Germany - News, Updates and Discussions

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
I wonder what is keeping euro stronger despite high levels of inflation. Eurozone nominal economy is expanding due to inflation despite being in a recession/stagflation.
Increased Income gap.
Higher prices of daily necessities.
Costly hosuing and transport.
All these are slow burns and does not reflect in economic statistics quickly.

Although I believe this economic depression shit is overblown.
Call me when there is mass protest all time high employment and people going hugngy.

They are so high up the ladder that a completely fall will take a long time.

If recession really is happening than we should try to replace their place in the world economy.

That is replacing Volkswagen with Tata and Mahindra.

Buying their Intellectual property and manpower.

Replacing Bayers with Sun Pharma.

Without these things making mockery of someone else's suffering bears no meaning.

Most likely China will be doing the above things.

Azaad

Country flag
Increased Income gap.
Higher prices of daily necessities.
Costly hosuing and transport.
All these are slow burns and does not reflect in economic statistics quickly.

Although I believe this economic depression shit is overblown.
Call me when there is mass protest all time high employment and people going hugngy.

They are so high up the ladder that a completely fall will take a long time.

If recession really is happening than we should try to replace their place in the world economy.

That is replacing Volkswagen with Tata and Mahindra.

Buying their Intellectual property and manpower.

Replacing Bayers with Sun Pharma.

Without these things making mockery of someone else's suffering bears no meaning.

Most likely China will be doing the above things.
Do you actually think the Germans would countenance a takeover of crown jewels of Germany like Bayer or even BASF or VW by the Chinese ?

Your post can be summed up by the classic phrase - the old is dying , the young hasn't yet been born

Reading in between the lines - for the young to be born the old must die & die it will one way or another - whether slowly or in a rush .

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Do you actually think the Germans would countenance a takeover of crown jewels of Germany like Bayer or even BASF or VW by the Chinese ?
Germany can only protect their crown jewels as long as they have surplus money to bail them out time and time again. For a country that has its policy dictated by US to a large extent and its own sense of self righteousness will pull them away from greener pastures.
They don't need to buy out Crown jewels but their is are layers below it which they can penetrate to pick meat from a dying carcass.
Such as poaching German Talent, buying out small startups which in turn are connected to Crown jewels.
Just check out how many suppliers Siemens actually has.
It will not happen immediately but will happen eventually.

China already controls production and manufacturing machinery industry across the world.
They are what Germany was 60 years ago.

sameer3694

I wonder what is keeping euro stronger despite high levels of inflation. Eurozone nominal economy is expanding due to inflation despite being in a recession/stagflation.
I think it is due to the general belief that it is the only credible alternative to the dollar. Probably a part of risk hedging. The other options: JPY is too volatile this year and Japan’s interest rates are too low. Pound is another option but UK economy and brexit has made it unreliable.

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
@Azaad simple question.
China ows large share of its economics success to textile revolution in the early 70s and 80s, Where do you think these machine came from?
That's right UK, Germany, France.
Both big and small firms gave Machinery to China.

Now answer me this where would you find textile Machinery in the present?

That's right China.

They just took over

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
Textile to a large extent still has significant participation from Japan, Swiss, Italy etc.
But china has made rapid stride in a very short time and they will further continue to proliferate.

This can be said that they control production tech and their current adversary are those in Europe and Japan.

Azaad

Country flag
Germany can only protect their crown jewels as long as they have surplus money to bail them out time and time again. For a country that has its policy dictated by US to a large extent and its own sense of self righteousness will pull them away from greener pastures.
They don't need to buy out Crown jewels but their is are layers below it which they can penetrate to pick meat from a dying carcass.
Such as poaching German Talent, buying out small startups which in turn are connected to Crown jewels.

China already controls production and manufacturing machinery industry across the world.
You're merely echoing what I put in that post of mine you've quoted.

However , I'm not as sanguine as you're about China continuing to dominate the production & mfg being the defacto factory of the world going ahead into the future.

It's simply impossible given the mutually antagonistic positions both the US , its East Asian allies & India + EU & China has on Taiwan.

Contrast this to the security cover the US extended to the future EU countries during the cold war & later including Germany which took advantage of the situation to focus like a monomaniac on building up it's economy.

How troublesome was this can be fathomed by the fact that Trump continously complained about lack of investment by the European component of NATO into essentially what was their own security threatening to walk out of NATO being especially critical of the Germans who on the one hand were under the NATO security umbrella contesting Russia & on the other hand were deepening their energy requirements with Russia.

This myopic view of the Germans of not investing into their own security has come back to haunt the Germans once Russia invaded Ukraine . They lacked the means to secure their own interests being so deeply dependent on NATO & by extension on the US for their own security & didn't have enough clout which is again a function of their utter dependence on NATO to deter Russia from its plans.

By contrast France is the only power today in the EU & Europe not too dependant or at all on NATO or its instruments to provide for its own security thus being in a position to pursue strategic autonomy. Germany being a major power in Europe should've pursued a similar policy as France particularly after the cold war ended & strengthened the EU as the French long desired given the presence of UK in EU & NATO then which essentially represented US interests. That Germany deliberately chose not to , is the reason why it's in the mess it is in today.

Make no mistake the US sees EU as a future strategic competitor & is loathe to lose its pre eminent position it enjoys in Europe. To cut my argument short look at the incentives the Biden administration is extending companies both American & Europeans to come mfg in the US something which's raised the hackles of the Europeans especially the French & Germans further damaging their economies .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

just one info, germany's GDP growth story is not 60 years old, it's about 40 years old or less, course correction starts mid 80's. around this time, they decided to move towards high value manufacturing.
partially mentioned that video i posted as well.

Screenshot 2023-11-09 at 10.51.59 AM.png

Freedom Thru Firepower

Country flag
In Germs-many, in addition to farmers' protests, a railroad strike began.
Screenshot_20240110-170801~2.png

To the lurkers, we express concern over the current situation in the Germs-many & stand with "peaceful protest" anywhere in Western Europe & North America against the electoral autocratic govt. there, hope govt. in Germs-many look into the rightful demands of workers & take appropriate action according to rule of law as enshrined in so called western democratic values.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles