Gaming Hardware - PC/Console/Accessories Configuration

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Get yourselves a corsair cx750 it is going to keep your rig safe, because it is 80 plus bronze certified.
there's no guarantee these days that a 'bronze' certification will be failsafe. the less than 6-months old cx500 in my HTPC began acting up some days back & finally coughed out its prana one fine day. discarded it in the corsair serv centre.
the 'legendary' 520/620 series of seasonic is also being reported to be meeting the same fate these days in surprising numbers.

Illusive

Country flag
Guys suggest a good pc config under 1 lakh. Purpose working on Adobe after effects and gaming.

DingDong

Country flag
I am low on money
Have no option other than to use a gtx 970(bought it from a friend for 15k-ps->used one it is)
Core i7 has a lot of potential which will go unused
Can I get a asus/gigabyte z170 mobo for 10-12k
And why a Samsung ssd(I have a Kingston)??
And is it a good idea to buy a sshd??
And gtx 970 is better than gtx 1060
i5 6600K+Cooler will cost you almost the same as i7 6700. If you choose i7 6700 then you can go for a H170 motherboard and save some money there without compromising on performance.

On Amazon India component pricing are bit arbitrary, but I think that Asus Z170-K motherboard is available at around 12k. Asus Z170 Pro gaming at around 15K on Amazon India which I believe is bit on the higher side. Asus H170 Pro Gaming Mobo is available at around 12K.

Samsung 850 EVO is more reliable compared to anything Kingston can offer, but you can still stick with Kingston. I personally prefer a HDD+SSD combination over SSHD.

Thanks
I have one 8 gig stick will buy one more 2133mhz.
Please make sure that all the sticks are exactly the same (brand + model no). DDR4 are extremely unforgiving.

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
Guys suggest a good pc config under 1 lakh. Purpose working on Adobe after effects and gaming.
core i5 6400
gtx 1070/2*rx 480
2*8gb sticks of ddr4
h110m/b150 mobo(i would go for b150)
550 watt psu(corsair i prefer)
hdd+ssd combo
cooler master case
i guess i have covered everything under 100k
GOOD LUCK

republic_roi97

Country flag
there's no guarantee these days that a 'bronze' certification will be failsafe. the less than 6-months old cx500 in my HTPC began acting up some days back & finally coughed out its prana one fine day. discarded it in the corsair serv centre.
the 'legendary' 520/620 series of seasonic is also being reported to be meeting the same fate these days in surprising numbers.
Well 80+ certification will give you an extra sense of satisfaction and added performance, however, I would always suggest an APC or equivalent good UPS to protect your rig from Power Outage, surge, fluctuating voltage etc (in india everything is possible). I have an RM1000 which happens to be 80+ Gold Certified and modular, so far so good.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
Well 80+ certification will give you an extra sense of satisfaction and added performance, however, I would always suggest an APC or equivalent good UPS to protect your rig from Power Outage, surge, fluctuating voltage etc (in india everything is possible). I have an RM1000 which happens to be 80+ Gold Certified and modular, so far so good.
didnt have the UPS in loop as its battery is exhausted now (its APC 1.1 kVA). still, never witness any incidence with a semblance to power-fluctuation. the HTPC did suffer from a couple of power-outages in the past, but it hadnt resulted in anything detrimental. but i suspect it was a gush of current that took out my PSU that unfortunate moment when i powered it ON, and with no UPS in loop to 'condition' it, it went bust.

a surge that can potentially take out your electronics is theoretically said to occur once in five years. i was a witness to that some weeks back when my main PC, that time off, but power switch on, & the microtek UPS & belkin gold surge protector being in loop, took the toll. fuse of the speaker-system went out (thankfully), but the surge not only took out the fuse of the UPS but also killed it.

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
@aditya10r, check a few reviews of zotac 'premium' SSDs too. i got a 240GB one more than a month back, & following me a couple of more people got it. they also give a good feedback about it.
Tapatalked!

aditya10r

Mera Bharat mahan
Country flag
@aditya10r, check a few reviews of zotac 'premium' SSDs too. i got a 240GB one more than a month back, & following me a couple of more people got it. they also give a good feedback about it.
Tapatalked!
i can only buy it in december 2016.
quite low on money(just bought a car,maintenance work in apartment society and some other payments to make)

republic_roi97

Country flag
didnt have the UPS in loop as its battery is exhausted now (its APC 1.1 kVA). still, never witness any incidence with a semblance to power-fluctuation. the HTPC did suffer from a couple of power-outages in the past, but it hadnt resulted in anything detrimental. but i suspect it was a gush of current that took out my PSU that unfortunate moment when i powered it ON, and with no UPS in loop to 'condition' it, it went bust.

a surge that can potentially take out your electronics is theoretically said to occur once in five years. i was a witness to that some weeks back when my main PC, that time off, but power switch on, & the microtek UPS & belkin gold surge protector being in loop, took the toll. fuse of the speaker-system went out (thankfully), but the surge not only took out the fuse of the UPS but also killed it.
Well, I live in UP, nowadays electricity is stable and constant nearly at all times, but 2 years back things were not so good and I happen to have a 100k machine. With a UPS however I have never ever experienced a power unit failure or hardware failure, my older PC went offline because of the bad electrical fluctuations while it was connected directly to house's AC mains, so I would suggest a person in India to always have a UPS or stabilization system connected to your PCs power input.

DingDong

Country flag
I am planning to build a development workstation for myself but a part of me is telling me to wait for the release of the desktop kaby lake CPUs and the supporting motherboards.

Here is my reference build:
CPU: i7 6700
MOTHERBOARD: H170 or C236 chipset (Asus/Gigabyte) full ATX
RAM: 16 GB (2*8GB) dual channel Kingston 2133 mhz DDR4 RAM
PSU: 450 watt Corsair, this is overkill but I could not find any decent option below 450 watts
HDD: Western Digital 1 TB
Discrete GPU: none, integrated GPU is more than sufficient for light gaming
Monitor: 22 inch Full HD monitor, Dell
Mouse and Keyboard: Logitec PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard
Cabinet: Cooler Master Force 500

republic_roi97

Country flag
I am planning to build a development workstation for myself but a part of me is telling me to wait for the release of the desktop kaby lake CPUs and the supporting motherboards.

Here is my reference build:
CPU: i7 6700
MOTHERBOARD: H170 or C236 chipset (Asus/Gigabyte) full ATX
RAM: 16 GB (2*8GB) dual channel Kingston 2133 mhz DDR4 RAM
PSU: 450 watt Corsair, this is overkill but I could not find any decent option below 450 watts
HDD: Western Digital 1 TB
Discrete GPU: none, integrated GPU is more than sufficient for light gaming
Monitor: 22 inch Full HD monitor, Dell
Mouse and Keyboard: Logitec PS/2 Mouse and Keyboard
Cabinet: Cooler Master Force 500
Hello mate,
This built seems to be good enough for a workstation, however, please mention what kind of work would this built be doing most of the time ?
Also why not to go for a 6700k ?

OneGrimPilgrim

Country flag
if possible avoid the VS series of corsair PSUs. CX should be good, although wasnt for me (but factoring in defunct UPS too).

Tapatalked!

DingDong

Country flag
Hello mate,
This built seems to be good enough for a workstation, however, please mention what kind of work would this built be doing most of the time ?
Also why not to go for a 6700k ?
1. Running at least one Virtual Machine continuously while I keep working on other stuff
2. Running multiple IDEs like Netbeans and Eclipse smoothly
3. Running Multi-threaded programs for testing and debugging
4. Running Machine Learning tasks
5. Light Gaming, primarily Shooter and RTS games, don't need to be the most recent ones

My current machine is a Linux machine which has hit end of it's life. Plus, there very few games available for Linux. I am planning to make the new machine a dual boot one hosting both Windows and Linux so as to play AAA games on Windows.

I did not go for i7 6700K primarily because I see very little price vs performance edge over the locked version, plus I save a bit in terms of investment (at least 6000 INR), power consumption (around 20 watts) and thermal dissipation. I am planning to throw in a GTX 1060 into the mix next year.

republic_roi97

Country flag
1. Running at least one Virtual Machine continuously while I keep working on other stuff
2. Running multiple IDEs like Netbeans and Eclipse smoothly
3. Running Multi-threaded programs for testing and debugging
4. Running Machine Learning tasks
5. Light Gaming, primarily Shooter and RTS games, don't need to be the most recent ones

My current machine is a Linux machine which has hit end of it's life. Plus, there very few games available for Linux. I am planning to make the new machine a dual boot one hosting both Windows and Linux so as to play AAA games on Windows.

I did not go for i7 6700K primarily because I see very little price vs performance edge over the locked version, plus I save a bit in terms of investment (at least 6000 INR), power consumption (around 20 watts) and thermal dissipation. I am planning to throw in a GTX 1060 into the mix next year.
Ok, this built seems to be more than just good for all your works. I would say go for atleast 2400Mhz DDR4 you'd need the speed. Get a Corsair CX500 80+ Bronze and a good airy Cabinet to keep your Hardware cool.

I wouldn't count on upcoming next gen hardware because there hasn't been sufficient technological breakthroughs in the last 3 gens as compared to first 3 gen, so you'd be more than likely good with this hardware.

Although I would suggest strongly not to go for GTX1060 rather go for RX480 because AMD better supports Vulcan framework and runs far better on DX12 games which are now gonna be standard.

You're gonna be doing some pretty important stuff, I would suggest for you to get some extra budget (if possible) and buy yourself a SSD, perhaps a Kingston one or Samsung one to store both of your OS because that is goona make things revolutionarily smoother.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles