F-35 Joint Strike Fighter

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lockheed nears $37 billion-plus deal to sell F-35 jet to 11 countries

The sale represents a major shift in sales practices from annual purchases to more economic multi-year deals that lower the cost of each jet.
The pricing of the jets was still not final, although the average price of the 440 jets was expected to be $85 million, the people said on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the negotiations publicly.
The multi-year deal for the fighters will consist of three tranches over fiscal years 2018-2020.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-airshow-paris-f-idUSKBN1990S8

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
F-35 demo practice for Paris Air Show:

This F-35 is still limited to 7Gs under its current 3i software configuration. But when it gets its 3f software it will be able to pull 9Gs.

Last edited:

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
I didn't expect this from you sir :tsk:

Did you go through the entire list before posting it?
114 : brake parachute.... Never seen before. Sorry ! I apologize.

But never see deployed, this famous parachute.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
F-35 demo practice for Paris Air Show:

This F-35 is still limited to 7Gs under its current 3i software configuration. But when it gets its 3f software it will be able to pull 9Gs.
explain me why ?
The bird is flying since 2006 (not the prototype, no, the preserial one). 11 years are not enough to clear all the flying envelopp? It's the first thing to be closed.
I'm afraid the bird is limited to 7G for all its life.

Just imagine how funny will be the chinese or russian pilots aboard Mig35, SU30/35, J31 when they meet the Fat35 .... flying around it without problem :pound:

Don't forget a war plane is used 99,9% in peace time, to show your muscles. Few muscles in Fat35.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
explain me why ?
The bird is flying since 2006 (not the prototype, no, the preserial one). 11 years are not enough to clear all the flying envelopp? It's the first thing to be closed.
I'm afraid the bird is limited to 7G for all its life.

Just imagine how funny will be the chinese or russian pilots aboard Mig35, SU30/35, J31 when they meet the Fat35 .... flying around it without problem :pound:

Don't forget a war plane is used 99,9% in peace time, to show your muscles. Few muscles in Fat35.

You sound bitter, like some Russian trolls I see all the time posting crazy claims on anything F-35.

Whatever you like to believe the F-35 is clearly slowly coming to its full potential as invisioned by its planners, including the price. At its current fly away price it is already cheaper than the Rafale and it has definitely a lot more capabilities than it, even judging from the air demo alone (despite the F-35 being tied down to 7G at the moment).

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
@ Bon Plan

Anyway, going back to F-35 demo in Paris, even you a Rafale fanatic will agree that the F-35 has a lot of control authority at low speeds. Notice how the F-35 did a pedal turn much like F-22 and the Russian thrust vectored jets. And F-35 does not have TVC.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
USAF F35A's from The Rude Rams squadron fly low level through the mach loop in Wales for the first time.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
@ Bon Plan

Anyway, going back to F-35 demo in Paris, even you a Rafale fanatic will agree that the F-35 has a lot of control authority at low speeds. Notice how the F-35 did a pedal turn much like F-22 and the Russian thrust vectored jets. And F-35 does not have TVC.
There is nothing nervous in this demo. The plane is anemic.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
You sound bitter, like some Russian trolls I see all the time posting crazy claims on anything F-35.

Whatever you like to believe the F-35 is clearly slowly coming to its full potential as invisioned by its planners, including the price. At its current fly away price it is already cheaper than the Rafale and it has definitely a lot more capabilities than it, even judging from the air demo alone (despite the F-35 being tied down to 7G at the moment).
When it was lauched, the promises were :
affordable like a F16 => Has to be proven (we even don't know if it includes engine)
Agile like a F16 => No way. It's clearly not the case.
Stealthy as a F22 => To be seen. Probably true.
Supercruising => No way. Maybe with another engine
with Data fusion => Not totally ready now.

Add problemes with EOTS, not able to fire a moving target and less efficient than old Sniper pod, Pb with cooling (has to open internal bay te refresh), Pb with engine (fire), Pb with wings tips of "C" variant.....

Troll you say? OK. Those are only facts, simply facts.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
affordable like a F16 => Has to be proven (we even don't know if it includes engine)
with Data fusion => Not totally ready now.

Add problemes with EOTS, not able to fire a moving target and less efficient than old Sniper pod, Pb with cooling (has to open internal bay te refresh), Pb with engine (fire), Pb with wings tips of "C" variant.....

As I said earlier, don't worry about F-35, it's coming out just fine, like the 3F software that is already being tested (http://www.janes.com/article/69744/f-35-drops-pgm-on-a-moving-target-using-block-3f-software)

If I were you I would worry about that 70's era Rafale. After watching the demos of both F-35 and Rafale from the Paris Air Show I realized all of a sudden how old Rafale has become... (very old)

Last edited:

StealthFlanker

Country flag
The lastest LRIP prices does include the engine
F-16 has better STR but F-35 has much better ITR, subsonic acceleration and nose authority at high alpha.

Much stealthier than Rafale in any case

Mach 1.2 in dry thrust.

Add problemes with EOTS, not able to fire a moving target and less efficient than old Sniper pod
Early block of F-35 lack lead laser capability, however modern laser weapons have built in lead laser capability and the lead laser was added at block 3F anyway,

Instead of relying on weapons like the GBU-49 with a built-in ability to prosecute moving targets, many combat aircraft employ electro-optical targeting systems, or EOTS, with “lead-laser guidance” — which calculates how far a weapon should travel beyond the target’s current location in order to hit it. However, the F-35 EOTS was designed when that tech was still in its its infancy, so while the system can find a moving target, lock onto it and track it, an F-35 pilot still has to predict where a target will move and aim there, Pleus said.

The GBU-49, however, has lead-laser capability built into its front end, so it doesn’t need to rely on the EOTS system for that data, Pleus said. “All it requires is a laser spot on the moving target and the bomb itself will produce the lead necessary to hit the moving target.”
http://www.defensenews.com/articles...rce-is-fixing-the-f-35s-moving-target-problem

EOTS isn't less efficient than old Sniper-XR pod either. Old EOTS has less resolution than the most recent Advanced Sniper-XR but Advanced EOTS with added SWIR sensor is already available for block 4
http://www.lockheedmartin.co.uk/us/products/F-35LightningIIEOTS.html

On the otherhand, Rafale doesn't even have IRST at the moment ( IR sensor removed from OFS) and has to rely on IR sensors of Mica missiles which has even less resolution than DAS.
https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/radar-and-optronics-will-define-future-rafale-214754/

, Pb with cooling (has to open internal bay te refresh),
That was the problem with Block 2B ages ago.

More than half of those are poorly researched information

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Early block of F-35 lack lead laser capability, however modern laser weapons have built in lead laser capability and the lead laser was added at block 3F anyway,
I do not think the F-35 has any concern about its laser targeting system. The systems installed on F-35 are way more advanced than current systems installed on Teen series fighters. The problem was more on the software side (which is still in development).

But the introduction of 3f combat software will change that. Recently, an F-35 loaded with 3f software has successfully hit with practice paveway 2 a moving target.

What F-35 3f software does is do all the calculations for the pilot with its LEAD POINT COMPUTE feature. The pilot simply picks a target and F-35s targetting system does all the rest.

http://www.janes.com/article/69744/f-35-drops-pgm-on-a-moving-target-using-block-3f-software

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
As I said earlier, don't worry about F-35, it's coming out just fine, like the 3F software that is already being tested (http://www.janes.com/article/69744/f-35-drops-pgm-on-a-moving-target-using-block-3f-software)

If I were you I would worry about that 70's era Rafale. After watching the demos of both F-35 and Rafale from the Paris Air Show I realized all of a sudden how old Rafale has become... (very old)
Hi Hi HI... change your glasses ! You have made a mistake between F35 and Su35 .....

F35 is very limited. it's not because it makes a lot of noise that it is hightly agile. It is not.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles