DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

jai jaganath

Country flag
yea its a mock up but looks cool af to me .

chinese seem to be pumping out all these variants on chasis similar to kestrel . each one with a different turret or something else on top .

First let them induct baseline kestral
Yeh sab toh bahut dur hai
I don't get why army is not inducting these in huge nos

Azaad

Country flag
I hope we'd see soon the day when instead of a Russian Ramjet powering the Brahmos an Indian one replaces it , workshare agreements apart. We're already modifying / upgrading the MKIs & other Russian platforms with Indian sub systems where the Russians wouldn't have entertained such ideas from us before the war in Ukraine leave aside actually replacing those Russian sub systems with Indian ones.

Yet here we are .

GoI can well pay them royalties in lieu of them accepting Indian sub systems on such platforms.

shade

Country flag
I just don't want to take the name of ameriki gadi
Sala wapas tapas na hojay
This lard-ass americunt IFV isn't even amphibious like our deshi Kestrel.
Being Amphibious was listed as a requirement by the uniformed class.

I'm sure the uniformed class will now say they want an IFV with heavier armor and weaponry.

Why can't these flying dalals, and land-based dalas be based like the Navy?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
The entire thinking itself is flawed. All we've to do is look at the fate private shipyards like Pipavav etc suffered. There's not much market for Naval products outside the Indian one.

It's difficult to sustain Indian public sector shipyards as it is. Where's the scope for a pvt shipyard? The balance sheet of L&T Katupalli is before us . It's only coz a giant L&T is backing up the shipyard that they're plodding on.

And now we've plans to set up an alternative line in a pvt shipyard vide the Project 75 I for building subs whereas the DPSU in Mazgaon can constuct 3 sub's at the same time with zero export potential as of the present.

Where's the scope for it? Look at RoK or Japan or even France. How many OEMs do they have constructing ships & subs. On the contrary in both Japan's & RoK's case they had different pvt OEMs collaborate to mfg the subs. And they're actively pursuing export options too especially on the case of RoK.

Barring the US, Ex USSR / Russia & China none of the other nations have multiple OEMs for naval & air force platforms & they've both the economy & the requirements for such platforms in great numbers. Having faced dwindling markets & domestic requirements, even Russia has merged MiG & Su into one unit.

Where's the scope for us to get ambitious to set up 2 OEMs - 1 in the public sector & 1 in the pvt sector to mfg such FAs. It's a bad idea which has run its course & needs to be buried. If need be Tata's, Mahindra's etc can be roped in to mfg LRUs & other important components / sub systems with HAL being the principle system integrator.

Where we need multiple OEMs particularly in the pvt sector is to build platforms & armaments to meet the IA's requirements & here the picture is a mixed one.
Agreed, I am sure DcPP model can work for things like missiles ,guns and vehicles, you can handhold industry a bit and a few experienced ones with help of drdo, are there.
But to manufacture a 5th gen plane to a private cos and expecting them to make it with the help of HAL is a stupid idea to begin with. For god's sake, we don't have either the extra money and time when even tattus like pakis will be getting their J31 after begging.
HAL is the only player in planes sector as of now.

And also, yaar ab toh Indian designed MTA programme start kar do.

jai jaganath

Country flag

I'm sure the uniformed class will now say they want an IFV with heavier armor and weaponry.

Today on this auspicious say I request ram ji to save indigenous projects
And most importantly for forces to order something it has been months since any significant contract has been awarded

mamamia12

Iam extremely happy for once that Americunts got their shipbuilding wrecked and inefficient. Otherwise, we would be importing even ships from them. They would be dumping their trash here.

shade

Country flag
Iam extremely happy for once that Americunts got their shipbuilding wrecked and inefficient. Otherwise, we would be importing even ships from them. They would be dumping their trash here.
We purchased the INS Jalashwa from them.
It had so many Free & Democratic T&Cs attached that the navy had enough of Americunt ships, Russkie is much better if he have to import, you buy it you own it.

Any American maal that you """""buy"""""" basically feels like those EULA that tell you that you are only ((((licensed))) to use xyz product, you do not own it.

mamamia12

We purchased the INS Jalashwa from them.
It had so many Free & Democratic T&Cs attached that the navy had enough of Americunt ships, Russkie is much better if he have to import, you buy it you own it.

Any American maal that you """""buy"""""" basically feels like those EULA that tell you that you are only ((((licensed))) to use xyz product, you do not own it.
i think Navy had positive experiences with the platforms brought from USA like Poseidon or Sea hawk or even the Predator. Same with Globemaster with Airforce. The Positives outweight Negatives especially in regarding ONLY Auxiliaries and Non-Combat platforms where Americunts don't bother much. But, they put their fingers too much in combat platforms more often hence the issue like the F-35 or such. Luckily the Airforce didn't fell for their bountiful charade in repackaged F-16. But, even for all the trouble the Airforce&Navy should have brought the extra Globemasters&Poseidons. And finally the alternatives are either expensive or trash.

Chinmoy

Country flag
I hope we'd see soon the day when instead of a Russian Ramjet powering the Brahmos an Indian one replaces it , workshare agreements apart. We're already modifying / upgrading the MKIs & other Russian platforms with Indian sub systems where the Russians wouldn't have entertained such ideas from us before the war in Ukraine leave aside actually replacing those Russian sub systems with Indian ones.

Yet here we are .

GoI can well pay them royalties in lieu of them accepting Indian sub systems on such platforms.
You can't compare MKIs with BRAHMOS.

One is license production, other is JV.

Chinmoy

Country flag
But to manufacture a 5th gen plane to a private cos and expecting them to make it with the help of HAL is a stupid idea to begin with. For god's sake, we don't have either the extra money and time when even tattus like pakis will be getting their J31 after begging.
HAL is the only player in planes sector as of now.
Sorry, but here you are just thinking opposite to what GoI has in mind.

Chinmoy

Country flag
So u mean to say army waited years for Mahindra to build their own whap with help of drdo and then hold a competition between them and then induct which satisfies their requirement
No.

Army has already inducted them on their offshore missions long back. In 2019 they have put forward a requirement of 200 odd WhAP for Western sector alone. But after that Galwan happened. So now along with Western, requirement would be revised for Northern and Eastern sector. What about that?

I've just given the example of Mahindra. What about Kalyani and L&T?

You think IA could just go on and place an order of 200 WhAPs to TATA just like that?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles