GEO Imaging Satellite (GISAT)

Knowitall

It is unlikely that they wouldn't have tested it before assembling again. This is a necessary procedure especially when rocket was grounded for an year. May be something went wrong with CUS during test and finally malfunctioned during launch.
I thought the rocket had been assembled sometime back and was waiting for launch dates ever since.

Country flag
Provide a source or official document government putting hold on HSP. Government works on qualification, not sentiments. They have seen bigger failures in their times.

Where do you work anyway? Your confidence is like at you're an AM at some department in ISRO or DOS. If you aren't, you are just acting like an idiot.

Is it necessary to act like a PDF retard every time? Why do you even vomit nonsense on topics you don't know about? You have provided no objective argument and will accuse me of suppressing criticism useless whinning of no use if I delete your posts again. Any post without technical arguments is useless and this is the line what separates DFI from opinion making neighborhood forum.

Do you even realise that any of your talented white masters wouldn't have a role in launch failure if was made chief?

When you start insisting out of your inferiority complex mind that India studied people can't produce good things, why you just don't realise that Indians working in space sector overseas are too low in numbers? Since living in this country without any basic infrastructure, they built a major agency from scratch and could build space probes which found water on the moon.

This particular Indian American is a special case. So was UR Rao. Just as India in overall facing shortage in aerospace sector but ISRO individually is not. How many Indians would you get leaving NASA and visiting India? Can you provide any data instead of individual cases in news articles?
India is a lower-middle income country and its overall research infrastructure is underfunded while it has invested actually in sectors like space.

In 70s, Indians from institutions like IIT used to leave country after graduating. Then government started focusing on research and brain drain started dropping. Space tech is strategic in nature and is kept classified by countries which have. Most of Indians go for highly paid jobs and not passion. So they don't belong to this sector and don't have competency in it. Space technology only remains with handful of government and no, neither NRI students are exceptionally talented nor most of them have any knowledge of it.

China's case about getting tech is different since US was its sugar daddy rained tech on it during Laurel satellite scam and not Chinese brought everything from US themselves. They didn't have any less failures than India either in 90s.

These are same Indians which go to foreign or work in India. Their abilities are similar. Indians working in NASA don't have specifically high IQ over Indians working within India.

Mistakes can happen, engine didn't start probably because of manufacturing default (a QA issue) which doesn't have a role of a plant head or Indian/foreign engineer but factory supervisor.

These dreams of competing with US and EU in space are recent in India and are a result of rapid progress in last two decades by same people who have now become managers of ISRO, not woke overseas Indians.

As told before, engine has failed and it has a reason;

I am also waiting for another response. After all, you are a field expert, at least looks like from your confidence.

How CE-7.5 is simpler than CE-20?
You mean only a PhD in aeronautics should comment? What are your qualifications? Are you a PhD in aeronautics? Has anything you have said ever been recognized anywhere?
If anything you are the one acting like a peedeeeff mod. lol.
You dont need to be an ISRO insider to understand what is going wrong. We can easily compare with what other space agencies are doing -in terms of development time, launch calendar business, maturity of programs etc.
Sorry I find your arguments on US support for CASA pretty lame. Also, find your argument to brush the fact that UR Rao himself was an overseas Indian pretty hypocritical. There are several distinguished overseas Indians in aerospace engineering. It is not IQ but exposure to challenging projects and large industrial systems like NASA-JPL that are important. It is the experience with engineering and exposure to next level aerospace advances that is important.
I linked in an article quoting a distinguished scientist that clearly says that ISRO has gone insular in its hiring practices and that is a bad idea. Sorry any day I wouyld take the word of distinguished scientists in a field than an anonymous mod on an online forum. LOL.
I have supplied links and you are the one replying with no evidence whatsoever to support your conservative theories that frankly will have no takers in the real world.
No one is privy to the secrets of the DoS and we can only speculate based on how things turn out. If I were an ISRO insider I would be barred under OSA from divulging information. So STOP requiring people to be ISRO insiders to get comment privileges on ISRO related matters.

jik60

Country flag
Really a sad setback for ISRO. A big ticket failure after a long hiatus of no launches.

No amount of patriotic cover fire would turn things around and it definitely would weaken their cases for their future endeavors.

This government sees performance unlike the previous sisilian cartel.

But having said that continuous improvement is critical for any organizational project management. Hence ISRO has to come back stronger otherwise we will be slacking even behind the chienes pvt players.

Knowitall

Be Stoics , be happy.
This too shall pass and pray isro returns to it old self.
I kNow I am a idiot , but can't isro enlarge it's Pslv vehicle ?
That would require substantial modifications.

One must remember that in space launches even a weight difference in grams can lead to issues.

Will the engine be able to handle this will it result in payload change. Overall a very risky endeavor.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
That would require substantial modifications.

One must remember that in space launches even a weight difference in grams can lead to issues.

Will the engine be able to handle this will it result in payload change. Overall a very risky endeavor.
Like I said , I am a idiot so simply asked it .

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Country flag
You mean only a PhD in aeronautics should comment?
No. It doesn't take more than a few minutes to google and read about Procedure Qualification Records (POR) and industrial QA practices.

It also doesn't take very long to open and read history of respective space programs around the world.
What are your qualifications? Are you a PhD in aeronautics? Has anything you have said ever been recognized anywhere?
I am an engineer in pressure systems, steels and welding technology. I have worked on boilers, piping and headers (tubed piping manifolds which are useful on rocket launch pads too) for steel plants, chemical and nuke reactors, shells (for artillery ammunition), installation of power plants, metal forming and welding.

I have never worked in cryogenics specifically though and only have theoretical knowledge. I became an intern when was just 17 years old. I have once got chance to visit VSSC though. But only visited.
If anything you are the one acting like a peedeeeff mod.
They just don't act. And that's why personal opinions of uneducated Pakistani and Bangladeshi teens has turned them into memes in Indian circles.

They end up with, "We are going to conquer yindus" with no specific references.
You dont need to be an ISRO insider to understand what is going wrong.
But you need to have basic knowledge of rocketry.
We can easily compare with what other space agencies are doing -in terms of development time, launch calendar business, maturity of programs etc
Problem lies with you that you haven't. ISRO's overall time period of progress is good since they caught with starting in 90s but China, Japan and France started in 70s. They were ahead in 90s of what we are today and have only moved slowly. Asian Space Race started in 2000s only and India caught up quickly to reach in league of major ones.

US and USSR were exceptional because of cold war budgets and slowed down thereafter.

Also, rocket launch frequency and satellite manufacturing depends upon industrial capacity and budgets. Who makes progress how swift is reflected by increment in capacity and addition of capabilities.
Sorry any day I wouyld take the word of distinguished scientists in a field than an anonymous mod on an online forum. LOL.
How come you know that only this scientist is right guy there and others are not? Have you interviewed or at least got to read appraisal reports of any of ISRO employees? I am at least capable of studying dimensions, mechanical properties, tolerances and NDT of engine if I can be given drawings unlike you, you don't need to mock me. All humans are capable of working and have similar minds. Research is a hit and trial thing and not continous upgrades of an internet strategy game with certain results.

Your problem lies with approach and misinterpretation. Nobody says ISRO is no. 1 or doesn't need catch up but your poetic ideas of improvement aren't better than humanities student writing in likes of Dainik Bhaskar. It is quite easy for you ridicule all the hardwok of enginners and associates engaged in F10 launch and somehow advocate to replace them with foreign "talent" (as if you have done some kind of assessment with their quality control).

Since your point of view starts from, "Vro, Indian dogs don't hapoliticians vro. Western dogs keep it clean vro. Indians dog do s*x openly vro. They pee on tires of my car vro!" and you rely on news articles and OpEds for your confirmation bias, nobody can help you.

Your mind is in some different world with some different approach which makes you think ridiculing Indian scientific community just like an uneducated journalist thinks ridiculing any politician kinda makes you cool. Both don't know anything.

Snowcat

Country flag
ISRO needs a proper ass kicking or they will turn into another OFB.

Whole world is going ahead with their launches as normal and these chaps have Work From Home nonsense.
I don't get it either, it's a organisation of national importance, must follow different rules rather than the ones for normal people.

SKC

Country flag
I am smelling sabotage again. But I think it's time Dr. K Sivan resigned. From people I know who worked at ISRO, K Sivan is such an workaholic and a minute manager. He might be good for tech roles, but leadership is different.

Even if it's sabotage, it's ISRO responsibility to be secure it's network and supply chain. Americans might be behind it again. If the supply chain is an issue, then change them. GSLV Mk2 is supposed to be an operational vehicle. Or retire Mk2 and concentrate on mk3 alone.
Stop this American are behind this sh*t every time. Total responsibility on ISRO and K Sivan to be exact.
We are falling behind all other countries seriously. Not even been able to master a cryogenic engine even after 2-3 decade of research and development.
A total revamp of management is needed in ISRO.

Launch failed, unfortunately. And the sad thing is the cryogenic stage failed. Meaning we don't have mastery of the cryogenic stage at all. This was supposed to be a routine launch.
I dont think ISRO is capable of executing heavy launches and advanced programs if they cannot master cryogenic. I think this will delay the human space flight program even more. A very critical satellite needed for border surveillance of PLA activity also got destroyed. Dr. K. Sivan must take responsibility and resign. He was unable to lead ISRO and has put India in a very bad position.
ISRO better reform and bring in very good talent or get left behind. We are falling greatly behind China. Not good.
I saw the people in the control room trying to hide things. Look at NASA - they are open and transparent even if launches fail. Very unprofessional and defensive behavior. Not good for the country.
PM Modi and Jitendra Singh must bring changes to ISRO. Top Indian talent from NASA and other companies must be attracted to work/lead ISRO to take it to greater heights.
Tell this to the mod here. Utter Fanboy-ism of ISRO ignoring all the problems.
Standard answer to all the problems: "We are already working on it" period! no explanation no Transparency.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Stop this American are behind this sh*t every time. Total responsibility on ISRO and K Sivan to be exact.
We are falling behind all other countries seriously. Not even been able to master a cryogenic engine even after 2-3 decade of research and development.
A total revamp of management is needed in ISRO.

Tell this to the mod here. Utter Fanboy-ism of ISRO ignoring all the problems.
Standard answer to all the problems: "We are already working on it" period! no explanation no Transparency.
Dude even after mastering cryogenic technology failures can still happen our engines have flown multiple times with high success rate it proves that design is perfect with out any fault.

SKC

Country flag
Dude even after mastering cryogenic technology failures can still happen our engines have flown multiple times with high success rate it proves that design is perfect with out any fault.
Stop this man! enough of this.
Failures are for ISRO and success are for all other agencies around the world.

We fail again and again and standard response: "Space is hard! failures happens again and again"
Meanwhile other places small teams of only 100 people are doing launches successfully.

gslv markIII

Country flag
Stop this man! enough of this.
Failures are for ISRO and success are for all other agencies around the world.

We fail again and again and standard response: "Space is hard! failures happens again and again"
Meanwhile other places small teams of only 100 people are doing launches successfully.
Yes, it's not like Chinese had failures with CZ-5 despite having access to ex-soviet Ukranian semi cryogenic tech.

Can you tell me more about those ''small teams'' for GSLV equivalents with successful launches?

Comparable LVs are US' retired Delta II & Soyuz, both of which have much larger ''teams''.

Articles