DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
haha russia apenly sells rd33 to pakistan ,ukrain sells tanks and engine of cruise missile why should we refrain from getting some profits :)
Not only RD-33, but Mi-35 (recently sold), spares & parts of of Mi-17s, IL-76, IL-78 refuellers as well. Probably more transactions we don't know of.

All the big economies cater to their business needs. No shame in that.

Blademaster

Not only RD-33, but Mi-35 (recently sold), spares & parts of of Mi-17s, IL-76, IL-78 refuellers as well. Probably more transactions we don't know of.

The point is that we want to be able to sell to Russia and the West won't allow that while the West is free to sell to anybody that it wishes to and damn the objections of others. We need to rise up and say fuck you and we will sell to whomever we wish to sell to.

vishnugupt

Country flag

There is difference between offensive weapons and non offensive weapons.

Russia is not objecting India's humanitarian help to Ukraine but Shells are not humanitarian aids.

India can sell Helicopter or spares part to Ukraine at some extent. Better avoid selling weapons altogether to Ukraine.

AnantS

Country flag
There is difference between offensive weapons and non offensive weapons.

Russia is not objecting India's humanitarian help to Ukraine but Shells are not humanitarian aids.

India can sell Helicopter or spares part to Ukraine at some extent. Better avoid selling weapons altogether to Ukraine.
And India is not selling to Ukraine but it has no control if ammo bought by Germany, Britain or US is diverted by respective countries to ukraine

vishnugupt

Country flag
And India is not selling to Ukraine but it has no control if ammo bought by Germany, Britain or US is diverted by respective countries to ukraine
Such logics do not work in real life so don't try unless you are a congressi or AAPtards.

AnantS

Country flag
Such logics do not work in real life so don't try unless you are a congressi or AAPtards.
Sorry did not understand what you are implying here in this context. We are selling to west, who place such requests. Why would India say no to dollars? After they buy, its upto buyers what they do with amoo, unless India has stipulated end user agreement where they debar re export?

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
We don't have an end-user agreement with our buyers like USA, which dictates how & where their weapons can be used.

We haven't exported any weapons to Ukraine directly. But lets say, some friendly neutral country like UAE, Saudi Arabia (I think they recently placed large orders) buys these ammunition in bulk (because they are super cheap) and sells it to Ukraine at a margin or even at request of NATO there is nothing we can do.

Azaad

Country flag
I don't think GoI factored in these countries would re export those shells to Ukraine , the reason being we may have exported small numbers in the past .

Further the way Europe was bringing down its defence budget pre Ukraine war , it would've been anticipated that low tech items like shells would've been cost effective imports compared to mass production in house resulting in them cutting down production capacities.

Hence the thought here would've been these European countries were probably rebuilding up stocks expended by diverting their inventories to Ukraine .

I think news that Indian shells were re exported to Ukraine by these countries wouldn't have gone down well in the GoI which must've re considered it's decision.

vishnugupt

Country flag
Sorry did not understand what you are implying here in this context. We are selling to west, who place such requests. Why would India say no to dollars? After they buy, its upto buyers what they do with amoo, unless India has stipulated end user agreement where they debar re export?
We don't have an end-user agreement with our buyers like USA, which dictates how & where their weapons can be used.

We haven't exported any weapons to Ukraine directly. But lets say, some friendly neutral country like UAE, Saudi Arabia (I think they recently placed large orders) buys these ammunition in bulk (because they are super cheap) and sells it to Ukraine at a margin or even at request of NATO there is nothing we can do.
Are you guys sure India do not have end user aggreement?? Maybe not as stringent as America/Europe but there is always a end user aggreement for weapons.

By your logic what if ISIS got Indian weapons from second party and use it against civilians?? Our whole life will go waste to explain the world that we are innocent.

There is always end user aggreement in all defence deals.

slayingheaven

Country flag
Are you guys sure India do not have end user aggreement?? Maybe not as stringent as America/Europe but there is always a end user aggreement for weapons.

By your logic what if ISIS got Indian weapons from second party and use it against civilians?? Our whole life will go waste to explain the world that we are innocent.

There is always end user aggreement in all defence deals.
GoI just pretend dumb like how Rossia pretended dumb selling weapons to Pakistan.

vishnugupt

Country flag
GoI just pretend dumb like how Rossia pretended dumb selling weapons to Pakistan.
What weapons Russia sold to Pakistan?? Tell me precisely.

You people actually want India to behave like Pakistan where they sell them in few dollars and get bankrupt in return.

I think people now days are not listening Jayshankar carefully. "Taking extra care about Russian interest"

slayingheaven

Country flag

You people actually want India to behave like Pakistan where they sell them in few dollars and get bankrupt in return.

I think people now days are not listening Jayshankar carefully. "Taking extra care about Russian interest"
Mi-17 Helicopters? Kornet-E(52-Systems+Missiles)?

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag

their whole jk17 fleet is using rd33 engines supplied by russia

vishnugupt

Country flag
Mi-17 Helicopters? Kornet-E(52-Systems+Missiles)?
Mi-17 is not a attack helicopter. 52 Kornet-E missiles only. This deal happened during peacetime.

Now you want India to supply shell to Ukraine which will directly cause Russian casualty.

Now ask UN generals how they are going to manage their inventories without Russia.

I mean one can try to sell weapons to Ukraine but I believe consequences will be far reaching.

Smoothbore125mm

Country flag
JF-17 manufactured by China and they have aggreement before Pakistan come into picture.
ok then what bout 4 mi35 ,48 mi17 helis ,kornet ,small arms there was supposed to be a 15 more mi35 order which was scrapped due to invasion of ukraine

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles