DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewolf

Psychopathic Neighbour
Country flag
Desi Ped ko full size hone main aur time lagta hai... khaskar agar woh ek badi bureaucratic Building ke backyard main ugg raha ho...
No competing system in category, trials already underway for lsp, production version trial will happen but procurement procedure are a bit different for category of purchase if I remember correctly

AnantS

Country flag
No competing system in category, trials already underway for lsp, production version trial will happen but procurement procedure are a bit different for category of purchase if I remember correctly
yes your memory is correct, but IIRC it only reduces few steps not removes all together. I remember having this discussion on new DPP with @Chinmoy , was it for ATAGS or for WHAP.. dont remember it. But we know RFI for 155/52 towed was given in dec 2022.. Its 2024 and Next stage RFP has still not been released yet. Dilli dur ast...

slayingheaven

Country flag
during modi initial years, same kind of buzz in Indian media about RQ-11 raven under DTTI. there will be articles going gaga over this from that period.. 8 years later, Indian industry can come up with any kind of drone. a few years ago, there were a flurry of articles about murican winter clothing during galwan, that winter clothing was part of DTTI, hence the articles and mentions in think tank discussions.

fanboys instigated by media and social media went into the usual meltdown mode when the news about winter clothing came out, the usual self-flagellation.

this is why i find it amusing when fanboys get bothered about little things, but there is limit to number of times i can repeat myself saying "don't get caught up in short term cycles, longer you watch this space, more clarity you will get".

at that time we were asking for MQ-1 predator, they were offering RQ-11,
today we are asking for GE414, they are offering stryker.

just the way muricans do business, for them everything is about leverage.
View attachment 258319

by the way, US NSA jake sullivan is in town. the process i mentioned in previous post comes under his supervision.
But one thing I don't understand is why striker specifically? Aren't they gonna get more leverage or whatever if they go for more important programs like Light Tank or etc if they want to allegedly undermine Aatmanirbhar?

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
But one thing I don't understand is why striker specifically? Aren't they gonna get more leverage or whatever if they go for more important programs like Light Tank or etc if they want to allegedly undermine Aatmanirbhar?
haven't come across any article/document which explains the why part.

Chinmoy

Country flag
How can this entity make arty shells cases?
Just pray those shells are not hand crafted and hand polished ones to imperfection.
The entity who would be making these shell cases also does

Manufacturing of structures, sub-assemblies, and assemblies of mobile weapon launchers for programs such as BrahMos Missile, MRSAM, and Pinaka rocket launcher.

Manufacturing of Structural and Engineering systems for Naval applications.

Manufacturing of electrical and electronic box assemblies, such as console panel

rone

Country flag
Is it IDDM or Chinese 🪛🪛🪛?
The round dome they use M9N gps module, I highly doubt it's military grade, it can be be subjected to GPS spoofing or jamming environment, or I can be wrong they can get LS2003c classs one on just fibreglass random, design look like 3d PLA, inside components may be China made, only software and fight control algorithms may be inhouse,

Ps: considering other Indian scam artists, they guys atleast put efforts and they have turn to Chinese suppliers because of lack of parts

Chinmoy

Country flag
Any reasons why so much push on striker like it's not even that big deal. They are doing too much efforts wrt to worth of deal.
We haven't seen such efforts put by usa except during patriot,s400 thing.

I had seen some YouTube expaaarts Claiming usa want a commited spare supply for its future conflicts in ASEAN/china.

Which seems illogical to me but apart from this I haven't seen any other explanation for this.
It seems more then IA and MoD, our media is interested in procuring all variants of Stryker.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag

Another paid hit job tryna create narrative that we need Ruzzian junk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles