GEO Imaging Satellite (GISAT)

mandestiny

Country flag
I always dream of a day when ISRO will send man to space stations and send landers on planets and do high le vel mission. Its almost 60years now.

Right now it seems ISRO not able to handle next level missions. Just think of NASA sending rover to Mars that really a high technology. Can ISRO handle such type of project.

But Ummed pe duniya kayam hai

ketaki

Country flag
I always dream of a day when ISRO will send man to space stations and send landers on planets and do high le vel mission. Its almost 60years now.

Right now it seems ISRO not able to handle next level missions. Just think of NASA sending rover to Mars that really a high technology. Can ISRO handle such type of project.

Isro will always be Scotland team in ICC world cup...one two matches win happy happy...meanwhile big guns like AUS=USA and WI=Russia and now ENG=CHN will reach semis and finals

so to save you from frustration, keep your expectations low from ISRO, DRDO, OFB etc etc

mandestiny

Country flag
Isro will always be Scotland team in ICC world cup...one two matches win happy happy...meanwhile big guns like AUS=USA and WI=Russia and now ENG=CHN will reach semis and finals

so to save you from frustration, keep your expectations low from ISRO, DRDO, OFB etc etc
This is the thinking that we need to overcome.

I think if good budget provide to ISRO then it can reach finals also.

Technology always high-lows, ISRO need to think high.

I think ISRO come after US/CHINA, even russia only doing routine work.

Haan but ISRO scotland bhi nahin hai. India won the world cup.

Vamsi

Country flag
Today's failure will adversely affect NISAR project...Nisar is already running late now this..Good thing is Sivan anyways going out in Jan 22..I have high hopes from Somnath sir to lead Isro next Don't know why mudi baba gave sivan extension...And hope isro leadership grows maturity to accept failure and not make clownish statements like Mission is 98% success after Chandrayaan 2 debacle
Not only NISAR but also Gaganyaan too. Mk-2 is supposed to launch IDRSS Data Relay Satellites.

Vamsi

Country flag
I think satellite insured.

One thing came true, this satellite creating problem for many countries.

Its sure that might be US and China dont want this sat.. up in sky.
GISAT is a 2 sat constellation . The 2nd satellite GISAT-2 is already under development. I hope next Mk-2 will be in next year only.

HawkisRight

Country flag

Yes man Isro is very capable and ambitious organisation It's just dat last couple of years were total mess under sivan..I was hoping Somanath sir take over from sivan in 2020 itself but mudi baba had different plans...But don't feel let down coming decade is gonna be very exciting and revolutionary for Indian space sector like sun venus orbitors, mars rover, human space program, reusable vehicles, growth of private players in space.. Remember In science their is No failure but Learnings

ketaki

Country flag
This is the thinking that we need to overcome.

I think if good budget provide to ISRO then it can reach finals also.

Technology always high-lows, ISRO need to think high.

I think ISRO come after US/CHINA, even russia only doing routine work.

Haan but ISRO scotland bhi nahin hai. India won the world cup.
we would all love that...BUT reality is, was and will be miles away from it...and the new Space Race is only to get more and more heated...ISRO's future looks between Scotland and Bangladesh (in cricketing terms) only

1628768762054.png

1628768792603.png

1628768823532.png

2021 till now
1628768874776.png

Indrajit

Country flag
He did his best with that he had. I'm sure he can do better.
The amount of crap that ISRO and its scientists have got today from this forum is crazy. I understand the disappointment but if the only way you guys can let loose your frustration is by abusing the folks at ISRO, maybe you should stay off the forum and drown your sorrows elsewhere. ISRO more than does its share with what resources they have, they have had more success than not in all these years. It's a terrible indictment of all of us if instead of being supportive at the time of setbacks, we pile on the abuses. The good folks at ISRO don't deserve that.

mandestiny

Country flag
The amount of crap that ISRO and its scientists have got today from this forum is crazy. I understand the disappointment but if the only way you guys can let loose your frustration is by abusing the folks at ISRO, maybe you should stay off the forum and drown your sorrows elsewhere. ISRO more than does its share with what resources they have, they have had more success than not in all these years. It's a terrible indictment of all of us if instead of being supportive at the time of setbacks, we pile on the abuses. The good folks at ISRO don't deserve that.
We always support. Issue is budget , does GOI will increase budget.

I really looking for Cy3 mission.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
It is getting to a point where Defending the indefensible is not going to work anymore. I am pretty sure the government is looking at big changes for ISRO. They would definitely know that ISRO is losing launch customers as well as precious time. Questions like can we rely on ISRO to launch a military sat on demand during war time is going to come into play. Hope ISRO comes back real strong from this dire situation, and really puts the confidence back.Bjt I have not heard one word from ISRO about how they will do that and accelerate the launch calendar. Everything is quiet and very hazy. This is where ISRO must increase its communications with the people of India. After all they are using taxpayer money to do all these launches and R&D.

SKC

Country flag

Standard Answer:
"ISRO IS ALREADY WORKING ON IT!"

SKC

Country flag
We are not abusing ISRO but we are disappointed by the failures in recent times.
The future is also looking bleak!

We will not keep on supporting ISRO blindly. They need to perform regularly to get the praise. Don't expect to sing praise for ISRO always.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag
On the plus side.. the 6 major engines beneath the cryogenic stage, worked flawlessly. And the new 4m ogive heat shield did open up. But major disappointment with the cryo stage, considering this was a proven system, and the satellite was very important. Yes, Sivan must do the graceful thing, and resign.
Sivan saaar will cry like a baby on Modijis shoulders...

HawkisRight

Country flag
@Vamsi
So there is chatter going around about today's crash dat CUS turbopump failed just like first launch fail in 2010... Here's report from 2010

The above failure is attributed to the anomalous stopping of Fuel Booster Turbo Pump (FBTP). The start-up of FBTP was normal. It reached a maximum speed of 34,800 rpm and continued to function as predicted after the start of CUS. However, the speed of FBTP started dipping after 0.9 seconds and it stopped within the next 0.6 seconds.

Last edited:

INDIAFIRST

Country flag
The more I see chota bheem like expression on Mr Sivan with miniature toy rocket in one hand the more I feel for ISRO
It's time Mr Sivan should be more professional and not emotional when tax payers money is involved :confused1:

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
The government has actually cut pay to 90% of ISRO scientists and engineers, in reality. Looks like the government knows the usual PSU corruption is going on in ISRO as well.

look at the pay scale. you are going to get monkeys for this pittance when private startups are zooming ahead.

Note in the tweet 289 ISRO scientists have left in the last 5 years obviously due to morale loss. I just laugh at a MOD here who thinks all is well at ISRO. Lol.

RoaringTigerHiddenDragon

Country flag
More of ISRO’s talent issues from Dr. Sivan himself :
“Sivan accepted that the manpower with ISRO was just a miniscule of talent India produces.Thousands of engineers pass out each year and many migrate to other countries due to limited opportunities within the country, he said.”

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles