HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

Rushil51

Country flag
What do the Pakistanis have that compare to smth like this?

They have some American Cobras and are planning to buy Russian Mi-35s

Btw you seem new so introduce yourself(if you want to) to other DFIians in the Introductions and greeting section of the forum

Sea Eagle

Z-19 Light Attack Helicopter with 8 ATGMs and 14 rockets.

Hope to see such a payload on LCH, if possible !!

Thanks to a member on Sino Defense for the picture.

Last edited:

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
he meant that ALH is for transport and other utility , not attack and defense ... LCH and Rudra will be used for that....
ignore his reasoning for LCH and ALh...
Active role in war does not only mean attack and defence. Every aspect is counted and supplies form the heart of any battle. And according to me, ALH will play a very crucial role in any war that India participate.

Btw its okay because I still don`t understand what he was trying to say.

Dhairya Yadav

Why hasnt LCH not been ordered by Indian Navy? It could be a capable strike helicopter and could be used on IAC and Vikki ...

Dhairya Yadav

Yea, at present we dont, but what about Multi-Role support vessel programme?It could be used on them

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Thats true just that doesnot limit up from operating LCH in Sea.... Though I still have to decide its purpose or utility in Sea whichas of now I can't decide or find.......or they can serve the same purpose they serve on Amphibious Assault Ships or Helicopter carrier ....
Because we don`t have any Amphibious Assault Ships yet to operate them. Any other Indian Nany Ships don`t operate helis for that role which LCH plays.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Thats true just that doesnot limit up from operating LCH in Sea.... Though I still have to decide its purpose or utility in Sea whichas of now I can't decide or find.......or they can serve the same purpose they serve on Amphibious Assault Ships or Helicopter carrier ....
Attack Helis are based solely for striking out ground targets and thats what AAS`s do. LCH has no role to play in an open sea.

Yatharth Singh

Knowledge is power.
Country flag
Yea, at present we dont, but what about Multi-Role support vessel programme?It could be used on them
I don`t think MRSV`s would be commissioned before 2020-22 and I read somewhere that Indian Shipyards are not well equipped for construction of such vessels so I doubt that right now they would be considering any possibility for LCH on it. Also by the time the MRSV is ready I hope there are much more advanced version of LCH into service to be considered for that role.

No doubt LCH will be there on an Indian amphibious assault ships IF navy gets one.

RajG

Would love the get a look at the new prototype.

LCH seems to have one of the smallest optronics unit among its contemporaries. I know that size is not everything, but when it comes to optics....
Another little quibble is the rear half of the aircraft looking a bit awkward due to the high tail that is part of the Dhruv DNA.

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Would love the get a look at the new prototype.
thats not gonna happen soon any time soon... :( :( :( :( :(
recently heard that from a friend who know someone working somewhere ....

Not sure..... but......

Global Defence

New threads

Articles