DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Too much risk involved in pooling expensive resources for assembling an yet to be proven tech and for which numbers are unknown (Piecemeal Orders if partly qualify or tech dramatically change during developmental phase - again go through changed RFP, with increased Cost and Invested Time).

It fails to generate confidence
Then who would develop AMCA?

Its better we ditch it. Right?

And it better if we don't do RR at drop of a hat in that case for every other project. Right?

raju1982

Country flag
Too much risk involved in pooling expensive resources for assembling an yet to be proven tech and for which numbers are unknown (Piecemeal Orders if partly qualify or tech dramatically change during developmental phase - again go through changed RFP, with increased Cost and Invested Time).

It fails to generate confidence
Agreed and why these words sounds familiar!! Ohh yeah... heard same about Tejas a decade back. Indians never learn from past mistakes.

Ugra Bhairav

Country flag
Only One entity which is Capable to Develop Manufacture and Lead Integrator for AMCA is Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.

Picked Wrong Product for HAND HOLDING of Privet Companies in Aviation Production.

AMCA is Too Complicated and Technically Advance for a company which has not produced/manufactured Any Flying Final Product.

Might be producing some subsystems or components but not the full product.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Only One entity which is Capable to Develop Manufacture and Lead Integrator for AMCA is Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.

Picked Wrong Product for HAND HOLDING of Privet Companies in Aviation Production.

AMCA is Too Complicated and Technically Advance for a company which has not produced/manufactured Any Flying Final Product.

May I come in or do you want me to be out of discussion?

mokoman

Country flag

Read the comments for more context.

Report is especially saying about L&T HPR

If this HPR of screwdrivergiri comes true, all this Atmanirbharta is a farce and these guys are full on mode to just import whatever they can.

And mind it that DRDO has been ready for tech transfer for a long time View attachment 241603

And the most bizzare part is, we will even import a lesser advanced product, should be no surprise given ATAGS and TGS chakkar, maybe DRDO HPR was just too heavy(pun intended)

source for the 2000 modules is a some blog on blogspot , probably some good reason y DRDO one was ditched .

raju1982

Country flag

For that we need new engineering teams who worked in big cos abroad. Thn they can plan what process needs to be followed and which machines need to be bought. Sarkari babus can not do that.

We are behind, something bold needs to be done asap. If nothing goes well, HAL should be sold just like Air India. Or atleast management should be changed with corporate people.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
source for the 2000 modules is a some blog on blogspot , probably some good reason y DRDO one was ditched .
Even if the performance was 80%, indigenous should have been selected. And there is even less reason to believe the deficiency in drdo product to the level of discarding it when similiar tech products such as Arudhra MPR, LLTR and ADTCR have been ordered, all being 4D AESA radars.

Those who always want next super uper weapons are destined to be in shock when actual war knocks on the door.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
For that we need new engineering teams who worked in big cos abroad. Thn they can plan what process needs to be followed and which machines need to be bought. Sarkari babus can not do that.

We are behind, something bold needs to be done asap. If nothing goes well, HAL should be sold just like Air India. Or atleast management should be changed with corporate people.
Worst take, as of yet. Same Sarkari babus building space rockets and missiles well before any pvt cos were willing to do, should I remind you pvt cos reluctance to AMCA. Same Sarkari babus also doing tech transfer to pvt cos, literally being there teacher in some cases.

Might as well change the Netas and gov to pvt companies men, in that case I plead loyalty to Ambani Adani Tata instead of the nation and its people.

I don't know where this blind slavery to pvt cos and their godly superiority comes from. Definitely not from the facts present on the ground, maybe old age habit of berating oneself and lack of self confidence.

Tomorrow, HAL is unable to ramp Tejas production due to engine supply issue, Sarkari babus are responsible, sell it to private and magically solve the issue, voila.

I didn't heard that L&T light tank delay of 1 year and it's responsibility being put upon L&T. Might as well sell them to another pvt company.

No doubt, we will always be behind China with such stupid mentality.

Last edited:

raju1982

Country flag
Worst take, as of yet. Same Sarkari babus building space rockets and missiles well before any pvt cos were willing to do, should I remind you pvt cos reluctance to AMCA. Same Sarkari babus also doing tech transfer to pvt cos, literally being there teacher in some cases.

Might as well change the Netas and gov to pvt companies men, in that case I plead loyalty to Ambani Adani Tata instead of the nation and its people.

I don't know where this blind slavery to pvt cos and their godly superiority comes from. Definitely not from the facts present on the ground, maybe old age habit of berating oneself and lack of self confidence.

Tomorrow, HAL is unable to ramp Tejas production due to engine supply issue, Sarkari babus are responsible, sell it to private and magically solve the issue, voila.

I didn't heard that L&T light tank delay of 1 year and it's responsibility being put upon L&T. Might as well sell them to another pvt company.
Private cos reluctant on AMCA because it is mismanaged by politicians and sarkari babus. Rest of the arguments of yours are not even worth discussing. Heard many times CITU leaders shouting same. I worked for many MNCs and have seen how they work and why they are fulfilling their customers requirements on time with timely innovations and process management.

Tridev123

Country flag
Strange na??

TATA can sign a deal for manufacturing 40 C-295, but won't form a partnership to develop AMCA for which IAF assured 6 squadrons. For that they want IAF to order F-21 from LM first.

Mahindra can sign a MoU with Embraer for a deal which is yet to see light, but wont partner up for a project for which IAF is lobbying with IN.

All of these, when GoI has already laid out option to use HAL facility by private companies for SPV and series production rollout.
Firstly are you sure that the Tatas asked the Indian Government to order the F16.
If your sources are trust worthy then

Why didn't the Government of India arm twist the Tatas to drop the linkage.
For reasons of National Security the GOI should have the capability to make any organisation follow it's orders if it is for the larger good of the nation.
However big an conglomerate/industrial group is they have to bow down to the decisions taken by the Government whenever national security is involved.

If really the Tatas tried to blackmail the GOI into buying the F16 then why was their arm not twisted.

Making a commercial decision based on profitability and acting at the behest of a foreign power are entirely two different things.

I really hope that you have not erred in the assertion that the Tatas tried to blackmail the GOI.

Srinie

Country flag
Good.

Then who would produce AMCA first to prove the technology and cut the edge?
Well the issue is with the GOI and cowboys in Airforce. Where is CCS approval for the AMCA. What are committed orders for AMCA from the Air force? 2 squadrons or 36 planes for mk1 AMCA. Good luck with any private company touching this farce . With no legal backing and a buffoon like raga leading GOI in 2024 what's the guarantee that pvt companies investment will be protected ? HAL can afford to be in AMCA drama for another 15 years for there is a guarantee that they would be screwgiri partner for emergency purchase for fifth gen aircraft pvt companies don't have that luxury.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Firstly are you sure that the Tatas asked the Indian Government to order the F16.
If your sources are trust worthy then

Why didn't the Government of India arm twist the Tatas to drop the linkage.
For reasons of National Security the GOI should have the capability to make any organisation follow it's orders if it is for the larger good of the nation.
However big an conglomerate/industrial group is they have to bow down to the decisions taken by the Government whenever national security is involved.

If really the Tatas tried to blackmail the GOI into buying the F16 then why was their arm not twisted.

Making a commercial decision based on profitability and acting at the behest of a foreign power are entirely two different things.

I really hope that you have not erred in the assertion that the Tatas tried to blackmail the GOI.
Not F-16, but F-21.

TATA want to bring in F-21 for MRFA first before getting involved in AMCA.
Likewise Mahindra is pitching for Gripen, and Kalyani for Eurofighter. Basically, instead of backing AMCA, they want GoI to back them on bringing in their partners before they back GoI on privatizing MIC.

This is not from my source, its all in news. But we always try to blame forces and babus and put a blind eye to what private players are doing.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Folks with frcv rfi being out do u guys think drdo will go ahead to fulfill the Marvel grade requirements
I mean the way they are going well will have to fight with outdated t-72 ajeya in 2035 when both porkies and chinis will have far more advanced tanks with realistic requirements given by them
What's the point of having big economy when we can not have a proper mordern tank in service bcoz we can't sort out mental retardness of armoured corps

Anupu

Country flag
Not F-16, but F-21.

TATA want to bring in F-21 for MRFA first before getting involved in AMCA.
Likewise Mahindra is pitching for Gripen, and Kalyani for Eurofighter. Basically, instead of backing AMCA, they want GoI to back them on bringing in their partners before they back GoI on privatizing MIC.

This is not from my source, its all in news. But we always try to blame forces and babus and put a blind eye to what private players are doing.
The source of this news is Alpha Defence. Nuff Said. Alpha defence probably has "sources" in PSUs or DRDO.

Srinie

Country flag
Strange na??

TATA can sign a deal for manufacturing 40 C-295, but won't form a partnership to develop AMCA for which IAF assured 6 squadrons. For that they want IAF to order F-21 from LM first.

Mahindra can sign a MoU with Embraer for a deal which is yet to see light, but wont partner up for a project for which IAF is lobbying with IN.

All of these, when GoI has already laid out option to use HAL facility by private companies for SPV and series production rollout.
Tatas signed the deal for C295 for there was a contract . Show the legal contract for r&d phase of AMCA and let's see if the TATAs and L&T of the India don't respond to the RFP. Rest is just noise. MOU means nada .

Global Defence

Articles