DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Anupu

Country flag
Folks with frcv rfi being out do u guys think drdo will go ahead to fulfill the Marvel grade requirements
I mean the way they are going well will have to fight with outdated t-72 ajeya in 2035 when both porkies and chinis will have far more advanced tanks with realistic requirements given by them
What's the point of having big economy when we can not have a proper mordern tank in service bcoz we can't sort out mental retardness of armoured corps
FICV PSQRs do sound rediculous. A four-man crewed tank with an autoloader that weighs 55 tons?

Srinie

Country flag
RfI for HPR came out in 2016
There was no drdo offering at the time hopefully future HPR orders will go to drdo radars

jai jaganath

Country flag
FICV PSQRs do sound rediculous. A four-man crewed tank with an autoloader that weighs 55 tons?
I mean they have asked manual loading semi loader and auto loading and 4 man crew over it
Within 55 tonnes sadly we don't have any DM to understand this shit and label it Marvel grade requirement

Chinmoy

Country flag
Well the issue is with the GOI and cowboys in Airforce. Where is CCS approval for the AMCA. What are committed orders for AMCA from the Air force? 2 squadrons or 36 planes for mk1 AMCA. Good luck with any private company touching this farce . With no legal backing and a buffoon like raga leading GOI in 2024 what's the guarantee that pvt companies investment will be protected ? HAL can afford to be in AMCA drama for another 15 years for there is a guarantee that they would be screwgiri partner for emergency purchase for fifth gen aircraft pvt companies don't have that luxury.
:facepalm:

Chinmoy

Country flag
Tatas signed the deal for C295 for there was a contract . Show the legal contract for r&d phase of AMCA and let's see if the TATAs and L&T of the India don't respond to the RFP. Rest is just noise. MOU means nada .
After so many years here, some posts like this really make me think that is it worthy enough to give eyes to blind.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Folks with frcv rfi being out do u guys think drdo will go ahead to fulfill the Marvel grade requirements
I mean the way they are going well will have to fight with outdated t-72 ajeya in 2035 when both porkies and chinis will have far more advanced tanks with realistic requirements given by them
What's the point of having big economy when we can not have a proper mordern tank in service bcoz we can't sort out mental retardness of armoured corps
Do you know what is RFI?

Tridev123

Country flag
Not F-16, but F-21.

TATA want to bring in F-21 for MRFA first before getting involved in AMCA.
Likewise Mahindra is pitching for Gripen, and Kalyani for Eurofighter. Basically, instead of backing AMCA, they want GoI to back them on bringing in their partners before they back GoI on privatizing MIC.

This is not from my source, its all in news. But we always try to blame forces and babus and put a blind eye to what private players are doing.
Bro, the F21 is nothing but the latest version of the F16.
Don't fall prey to marketing gimmicks by Lockheed Martin.
They simply want people in India to forget about the F16's in Pakistan's inventory.

Trying to hoodwink people in India that the F21 is totally different from the F16 aircraft flying in PAF colours.

Now, which stupid person would buy a plane operated by the PAF for the last 3 decades. The PAF know everything about that aircraft. The flying envelope I guess remains almost the same for the different versions of the F16.

Now coming to the main issue, promoting an foreign weapon system is per se not objectionable. But putting an condition before the GOI and literally blackmailing the GOI is another matter.

Saying that only if you buy the F16 and we are allowed to build it in India then we will participate in the AMCA programme is almost like blackmail.
If the Tatas had really done something like this, they should have been hauled over the coals.

It is a very serious allegation.

But since you don't have an Government source and you have said that you were quoting from the mainstream media everything fizzles out.

I reckon it would not be advisable to levy such allegations against any business group unless you have an impeccable source.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Yeah it's just psqr and there are chances that the realistic requirements will be given in RFP
Basically asking industry of they have capability to build such system and on basis response gsqr will be formulated
But still even in rfi such requirements are very much idiotic
Correct.

RFI is just a means of gathering information. This is important as it would give user a common criteria on which they could settle down. You would always set your criteria high so that you could get atleast a system higher then base model.

IA knows that this behemoth is going to weigh around 65 tons. But if they put 65 ton on RFI, they would get 70 ton in reply. So RFI is basically a way to prune out the contenders. It could be done in other way too, but it would be a lengthy process then this RFI.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Bro, the F21 is nothing but the latest version of the F16.
Don't fall prey to marketing gimmicks by Lockheed Martin.
They simply want people in India to forget about the F16's in Pakistan's inventory.

Trying to hoodwink people in India that the F21 is totally different from the F16 aircraft flying in PAF colours.

Now, which stupid person would buy a plane operated by the PAF for the last 3 decades. The PAF know everything about that aircraft. The flying envelope I guess remains almost the same for the different versions of the F16.

Now coming to the main issue, promoting an foreign weapon system is per se not objectionable. But putting an condition before the GOI and literally blackmailing the GOI is another matter.

Saying that only if you buy the F16 and we are allowed to build it in India then we will participate in the AMCA programme is almost like blackmail.
If the Tatas had really done something like this, they should have been hauled over the coals.

It is a very serious allegation.

But since you don't have an Government source and you have said that you were quoting from the mainstream media everything fizzles out.

I reckon it would not be advisable to levy such allegations against any business group unless you have an impeccable source.
I am not falling for LM hoodwinks. You should advise TATA all these.

Now lets consider your point too here. Lets say all these are media allegations and holds no ground. In that case, when GoI categorically said that the private partner could work with the HAL facility and manpower, what is stopping TATA, Mahindra, L&T or Kalyani to dive into it?

Blademaster

Oh it do justify. Because if you go other way around, its going to make things more messy.

Just pray that DRDO don't respond to the RFI like Arjun.
Keep in mind that they were starting from scratch. They had no industrial base to build upon. But they did build one and delivered the tank as per spec but was too late. Hopefully this time we have a base to build the next generation tank.

Tridev123

Country flag
I am not falling for LM hoodwinks. You should advise TATA all these.

Now lets consider your point too here. Lets say all these are media allegations and holds no ground. In that case, when GoI categorically said that the private partner could work with the HAL facility and manpower, what is stopping TATA, Mahindra, L&T or Kalyani to dive into it?
I don't hold any brief for any industrial group.
If anybody feels like that some of them are not serving the national cause and solely concerned only with making easy money, they have the right to highlight the issue.

Now if a company is not willing to partner with the HAL or any other Defence PSU it cannot be called an illegal act.

But if a company tries to act as an agent of an foreign power(serving the interests of that power and not necessarily in the national interests) the implications of the act cannot be ignored.

That was why I red flagged it.

Now you are free to criticise the Tatas, Mahindras, L&T, Kalyani or anybody else.
Nobody stopped you.

I certainly don't represent the Tatas.
Nothing more to debate on the issue.
If you insist on continuing its your privilege.

thebakofbakchod

> Premier Explosive is set to set up a defence explosives plant in Rayagada. With an investment of Rs 864 crore, the big ticket project will generate employment for 3,750 individuals.

Any idea what this could be for? Mines?

Articles