Future Infantry Combat Vehicle (FICV)

Damian

Incredible level of protection?

BMPT-64 have 350mm + 40mm frontal armor with Knife ERA, this givs level of protection enough to protect against 105mm APFSDS ammunition, very possible with Knife ERA. Side protection is 82mm + 20mm with Knife ERA. Remember that BMPT-64 and BMPV-64 are protected by not only steel armor but also ERA, in case of BMPT-64 very advanced ERA, so I do not see a problem with having such protection level with small weight.

Also I do not see why there should not be enough space for 12 dismounts... other thing is how comfortable is there with 12 dismounts + 3 man crew?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
IMHO firing ports can be well replaced by small RWS with stabilization and much better overall + and - elevation angle for it's weapon.
It just the cost, RCWS needed to be bit cheaper in that scene, Though its not a must have thing..

One can use a RCWS in rear..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Thank you!

It was great to read it without any problems!

I am sure we all we appreciate your effort.

SPIEZ

Country flag
Anyways a request please post in English. Google translate sometimes screws up too.

Anshu Attri

Country flag
Talk of $2-bn defence deal lifts M&M stock

Talk of $2-bn defence deal lifts M&M stock - The Economic Times

The market is abuzz with speculation that the defence ministry has shortlisted Mahindra & Mahindra (M&M) for the much-awaited contract for providing the futuristic infantry combat vehicle (FICV) to the Indian army.

Talk is that M&M may secure one-fifth of the total deal worth $10 billion. The company could not be reached for comment. M&M shares rose 1% to 686.85 on Tuesday.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Along with privatization...corruption will be growing too...they try to pass off their shoddy stuff by bribing the quality inspectors of MOD...
Atleast the people sharing the money belong to INDIA and neverthless the money can be brought back from the swiss accounts. I mean a try can be made to get back the money and also if found guilty can be tried for corruption inside INDIA and by INDIAN LAW, in the case of private vendors. If for foreign vendors who come through the PSU's we cannot try them in INDIA and under INDIAN LAW.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Which private company has the expertise to make ICV?

Or will it be like the TATRA deal?

The company will be a front for a foreign company, who will milk the nation?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Mahindra has a JV with BAE and the company is known as Mahindra land Forces system. Last DefExpo they had bought in howitzers on display and also all kinds of vehicles including armor protected ones.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The policy is very good. We have requirements. It's worth billions. You have technology and we have money. You will not sell directly to us but if JV comes about, we have no problem. So we have all the high tech defence contractors waiting to tie up with rich Indian corporations to get into defence contracts. Over a period of time it will help us build good MIC.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Ashok Leyland has also entered inot partnerships with established giants like Rheinmetall, KMW, Paramount and Panhard, so we should be getting good designs from them as well

Ashok Leyland And Ashok Leyland Defense Systems Showcase Stallion And COLT Range At Defexpo 2012 In India | CarBlogIndia - All About Automobiles

Leyland super stallion
Also i can forsee a 8X8 ICV based upon the super stallion as a base , even the cold war era OT-62 SKOT was built using the Tatra 8x8 as a base.

Similarly the TATA 8X8 can also be used for a similar APC/IFV. anyhoo TATA seems to have quite a few good products ready as below

Grad launcher mounted on TATA LPTA 1623 6X6

anti aircraft Skyshield gun on TATA LPTA 3138 8X8

Tank transporter based on TATA LPS 4928

okie finally for a video showing for probably the first time the grad being fired from the back of a desi ehicle check this link out it's awesome

http://www.defencesolutions-tatamotors.com/media/video.aspx

Last edited:

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Also found this apparently The TATA 6X6 has already been qualified as a platform for the SPYDER SAM system.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Possible FICV's and companies - this is purely based on my personal observations at DEFEXPO and no official confirmation on any of these can be garnered yet.

Mahindra-Bae or DLSI= i assume that mahindra would bring into this contract the best that Bae has to offer in both the tracked and wheeled ICV range, this to the very best of my knowledge currently would be the BAE Northrop Grumman GCV concept.

However this system is quite heavy at a projected 63.5 tonnes. anyhow you guys can find the pdf below.
View attachment baes_034318.pdf

The wheeled vehicle that DLSI would put forward in my opinion would be the RG41

View attachment baes_027584.pdf

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Pipavav a surprise player in armored vehicles might bring in the OTO MELARA CENTAURO FRECCIA and an upgraded version of the DARDO as a dark horse in the tracked IFV concept.

OTO MELARA CENTAURO FRECCIA

View attachment CENTAURO.pdf
[video=youtube_share;GJ9CAgsLQGk]http://youtu.be/GJ9CAgsLQGk[/video]

OTO MELARA DARDO

[video=youtube_share;nLomC9Gdifk]http://youtu.be/nLomC9Gdifk[/video]

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Ashok Leyland might bring in products from KMW and Panhard both as they have tieups with both

In this case we might see the Schutzenpanzer PUMA come to Inda from the KMW stable, she is one of the most modern and capable IFV's in the world today
[video=youtube_share;tPH_0u88gP8]http://youtu.be/tPH_0u88gP8[/video]

http://www.armyrecognition.com/germ...cifications_information_description_uk.htm l

For the Wheeled IFV We might see the KMW Boxer take the lead

[video=youtube_share;SenYSMG3fLs]http://youtu.be/SenYSMG3fLs[/video]

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles