F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F-35A "AF-78" (13-5072) from the 388FW, Hill AFB, Utah performing a low show aerial demonstration practice for the 2017 Paris Airshow at NAS Fort Worth

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
The real fear remain modern SAM systems. How really are they effective against modern fighters in a real war ambiance.
Couple of years ago I had a interesting talk with an officer of air-defense regiment. He enlightened me its a cat and mouse game between fighters vs ground based SAM.
You rightly pointed out that biggest danger to a fighter is from ground based SAM.
What I was told interception of fighter is a highly complex endeavor which can't be compared as abc vs xyz.
I was told its a game of intelligence and luck. You need to know where a fighter will be, at what time and what direction it would be flying. After this you one ties to predict the fight path and anticipate best location and path for SAM to intercept aircraft.
Finally when you fire you home to destroy the boggy.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
The 21th century parachute is.... No Parachute !

Only low mastered FBW recent planes use parachute now....

Like this?

Parachute is still important when landing short runways. But on regular runways that is not needed. Hence, the F-35's parachute system is detachable, it will only be installed on plane when the plane will have to operate on short runways.

Rafale also has a brake parachute.

Last edited:

StealthFlanker

Country flag
The 21th century parachute is.... No Parachute !

Only low mastered FBW recent planes use parachute now....
Nonsense, the parachute simply a matter of safety requirements from the country, it is necessary if they have short icy runway. PAK-FA is newly developed but also have parachute because Russian territory is full of icy runway

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Nonsense, the parachute simply a matter of safety requirements from the country, it is necessary if they have short icy runway. PAK-FA is newly developed but also have parachute because Russian territory is full of icy runway
Maybe because you don't mastered FBW enough.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
BTW, there's nothing 60's about the new drag chutes being used by NATO air forces, including the French. They are already made from Kevlar.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles