HAL Prachand - Light Combat Helicopter (LCH)

abhi_the _gr8_maratha

Country flag
What are you talking about?? The ALH is in service in the hundreds in the Indian Mil, it is used by the ICG, the BSF and the Geological Survey of India. There are orders for many many more for the Mil and HAL is targeting 100+ units for further civilian orders.

As for the interest in the LCH @jmj_overlord I've heard Ecuador were interested along with Sri Lanka.
ALH is in service cause it won't gonna play active role in a war. Armed forces will also accept LCH , and the reason is no product is available in market which have capability of LCH

Last edited by a moderator:

Pulkit

Satyameva Jayate "Truth Alone Triumphs"
Country flag
Thanks Kunal He is saying correct but understanding me incorrectly....
I know you are right, But lets go easy on members who don`t know about some updates ..

You're talking out of your backside, you are buying into some BS you've heard somewhere or you are ignorant to the truth

1) the ALH has been exported to Mauritius, Nepal, Ecuador, Israel, Maldives, Turkey and Peru. The main thing that has been holding back exports to European countries and North America is certain safer certificates that are being actively worked on by HAL as we speak.
2) India does export quite a bit of military gear- radars, Dorniers, small arms, light trucks, 4x4 etc not billions and there is room for improvement but it is not 0
3) the crashes in Ecuador in no way reflected on the ALH as a whole- in both instances the crew survived which intiself is a commendable achievement. The first crash was found to be due to pilot error not too sure about the second but i've heard nothing about it being equipment failure.
Just In addition to the things you have quoted... I Really wanna know how many were Exported and how many were gifted?????

I do like to hear everything but I listen to what i think is true....

and I did say India selling Goods to Nepal and other neighbouring countries....

I never doubted the efficiency of Dhruv just said that these accidents whose so ever mistake /error brings bad name to the machine... If acc to you it doesnt then sure.... why not....

What i really said was the Defense forces not readily accepting all the Home made goods Including Dhruv and even LCH and Rudra have to go thru it all....
No other country in the world does these many trials before induction and scrap teh product at teh end by placing such meger number in orders.....

I have full faith in these products just i doubt the intentions ...

really wanna know about 100+ of those orders?????

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This is a mixture of lobbies, Limited budget for National defence and more on Imports, Foreign influenced 'Indian' moles in Defense PSU and ill treatment of our scientific community ..

No other country in the world does these many trials before induction and scrap teh product at teh end by placing such meger number in orders..

Pulkit

Country flag
Xactly this is what I was pointing out.... Foreign lobbies minting money...

Good news today is finally Indian bofers atleast is out of jinx and recieved a order of 20 even before completion of trials .. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Hoping LCH and Rudra also get atleast this much welcome from our foreign minded babus sitting in our defense structure....

This is a mixture of lobbies, Limited budget for National defence and more on Imports, Foreign influenced 'Indian' moles in Defense PSU and ill treatment of our scientific community ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Rudra already inducted into Army under IOC configuration ..

mayankkrishna

Country flag
You're talking out of your backside, you are buying into some BS you've heard somewhere or you are ignorant to the truth

1) the ALH has been exported to Mauritius, Nepal, Ecuador, Israel, Maldives, Turkey and Peru. The main thing that has been holding back exports to European countries and North America is certain safer certificates that are being actively worked on by HAL as we speak.
2) India does export quite a bit of military gear- radars, Dorniers, small arms, light trucks, 4x4 etc not billions and there is room for improvement but it is not 0
3) the crashes in Ecuador in no way reflected on the ALH as a whole- in both instances the crew survived which intiself is a commendable achievement. The first crash was found to be due to pilot error not too sure about the second but i've heard nothing about it being equipment failure.
Let me just make one brief correction here: Indian Defence Industry already exports globally over 4 Billion Dollars annually......

Following link can brief some idea: http://www.dsalert.org/dialogue/2012/06/indian-dpsus-increase-exports-to-us-europe-asia/ , but this does not accounts other equipments and parts by Private manufacturers

Last edited:

mayankkrishna

Country flag
In year 2012-13 the total exports under exports category of 'Aircrafts & parts' were 2.2 billion, in 2013-14 the figure is 5.34 billion USD. Aircrafts & Parts have become one of best performing items in exports. No doubt the the government have to weigh the opportunities in the sector

Twinblade

Country flag
OMG ! OMGG !! OMGGG !!! :yey:
2-3 months = June 2015 at least ;) take whatever date is declared, deduce the time period, multiply by a factor of 2 if program is in initial stages and 4 if in final stages and you get the actual date :)

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
2-3 months = June 2015 at least ;) take whatever date is declared, deduce the time period, multiply by a factor of 2 if program is in initial stages and 4 if in final stages and you get the actual date :)
But... But... It's from the (former?) chief test pilot of LCH. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

┬──┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)

power_monger

Country flag
I am not trying to Bring in this vs this war.But this post indicates that LCH has best maximum Tonnage/Empty Weight Ratio(around 2.5) which is a healthy Indicator of the Quality of the helicopter.

Pulkit

Country flag
Yes it is true ... They have shown interest in buying 20 LCH once inducted into IAF....
Apart from wiki can't find any other source but once in another articles regarding Indian Defense Exports this point was mentioned...

heard that sri lanka was ordering some 20 lch, is it true.?

power_monger

Country flag
No America want's it first then Indian Air-force
It doesn't matter who orders it or not orders it.What matters is LCH is almost on the verge to get IOC and is one of the most competant Combat helicopter which is indigeniously made.The TD-3 prototype which is almost ready in couple of months.This is almost near to the production version ordered and soon we will be seeing IOC as per the reports of its chief prototype test pilot.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles