DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Karthi

Country flag
Sagar defence also developed SkyDock.

IMG_20210502_150437.jpg
FB_IMG_1619947792061.jpg
IMG_20210502_150434.jpg
FB_IMG_1619947789892.jpg

SkyDock developed in collaboration with DRDO R&DE Engineers. SkyDock is an environmentally protected, fully autonomous charging and launching system aimed at automating UAV operations and providing near instantaneous response time.

SkyDock will prove its worth in applications like border security and surveillance, disaster management, search and rescue, law enforcement in urban areas, payload delivery.

The very first batch of drone docking station SkyDock have been installed and commissioned on site in India

IMG_20210502_150352.jpg

Sagar defence latest USV platform. it can use in bathymetry, exploration, tracking of large mammals or use them for ISR Ops. USV is powered by solar cells, achieving to have many days of maritime autonomy out at sea.

Chinmoy

Country flag
who the hell gets a feeling of deja vu over a defence related discussion except for retards.

this is 2021 not 1999. if are on defensive detterence, you prepare according to your enemy. even if the chinki cheese dont use the newly made A-300 mbrl with range over 200km to 250km. they can still use BRE3/ FD140A warhead rockets with a range of 130km. while both the pinaka and smerch have only a max range of 90km. they can still attack leh from g219 road. of course we can destroy them after but still they get to attack us first while we dont have a detterence weapon at standoff distance.
ATAGS is result of 1999 FARP.
Dhanush is a result of 1999 FARP.
M777 or ULH is result of 1999 FARP.
K9 Vajra is result of 1999 FARP.
MGS for which the RFI has been released recently is result of 1999 FARP.

So you see, basically IA don't give a two paki paisa damn to what you think.

talking about artillery guns. to have an increased range. you need to increase projectile velocity. artillery shells have a projectile barrel velocity of mach 3-5 depending on whether its howitzer or long barreled flat trajectory guns.
how the hell can you use flat trajectory guns in high mountain terrain. and how the hell can you increase the range of a howitzer, without increasing barrel length.

the more faster you want to launch the shells, the larger they have to be. because it depends on propellant surface area in contact. in otger words you cannot have a long straw like propellant. its should have a larger diameter, comparable to length maximum. l< or = to 7d. because propellant burning follows pioberts law. there is also helmholtz mixing at internal control surfaces of combustion gases during expansion. there are graphs of pressure vs time where it reaches a peak at certain milli seconds after which propellant burnout occurs before which the shell should leave the barrel.

long story short, the diameter of shell also has to increase if you want to increase length of barrel in turn also have more ammunition charges/ powder in turn the extra reinforcement at combustion section of the gun in turn more weight.

finally you will end up having a rail gun like schewer gustav weight 1350 tonnes with a range of 47km and rocket assisted range of over 120km to 150km (also by decreasing the explosive mass)

or the system 350 project babylon super gun by saddam hussein designed by canadian engg gerald bull. weight of 2100 tonnes with range of 1000km and 350mm bore.

or finally a soviet br 5 1939mortar of 280mm with a range of 10km weighting 18 tonnes.

good luck trying to achieve mach 7 to reach extended ranges cuz the steel or titanium barrel will be wrecked after a couple of shots. ramjet will only extend for a will since ramjet will kick in after some time of leaving the barrel. but still ramjet is mach 3 to 4 same as ordinary shell except there is continuous propulsion instead of a ballistic shot like the ordinary shells.

if you have any knowledge of rockect and spacecraft propulsions, turbomachinery for aircraft engines, armament engineering along with the ordinary mechanical engineering degree, you wouldnt talk nonsense.
Now for this part of your comment, I would rather put it under square bracket [ ] and multiply it with Ignorance.

Now when I said about Deja-Vu, I meant that this type of same stupid arguments has been posted by another member couple of pages back. Now if you are the same one with new name, then its a pathetic attempt from your side.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Why can't we not copy then these drones can be made by us but why is goi so incapable
Copying is not a solution. You can't replace it with the study and knowledge gained by R&D.

As I already mentioned in past, Turkey has a huge R&D base behind their MIC which they have achieved by JV with NATO in past. So they are not just Copy cats like Chinese.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
Having world class technology dosent guarantee your victory in war.
What is use of having f22 and f35 when you are defeated in Afghanistan.
What is use of having high end technology and defeated by Vietnam.
Even USSR was defeated in Afghanistan
Chinese performance in Vietnam is widely know.
No doubt we currently don't have perfect engine technology but if we use our resources in hand in right direction that is important in case of war
Afghanistan, Vietnam : it's only a lack of political support that reduces the effectiveness of the military operations. Same with USSR in Afganistan.

To win you need technology and soldiers on the ground. SInce WW2 everyone is reluctant to send troops on the ground, because it's difficult to justify the casualties. Even in ex USSR.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
Afghanistan, Vietnam : it's only a lack of political support that reduces the effectiveness of the military operations. Same with USSR in Afganistan.

To win you need technology and soldiers on the ground. SInce WW2 everyone is reluctant to send troops on the ground, because it's difficult to justify the casualties. Even in ex USSR.
Bro please ask your government to make another cartoon, porkistan will explode like a nuke.

Karthi

Country flag
drone-1_601cfa898da9a.png
ruav-iitk.jpg
Drone-IIT-Kanpur_601cfb120fda0.jpg

Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur Aeronautics department has developed an unmanned drone-helicopter, in collaboration with a startup named EndureAir.

It operates on petrol and can carry weight up to 5 kilograms. It is meant for long-endurance surveillance . Trials till the height of 11,500 feet have been successful. However, the engine keeps getting less powerful with increasing height. So, IIT Kanpur working on another version which will be battery-powered and can reach more heights. It will get ready in two to three months

NAAVIK auto-pilot for Helicopter drone has now been tested and proven. Attitude stabilization, height hold mode, translational rate command, GPS based position hold mode and way point navigation capability has been implemented and tested.

airstrike99

Country flag

Now for this part of your comment, I would rather put it under square bracket [ ] and multiply it with Ignorance.

Now when I said about Deja-Vu, I meant that this type of same stupid arguments has been posted by another member couple of pages back. Now if you are the same one with new name, then its a pathetic attempt from your side.

in few years, you will see 2023 FARP. but still in your mind 1999 FARP.:lehappy:

me : provides detailed explanation on why i said it that way.

the other person : "Now for this part of your comment, I would rather put it under square bracket [ ] and multiply it with Ignorance"

me :

fb7.jpg

yeah i'm an actual engineer with the fore mentioned qualifications(except for armament engineering, which i studied on my own, because there was no such course, however i have access to all those books, e-books, research papers related to defence, published in springer, elsevier, etc top scientific journal companies in my university) . if you cannot provide an argument, then just say you don't know.

typical " NOtiCE mE. SomEOne IS TryING To HarASS mE oNLINe usiNG mULtipLE ACcounTS "

i don't know with whom you had comment wars. i don't care too.

Ayushraj

Country flag

US fought for 20 years in Afghanistan and objective of dismantling taliban is still not achieved.
US fought for 20 years in Vietnam and still defeated.
We fought for 13 days and liberated Bangladesh.
US always focus upon military aspect in wining a war but soft power matters a lot. US spend trillions in Afghanistan just for weapon and not a single penny on development on life of afghan people.Humanitarian assistance also matters a lot

SavageKing456

Country flag
US fought for 20 years in Afghanistan and objective of dismantling taliban is still not achieved.
US fought for 20 years in Vietnam and still defeated.
We fought for 13 days and liberated Bangladesh.
US always focus upon military aspect in wining a war but soft power matters a lot. US spend trillions in Afghanistan just for weapon and not a single penny on development on life of afghan people.
I think proxy war is a different game all over
You need to identify source and annihilate it.
US was just killing talibanis and 1 gets killed 1000 are newly generated.
US never bombed Pakistan(the original funder)

Chinmoy

Country flag
in few years, you will see 2023 FARP. but still in your mind 1999 FARP.:lehappy:

me : provides detailed explanation on why i said it that way.

the other person : "Now for this part of your comment, I would rather put it under square bracket [ ] and multiply it with Ignorance"

me :

View attachment 87875

yeah i'm an actual engineer with the fore mentioned qualifications(except for armament engineering, which i studied on my own, because there was no such course, however i have access to all those books, e-books, research papers related to defence, published in springer, elsevier, etc top scientific journal companies in my university) . if you cannot provide an argument, then just say you don't know.

typical " NOtiCE mE. SomEOne IS TryING To HarASS mE oNLINe usiNG mULtipLE ACcounTS "

i don't know with whom you had comment wars. i don't care too.
As far as FARP is concerned, as I said, IA don't give a 2 paki paisa damn to your illogical comments and I don't give a 1 Paki paisa damn. You could sit in your own echo chamber and do the ranting.

Now since you have certified yourself to be an engineer, let me ask you a simple question. What would be the hardware implication of increasing the caliber of a tube artillery?

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles