DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Blademaster

Another paid hit job tryna create narrative that we need Ruzzian junk
f-35 is junk as well. Don’t be spreading around American propaganda either.

Azaad

Country flag

Another paid hit job tryna create narrative that we need Ruzzian junk
We need a 5th Gen FA since we're not sure how the Rafales would fare against the J-20. F-35s are not on the menu not only for the strings attached but also due to the fact that it's still WiP.

Our armed forces have burnt their fingers many a times with this approach - the latest being the MKIs & the MiG-29K.

One can make the argument about the Su-57 not being capable of going up against the J-20s too, but it's a generation ahead of the Rafale .

The IAF must extensively evaluate it before any decision is taken.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
We need a 5th Gen FA since we're not sure how the Rafales would fare against the J-20. F-35s are not on the menu not only for the strings attached but also due to the fact that it's still WiP.

Our armed forces have burnt their fingers many a times with this approach - the latest being the MKIs & the MiG-29K.

One can make the argument about the Su-57 not being capable of going up against the J-20s too, but it's a generation ahead of the Rafale .

The IAF must extensively evaluate it before any decision is taken.
Can definitely evaluate but are we sure the ruskies can actually deliver anything in this war? S400 got delayed, can they deliver an actual aircraft on time if given orders? Before 2030? I highly doubt that

Azaad

Country flag
Can definitely evaluate but are we sure the ruskies can actually deliver anything in this war? S400 got delayed, can they deliver an actual aircraft on time if given orders? Before 2030? I highly doubt that
In any case the Su-57M with the Izdeliye 30 TFs are undergoing testing likely to be certified by next year end or so reports go . The evaluation can begin now . There's no time to waste.

If everything is fine , commence negotiations , sign a contract for 2-3 squadrons insisting on immediate delivery as in get the entire complement by 2030 including commencement of training of the pilots & technical teams & go in for the exact same specifications the VKS is going in with meaning no monkey models but also no India specific enhancements to save on time .

I don't see the war going into 2026. Russia can't win & Ukraine isn't losing. It's a stalemate & has been so for more than a year .

Arjun Mk1A

Country flag
In any case the Su-57M with the Izdeliye 30 TFs are undergoing testing likely to be certified by next year end or so reports go . The evaluation can begin now . There's no time to waste.

If everything is fine , commence negotiations , sign a contract for 2-3 squadrons insisting on immediate delivery as in get the entire complement by 2030 including commencement of training of the pilots & technical teams & go in for the exact same specifications the VKS is going in with meaning no monkey models but also no India specific enhancements to save on time .

I don't see the war going into 2026. Russia can't win & Ukraine isn't losing. It's a stalemate & has been so for more than a year .

It is not a proper 5th Gen fighter at any means. Lacks EOTS and various embedded sensors. Heck even our Tejas MK2 may have better sensor fusion than Su-57.

Top of that even at its Development phase Russian denied access to us for our modification. Just another voluntary goat going to butcher shop.

Azaad

Country flag
Hence the technical evaluation. Besides I wouldn't believe most of what I read in western sources about Russian arms armaments & platforms if I were you.

They've had a single point agenda of denigrating anything Russian since the days of the Cold War. They've now transferred those affections to China apart from Russia . Soon India'd be in their crosshair.

There's a reason India didn't completely divorce itself from the Sukhoi T-50 program . Why is this important ? Apart from the Russians there's no other country in the world which knows this project as intimately as we do in spite of all the restrictions they placed on information . For all you know we may be ALREADY evaluating this FA.

It is not a proper 5th Gen fighter at any means. Lacks EOTS and various embedded sensors. Heck even our Tejas MK2 may have better sensor fusion than Su-57.

Top of that even at its Development phase Russian denied access to us for our modification. Just another voluntary goat going to butcher shop.

skunk works

Country flag
Have the Russians exported even a single aircraft to any country since the war started?

stat231

Country flag

How does it compare to the Rafale tho? I am really sceptical our Rafales being a match for the J20 (would love to be corrected)

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
How does it compare to the Rafale tho? I am really sceptical our Rafales being a match for the J20 (would love to be corrected)
I say both the aircrafts are impractical for us one being too expensive to even operate that militaries around the world are thinking of grounding the jet and one being untested and having no clue if Ruskies still have it in them to deliver so we need to think of something else counter J20s with better air protection and Stealth flying wing drones cause we don't have a choice AMCA isn't coming anytime soon but if we work on CATS and Ghatak full speed ahead it can come on time

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Have the Russians exported even a single aircraft to any country since the war started?
i think they did deliver some of those Yak-130 trainers to Iran, and at same time made contracts to deliver some Mi-28M and Su-35
this might've happened around october-november of last year if my memory serves right
there was even news that russians have developed some new engine for their Yak-130 as supply from ukraine from Ivchenko-Progress Al-222-25 was on halt due to the SMO; thus resuming further production, induction and export of the light fighter-trainer

Azaad

Country flag
I say both the aircrafts are impractical for us one being too expensive to even operate that militaries around the world are thinking of grounding the jet and one being untested and having no clue if Ruskies still have it in them to deliver so we need to think of something else counter J20s with better air protection and Stealth flying wing drones cause we don't have a choice AMCA isn't coming anytime soon but if we work on CATS and Ghatak full speed ahead it can come on time
Ghatak will come around the time AMCA Mk-1 comes in which is in the mid 30s maybe later. CATS is being primarily developed for LCA Mk-2 & the AMCA series possibly even TEDBF .

no smoking

Country flag
I say both the aircrafts are impractical for us one being too expensive to even operate that militaries around the world are thinking of grounding the jet
Can you please name one country that is think of grounding the "junk" - F35?

and one being untested and having no clue if Ruskies still have it in them to deliver so we need to think of something else counter J20s with better air protection and Stealth flying wing drones cause we don't have a choice AMCA isn't coming anytime soon but if we work on CATS and Ghatak full speed ahead it can come on time
Well, if you think F-35 is a junk plane, then you don't need to worry about J-20. After all, J-20 is the plane built to fight against F-35.

Satish Sharma

Country flag
MKU's revenues are continuing to increase. It crossed 500 crores in FY23. What is shocking is 90% of their revenue is coming from exports according to their financial report. Why is army not placing more orders??

View attachment 258569
They're helmets are the best right now. Even stops ak rounds. Everything is slow unless they don't give commission they won't order it.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
The lessons of Ukraine war, Gaza war, and Houthis drone war is that we must order :

1. Long range strike drones.
2. Guided Pinaka
3. Prahar and Pralay
4. Cheap long range recce drones like Orlan 30
5. Huge number of Indigenous PGMs &
6. Long Range artillery, ATAGS

But focus of import lobby:-

a. Imported submarines
b. More Rafales
C. Transport aircraft
d. Imported Artillery
E. Costly Predators, Israeli UAVs