DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
What are your thoughts on this guys?
Should we acquire them?
It will be sold to private players in UK, as a barebone platform, not as a reconnaissance aircraft. All the military hardware will be removed before the sale.
IMHO there is no point in purchasing it from IAF perspective.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Possibly AKASH NG LAUNCHER . A guy long time back ( I don't remember who and where I read it , but kudos to him , you know who you are ) had speculated that this could be akash ng launcher , though he didn't offer any explanation in support of it.

I have now tried to provide the missing explanation/evidence towards the same. Also thanks to @patriots.

Ad29.04.jpg

A04.36.15.jpg

Last edited:

Akula

Country flag
Possibly AKASH NG LAUNCHER . A guy long time back ( I don't remember who and where I read it , but kudos to him , you know who you are ) had speculated that this could be akash ng launcher , though he didn't offer any explanation in support of it.

I have now tried to provide the missing explanation/evidence towards the same. Also thanks to @patriots.

View attachment 71623

View attachment 71622
Dhanyawad apne mujhe credit diya.

Aniruddha Mulay

Country flag

View attachment 71623

View attachment 71622
From the looks of it, the launcher for both QRSAM and Akash NG look to be the same.
This would be an added bonus to the Indian Army mechanized infantry units along with which these SAM units are going to move providing them with both short to medium range air defence cover.

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag

View attachment 71623

View attachment 71622
Bdw any reason why drdo prefer s 6 canister lunchers..... recently we saw 8 canister luncher of mrsam(army).....it was very compact

porky_kicker

Country flag
From the looks of it, the launcher for both QRSAM and Akash NG look to be the same.
This would be an added bonus to the Indian Army mechanized infantry units along with which these SAM units are going to move providing them with both short to medium range air defence cover.
I only tried to give evidence in support of the claim / possibility that the launcher could be for Akash NG.

There is no way too be 100% sure unless officially confirmed.

I was always under the impression that Akash NG was vertically launched.

Let's wait and see.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Bdw any reason why drdo prefer s 6 canister lunchers..... recently we saw 8 canister luncher of mrsam(army).....it was very compact
DRDO formulates the system and operational parameters and builds the weapon around it.

Also I had not confirmed that the launcher is 100% Akash NG, I only tried to presented evidence regarding the claim. Only time will tell if it's right or wrong.

6 or 8 rounds per launcher perse don't make much difference ( or it might , who can say for sure ) , if more than 6 rounds is a pressing requirement , then launcher could be made to support it .

Loosely speaking constraints of SWaP ( size weight power ) factors in conjunction with life cycle operating costs , mobility requirements , maintenance overhead etc will play a role selecting the no of rounds for any given system .

Also it is no secret that Indian defence orgs go for reduced payload in a system. I guess it is because of the defensive mindset of the Indians in position of charge ( drdo , military , MoD , bureaucrats ) . They literally loose the battle in mind even before the fight .

Side effect of sickularism if you ask me. Those who don't have the balls to own their heritage culture and are slaves mentally to inferior outside dogmas and influences will always end up inferior in everything. And since last 70 year's this has been the case.

Why do you think Israelis outshines in everything they do , because they own their culture tradition religion and hence have a superior outlook and unbeatable drive unlike regressive ricebag , muzzie , sickular Indians who have been running the country till now.

Mental slavery is infinite times worse than physical slavery . Then one is as good as a leech, actually as a human even worse.

Last edited:

NAMICA

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Model of an unidentified land based EW system on SMT truck

View attachment 71742
Must be sauhard EW system it was under development since 2014.

Technology for antennas which provides the necessary interface between the transmitter/receiver system and free space today is evolving towards smart, shared aperture, and fractal systems that are increasingly embracing millimeter, sub-millimeter and quasi-optical radiators. These new approaches are expected to yield high performance, low-cost, compact size, lightweight, conformal mounting for low radar cross section (RCS) array integration leading to higher deployability and stealth.

Micro-electro mechanical systems (MEMS) will be used to produce reconfigurable electromagnetic structures that can perform multiple functions instead of being dovetailed to a single use.

The development of 'smart antennas' and new advances in core technologies such as microelectronics are miniaturizing systems in weight and volume covering a wide frequency range. Smart film materials are being pursued to package together these wind ranging goals which are likely to find expression in the follow on to the Samyukta known as Sauhard being developed by DLRL.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles