Failed Terrorist State of Pakistan: Idiotic Musings

Cheepek

Wild wild west

It's not 7.1% but 8.8%

Crazywithmath

Country flag
It is true.

@FalconSlayers

Source on Muslim TFR falling faster than Hindus ?
Census, 2011. There are, of course, more recent surveys based on NFHS etc that claim an even bigger fall in M TFR but since I am generally skeptical over NFHS; I will not be going into the details. In fact, at this rate, Ms are projected to plateau at ~16-17% of the population in a few decades and if the claims made by the past 2 NFHS surveys are accurate even that might be an overestimation.

The upcoming census will make things clearer.

Last edited:

Kal Muah

Country flag
It is true.

@FalconSlayers

Census, 2011. There are, of course, more recent surveys based on NFHS etc that claim an even bigger fall in M TFR but since I am generally skeptical over NFHS; I will not be going into the details. In fact, at this rate, Ms are projected to plateau at ~16-17% of the population in a few decades and if the claims made by the past 2 NFHS surveys are accurate even that might be an overestimation.

Can you write about it now? Its an interesting read ngl

Crazywithmath

Country flag
Can you write about it now? Its an interesting read ngl
When the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)-led government’s health ministry released the findings of the National Family Health Survey (NFHS 5) this month, it raised several eyebrows. The data showed that the Muslim fertility rate has registered the sharpest decline over the past 20 years as compared to that of other religious groups, including Hindus.

The fertility rate among Muslims has dropped to 2.3 in 2019-20 from a high of 4.4 in 1992-93. Fertility rate is the average number of children born to a woman in her lifetime.
Earlier estimates (based on old data) projected M population at 18% for 2050 - which, given the sharper than expected fall in their TFR, is unlikely to hold.

Is projecting a low Indian Muslim TFR a conspiracy?

Low TFR = less population in percentage = Minority status forever.
Don't think so - given their bottom-up approaches, govt conducted surveys are generally 'fair'.

But I have issues with the methodologies incorporated by the NFHS (outdated urban vs rural categorization, rural bias etc).

Here, a sitting EAC member is publicly calling them out;

It is a pity that a country that boasts of the Indian Statistical Institute (a world class institution that continues to produce some of the most accomplished statisticians and data scientists in the world and counts the likes of CR Rao and Srinivasa Vardhan among its alumni) struggles to carry out basic sample survey exercises.

Last edited:

Jimih

Country flag
But since I am generally skeptical over NFHS.

In fact, at this rate, Ms are projected to plateau at ~16-17% of the population in a few decades and if the claims made by the past 2 NFHS surveys are accurate even that might be an overestimation.

Is projecting a low Indian Muslim TFR a conspiracy?

Low TFR = less population in percentage = Minority status forever.

Azaad

Country flag
Are you saying that the census of Paxtan conducted in Paxtan where 3/4th of the population in both wings were muslims & from where Hindus & Sikhs in one wing & Hindus & Buddhists / Animists in another wing fled & came to India yet killed more Muslims in those lands . Does this even make sense ?

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Are you saying that the census of Paxtan conducted in Paxtan where 3/4th of the population in both wings were muslims & from where Hindus & Sikhs in one wing & Hindus & Buddhists / Animists in another wing fled & came to India yet killed more Muslims in those lands . Does this even make sense ?
Why not? Don't forget major population centres of modern day pakistan were Hindu/Sikh dominant before partition. Even if sindh was muzzie majority, Karachi was Hindu majority. Most property in Lahore was owned by Sikhs and Hindus.

Global Defence

Articles