Gun control laws in India.

Bachchu Yadav

Hi friends,

I think there should be thread for gun lovers/owners.From 1950 to 1988 , Government has allowed imported gun for self-defence.But in 1988, Government had banned the imported guns on pretext of growing militancy. Hell ! Do you ever see a militant with licensed gun? As of now a person can own indigenous guns made by Indian ordinance factory or local manufacturers. Needless to say these guns are of inferior quality and yet also expensive.

Well, we own two guns back at home: 315 bore rifle (IOF made) and single barrel Shot gun (imported version -far more accurate)

Bachchu Yadav

Yadavji what do you generally do with those guns?Whom do you shoot?What for you need a gun in UP?
Guns primarily used for self-defence,killing big cats(leopards) and also ,flaunting in 'Baraats' :)thumb:). In villages, there is no security cover of police, we have to protect our self from dacoits and burglars.

Iamanidiot

Guns primarily used for self-defence,killing big cats(leopards) and also ,flaunting in 'Baraats' :)thumb:). In villages, there is no security cover of police, we have to protect our self from dacoits and burglars.
You have leopards in UP?Where is the forest cover for all those Leopards?What do you get from flaunting the gun in baraats?

The third answer seems to be valid for self-defence but Yadavji the dacoity and burglary in UP has a very peculiar characterstic sometimes they are politically motivated and are well armed

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
I think guns are used in North India mostly to shoot in air during Shaadis while holding whiskey bottle in one hand.

But its different if you are in Merath :D

Bachchu Yadav

You have leopards in UP?Where is the forest cover for all those Leopards?What do you get from flaunting the gun in baraats?

The third answer seems to be valid for self-defence but Yadavji the dacoity and burglary in UP has a very peculiar characterstic sometimes they are politically motivated and are well armed
Yeah stray leopard comes from dwindling forest cover and thinning of natural habitat. sometime they tend to attack domestic animals and can injure humans or even cause death. But yeah this not usual phenomena, once a incidence in 2-3 years.

What we get from flaunting in baraats ... attention !

Bachchu Yadav

IOF has launched news rifle of 30-06 calibre. Do anybody own that? how is performance?

I'm thinking to sell .315 rifle and buying 30-06 one . even 30-06(first one) looks better then 315 rifle(later).
vs

Ordnance Factory Board

noob101

I own a gun that has been passed down for generations going way back before world war i, my great great grandfather was had it given to him by the Raj and at that time he would go out hunting with them using that gun............... it a double barrel shotgun 12 guage

4 years back when my grandfather died, I seemed to be the only one interested in taking possession of the gun so I did, I thought I would get a permit and own it legally so right now it has been in the police station for the past 1 years and it looks like I have to pay a bit to get a permit! I don't know what I am going to do with it although according to my research its worth at least 150000 rupees as an antique...

Bachchu Yadav

I own a gun that has been passed down for generations going way back before world war i, my great great grandfather was had it given to him by the Raj and at that time he would go out hunting with them using that gun............... it a double barrel shotgun 12 guage

4 years back when my grandfather died, I seemed to be the only one interested in taking possession of the gun so I did, I thought I would get a permit and own it legally so right now it has been in the police station for the past 1 years and it looks like I have to pay a bit to get a permit! I don't know what I am going to do with it although according to my research its worth at least 150000 rupees as an antique...
Do you have a photo? who are manufacturer of gun ?

noob101

Do you have a photo? who are manufacturer of gun ?
I dont have a photo of the gun.... now thinking about it I wish I had a photo so that I could get a better estimate from a professional antique dealer ..
I think i have the name of the manufacturer some where I will get back to to you on that....

Global Defence

New threads

Articles