DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
The most positive aspect of the AON for VSHORAD is that it means DM partners and users have agreed upon the specs.
from the angle that user representatives are involved in development from the start these days, but the issues we see in other projects is when the file moves up and sideways in the ranks of the user.

when the file moves up for approval, that's when the khichidi with specs starts happening, it seems.

Chinmoy

Country flag
from the angle that user representatives are involved in development from the start these days, but the issues we see in other projects is when the file moves up and sideways in the ranks of the user.

when the file moves up for approval, that's when the khichidi with specs starts happening, it seems.
AON is presented by client. So basically its not done unilaterally by a user in client end. So file movement among the rank doesn't matter unless and until Developer and manufacturer adhere to the timeline agreed upon.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
AON is presented by client. So basically its not done unilaterally by a user in client end. So file movement among the rank doesn't matter unless and until Developer and manufacturer adhere to the timeline agreed upon.
the scenario i am describing is for entirety of the project beyond AoN, like what happened to NAMICA towards the end. 15 ton weight limit, 6 not 8 tubes etc etc. ultimately it's the induction that counts.

any change that forces design team to go back to drawing board, this happens in almost all engineering projects, but just saying.

Chinmoy

Country flag
the scenario i am describing is for entirety of the project beyond AoN, like what happened to NAMICA towards the end. 15 ton weight limit, 6 not 8 tubes etc etc. ultimately it's the induction that counts.

any change that forces design team to go back to drawing board, this happens in almost all engineering projects, but just saying.
That's what I said when I mentioned that, if developers and manufacturers adhere to timeline, ther would be no issue.

Problem with all our programs is time related. If you want a product with 4 years but manufacturer deliver it after 10 years, it looses its relativity. To tackle this, GOI came up with the proposal to identify manufacturer and include them during the development process from day1.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
That's what I said when I mentioned that, if developers and manufacturers adhere to timeline, ther would be no issue.

Problem with all our programs is time related. If you want a product with 4 years but manufacturer deliver it after 10 years, it looses its relativity. To tackle this, GOI came up with the proposal to identify manufacturer and include them during the development process from day1.
yup.

QRSAM is one such project, will be interesting to see how close the final version will be to initial version.

Srinie

Country flag
Finally Navy may order further scorpene Submarines and give P75i a quiet burial
Only if Manohar Sir had been healthy enough to continue for few more years so many domestic products would have been inducted

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Finally Navy may order further scorpene Submarines and give P75i a quiet burial
Only if Manohar Sir had been healthy enough to continue for few more years so many domestic products would have been inducted
It's just that Navy is thinking or discussing within itself Nothing concrete
I don't think they have taken to mod
If not then infact second carrier is more advanced stage than this

SilentlAssassin265

Country flag
It's just that Navy is thinking or discussing within itself Nothing concrete
I don't think they have taken to mod
If not then infact second carrier is more advanced stage than this
Without aip submarine and nuke attack submarine navy will be toothless no matter how much surface vessels they build. I don't even know if torpedo issue is solved in existing subs

johnj

Bdw today aon for helina comes
Yesterday there was a report on some problems with helina

That's how hit job works , they have sources in mod
Bdw now drdo , bdl can start production for helina

As hal produced lch , after getting aon... Before the actual lsp order
Wait, what about CCS approval & clearance ?.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles