those rash actions are the reasons why US dominates entire globe and gets to loot and and plunder from all while we fear losing what is already ours. I hope the new CDS would be much more ferocious (in his acts not words) against our enemies. Thanks for your services general. :india::salute:

srevster

Country flag
This is not America sir, we think before taking rash actions.
Take some bp pills and have a seat. Let the young blood have a chance in defending their honor. Enough dhimmi attitude.

for once let’s act with our gut and not our analysis. Nothing will come from the investigation but we all know the circumstances of the crash are suspicious

Srinivas_K

Country flag
Rash actions? Those rash actions are the reasons why US dominates entire globe and gets to loot and and plunder from all while we fear losing what is already ours. I hope the new CDS would be much more ferocious (in his acts not words) against our enemies. Thanks for your services general. :india::salute:
Defence forces are institutions, there is a clear change of mindset and direction change in the recent past.

The reforms will continue at faster pace and if there is an opportunity to gain upper hand against enemies that will be grabbed.

Make no mistake the entire system went a change once BJP took power in 2014.

abingdonboy

Country flag

Karma is hitting BJP... The way congis took out Rafale scam from their a**hole... same way BJP created Augusta Westland scam out of thin air

Some truth to this no doubt about it BUT using the Rafale analogy- BJP didn’t scrap the deal when the baseless allegations emerged. UPA unilaterally scrapped the deal and made AW blacklist reducing the AW101 in Delhi scrap metal.

not finding a solution to the AW101 deficit is definitely a blot on Modi and for 7+ years he’s been playing Russian roulette with those MI17s

With AW officially removed from the black list now let’s see if something good can come out of this tragedy, Modi seems far too indecisive these days

Angel of War

Country flag
I am desperately for the inquiry report to come out. MI 17 crash is not a small thing and that too a Mi17V5

JBH22

Karma is hitting BJP... The way congis took out Rafale scam from their own a**hole... same way BJP created Augusta Westland scam out of thin air

I'm pretty sure AW 101 was only for political leadership. Irrespective defence chiefs would have flown in Mi 17. Having said that Mi17v5 was a recent acquisition and any machine is prone to human error or technical glitch.
May be CDS tragedy will make security establishment quake in their boots and shift to aw101 for PM.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles