DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Kek, many natu natu armees have 120mm standard .
If its vehicle mounted. Then it should be a heavy hitter
View attachment 191512View attachment 191513View attachment 191514
You see this , it's a 120 mm A50 Brandt mortar of french origin which we license produce since 60s , tied behind a bullet motorcycle .
But a system like that mahindra one ,should be armed with a 120 mm mortar of a good quality not these ancient ones we have kek . Regardless of whether it's issues to paidal sainik or topkhana
Agreed, for a Mahindra lav type vehicle, a 120mm makes much more sense but I still feel that unless doctrinal change happens, this issue will remain. All power to 120mm mortars from my side, I would say Arty corps should induct 160mm mortars with same automated system more in addition to 120mm ones. 160mm boom boom is something else when compared to 120mm.

This is a smart solution honestly for a 120mm mortar. Hopefully we will see ATVs being used instead of bullets for towing purposes in future as ATVs will be much better. Hopefully either 6*6 or 4*4 like
1674926356927.png
1674926392124.png

I believe all these things depend on the type of mission expected & the terrain and then a suitable force structure has to be drawn.

Here's how ruskies are using ATVs for mobility purposes, 82mm mortar
1674927114243.png

Saar mera bas chale m toh thode bhot 2b9 vasilik bhi har infantry battalion m baat deta aur inko bhi Mahindra lav par mount kar deta

Last edited:

jai jaganath

Country flag
Not a hitjob ....why im so sure?...simply because mod didnt release any statement
Yeah many times we have taken such implications and believed the report
Even if I remember then there was some missile which was announced by mod and declared failure by sorce based reports
But why I say hit-job is Rajat Pandit

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
Interesting, got the translation from reddit, apparently this is supposed to be state-of-art APFSDS Chinese MBT ammo.

AFAIK our tanks can actually take this on frontal hits without much issues?

Edit - Going off of the diagrams from the T-90 thread, and taking the assumption that composite armour will be only as good as RHA, T72 should be able to take a turret hit from a ~80-90 degree arc to its front. Quite good if the info is accurate.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles