DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

mamamia12

What is meant by modifying in India?. I mean generally we will get OEMs to modify the aircraft in their own turf for other roles. So, it means we will get know how to do that here without resorting to send each and every time?. If that is the case, is it possible to get the know how for A320 platforms since if we get the knowledge we can atleast fast track our sensor platform acquisitions without too much dependency on OEM considering we are buying a lot of stuff from Airbus. Gobermint even if unable to ask for a local assembly line similar to China, should have atleast asked for know-how of A320 conversion.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
copying text for future reference .

DAC approval Feb 2024

- 15 C-295 MRMR/MMMA: 2 modified in Spain, 13 in India, 29k cr
- 6 Netra Mk1A, 9k cr
- 3 SIGINT COMJAM a/c (SCA), 6.3k cr
- 6 tanker a/c, 9k cr
- LRLACM for Army, 4k cr
- 45k Prachand AT mines, 650cr
- 900 CALM, 800cr
- 25 ADTCR
- 48 HWT for Kalvari
- SDR for ICG
- MH-60 support

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If that is the case, is it possible to get the know how for A320 platforms since if we get the knowledge we can atleast fast track our sensor platform acquisitions without too much dependency on OEM considering we are buying a lot of stuff from Airbus. Gobermint even if unable to ask for a local assembly line similar to China, should have atleast asked for know-how of A320 conversion.
that is the direction things are going.
=====
Airbus bolsters MRO industry in India, partners with HAL to service A320 family aircraft

jai jaganath

Country flag

So delivery isn't possible in 2024
But in Twitter they were discussing that there are few stocks of mtu engines which can be incorporated into tank but ig they don't want to forget obvious reasons
Maybe they will wait for datran but anyway project will get delayed a lot as a lot of testing remaining for datran
Ig we have to wait for defexpo for our queries

karn

Country flag
Isn't the 48 HWT too small of an order ? Or is this a low level production for the sub launched version ?

Azaad

Country flag
biggest question as ever,
what about Engine? are we going to put that old Larzac that was already deemed underpowered that HAL and all had to bring ruskies on the board and got that Saturn AL-55I done for it...
so again, Larzac or AL-55I ?
You're claiming the Larzac is bad ? I've read people commenting how a former CoAS went out of his way to get Russian AL - 55I TF into the IJT thus upsetting the entire supply chain & design of the trainer especially since the said TF was under development , hence unproven.

Also read of the service life of the TF being < 100 hrs which has subsequently been enhanced though I've no idea to what extent & whether this has been verified.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
What's going on
Have they disabled proximity fuse or something else many things going wrong it seems
$hit happens, don't go about extrapolating to infer that the whole system is crap.
in real world conditions, they won't send one, they send more than one to minimise this risk.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles