Gun control laws in India.

Bachchu Yadav

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
Ok, then it deserves a seperate thread. The other one is anyway cumbersome with the gun politics.
Personal stuff and GunSmithing etc at this thread might just be much better :thumb:

Bachchu Yadav

Ok, then it deserves a seperate thread. The other one is anyway cumbersome with the gun politics.
Personal stuff and GunSmithing etc at this thread might just be much better :thumb:
Virendra ji , Rajsthan main log gun nahi rakhate kya ?

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I wish I could own a tactical shotgun... but I can't. :tsk:

Bachchu Yadav

I wish I could own a tactical shotgun... but I can't. :tsk:
Ohh man ! you are not still happy with these , Indian government gives toys( even 9mm is prohibited calibre for Indians) to indian public because automatic guns can increase militancy , As they think it .

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Ohh man ! you are not still happy with these , Indian government gives toys( even 9mm is prohibited calibre for Indians) to indian public because automatic guns can increase militancy , As they think it .
I am not happy that I can't own the same firearms I trained with. I had to customise my M95 to take a clip but it still has to be bolt action. I can own a shotgun but no weapons can be automatic or military grade.. I REALLY want a Glock 18 full auto.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
It has nothing to do with militancy. Arms Act still smells of the colonial bias and master slave relationship.
Prohibited calibres are all those that the British armies in India would use. They were prohibited so that even if the rebel snatches or manages a competitive gun he wouldn't have the ammo to use it. Current classification and the mentality behind it is more or less the same.

Bachchu Ji, this is becoming another Gun rights thread :p

Regards,
Virendra

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Indian Arms Act said:
(i) "prohibited arms" means---

(i) firearms so designed or adapted that, if pressure is applied to the trigger, missiles continue to be discharged until pressure is removed from the trigger or the magazine containing the missiles is empty, or

(ii) weapons of any description designed or adapted for the discharge of any noxious liquid, gas or other such thing,

and includes artillery, anti-aircraft and anti-tank firearms and such other arms as the Central Government may, by notification in the Official Gazette, specify to be prohibited arms;
It only looks like full auto, flame throwers and AT guns are prohibited. Is the 12.7mm considered an AT calibre?

Koovie

look at our police forces and u will have a good reason why to forbid automatic weapons

pankajgopi2001

0.315 rifle

IOF has launched news rifle of 30-06 calibre. Do anybody own that? how is performance?

I'm thinking to sell .315 rifle and buying 30-06 one . even 30-06(first one) looks better then 315 rifle(later).
vs

Ordnance Factory Board
Dear Sir,
I am having valid licence for NPB rifle. I am looking for used 0.315 rifle. If you are intrested then kingly send me details of ur rifle along with your expected price. i belong to punjab. my mail ID is [email protected]

Parthy

Air Warrior
I do have a GUN like any other boys do... :rofl::laugh::taunt1:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I was goggling for a while, When i noticed a strange Rifle, latter found out its a OFB .315 make over by an Local Indian company..

------------------
------------------

.315 OFB Rifle..

After makeover

Seems popular in civillians

--------------------------

To me its looks nice, But i personally dont think its comfortable:

1. To shoot specially a .315 with a butt like that, Is uncomfortable and dangerious as .315 is a big round with big recoil..

2. The Grip is made of steel, It can cause injury..

3. Overall weight must have increased due to more steel and aluminum parts..

4. Not sure if those are real P-rail or just the design..

Original Link :

http://gunaccessory.com/accessories/default.htm

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
So is .315" Indian equivalent to .303 British or 8x57mm?

So, Jinx Magazine has an article about Phoolan Devi that mentions her weapon as a .315" Mauser. Now, being curious about such things, I sort of assumed that .315" must be the Indian designation for 8x57mm. A couple of minutes on google churned up some fascinating links with information on civilian firearms in India, and interestingly, showed what appeared to be a new manufacture, sporterized No.1 SMLE in the .315" caliber. Now at first glance, the picture seems to show a regular looking SMLE magazine for .303 tapered cartidges as opposed the squared profile type on .308 (7.62x51mm) SMLE's. But then, reading the text, it clearly indicates that the magazine capacity is only 5 rounds.

Since I happen to have a .303 No.4 rifle magazine to play with, I checked and it appears that it would be possible to feed 5 rounds of 8x57mm from one. I've dug up a couple of references to conversions to 8x57mm, so it certainly is possible that the Indan .315" SMLE is actually chambered in 8x57mm.

Additionally, I know that it is possible to feed tapered rounds in a modified 98 Mauser action, like the Siamese 8x52Rmm which have been rechambered in everything from 45-70 to 7.62x54Rmm so it isn't beyond reason that there would be .303 chambered mausers floating around in India.

So...does anyone have any ideas?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Indian .315 original 8x50R Austro-Hungarian cartridge made by the Ordnance Factories Board of India.. ( Google search )

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles