Gun control laws in India.

NotASussyBoi

Country flag
I am an advocate for gun ownership, though it better be traceable. Licensing should be easier, but instead of relying purely on background checks (lone wolves tend to have a clean background before committing an act of terror), it should be based on a mechanism where people can be traced.

Most folks from my region don't know the concept of mass ownership of firearms as northeastern states are generally safer than the rest of our country. We do have a lot of melee weapons, mostly traditional like Dao, khukhri etc.

But people of rest of India, especially in small towns know how riots and mob attacks are common in their cities. Sometimes its caste, sometimes religion, sometimes both. Therefore, the only way of ensuring that violence is not one way and deters rioters is to have firearms.

Benefits:
  1. If everyone has firearms, then everyone is equally at the risk of being shot
  2. If licensed firearm owners can be traced, it makes people more responsible since they will act as a quasi-police when police forces are stretched (e.g.,COVID times)
  3. Along with firearms the government should also allow citizens' arrest. People with clean backgrounds can be an asset to the law and order. Imagine if the radical rioters of Jahangirpuri had weapons, so would the people who were attacked have and be able to retaliate. That fear would ensure that such riots are not a one-way traffic and police can quickly step in before things get out of hand. Sort of like a localized mutually-assured destruction (MAD).
  4. Civilian sales of firearms and bullets would drastically reduce the cost of rounds, thereby allowing our forces to purchase more of them.
  5. Allowing non-military organizations to own firearms (regulated & under strong surveillance) can lead to creation of private military/security companies that can often get things done faster. Not only would this employ Indian military veterans & pay them well, but also enable the govt to outsource a lot of its 'dirty' jobs without any repercussions, just like the US.
Pmcs i like the sound of that,i can hear india Blackwater in Cnn and DW

tommy

I am an advocate for gun ownership, though it better be traceable. Licensing should be easier, but instead of relying purely on background checks (lone wolves tend to have a clean background before committing an act of terror), it should be based on a mechanism where people can be traced.

Most folks from my region don't know the concept of mass ownership of firearms as northeastern states are generally safer than the rest of our country. We do have a lot of melee weapons, mostly traditional like Dao, khukhri etc.

But people of rest of India, especially in small towns know how riots and mob attacks are common in their cities. Sometimes its caste, sometimes religion, sometimes both. Therefore, the only way of ensuring that violence is not one way and deters rioters is to have firearms.

Benefits:
  1. If everyone has firearms, then everyone is equally at the risk of being shot
  2. If licensed firearm owners can be traced, it makes people more responsible since they will act as a quasi-police when police forces are stretched (e.g.,COVID times)
  3. Along with firearms the government should also allow citizens' arrest. People with clean backgrounds can be an asset to the law and order. Imagine if the radical rioters of Jahangirpuri had weapons, so would the people who were attacked have and be able to retaliate. That fear would ensure that such riots are not a one-way traffic and police can quickly step in before things get out of hand. Sort of like a localized mutually-assured destruction (MAD).
  4. Civilian sales of firearms and bullets would drastically reduce the cost of rounds, thereby allowing our forces to purchase more of them.
  5. Allowing non-military organizations to own firearms (regulated & under strong surveillance) can lead to creation of private military/security companies that can often get things done faster. Not only would this employ Indian military veterans & pay them well, but also enable the govt to outsource a lot of its 'dirty' jobs without any repercussions, just like the US.
Are there any specific methods to employ while using Dao or Khukhri or is it just random slashing?

Boobster

Does anyone here sell electric airsoft guns or knows anyone who does, really wanted a few ngl. Asked airsoft india but they’re out of stock as well lmao.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles