DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

charlie

Country flag
so which is better SDR or link 16 . also what do u want to say about sdr developed by drdo.
Here I got a video where via sat and Harris building a product and I thought Apache in Indian airforce were using bel radio but it might be this radio that we are using.

this is the new radio I was talking about which is really good

Karthi

Country flag
Did tata manage to secure any orders for these? And (you seem like someone who could know) what is the present status of WhAP?
No export order till now for WhAP In my knowledge , it's cleared for export about 6 months ago . May be in the future it will get orders.

Maharashtra police and Jharkhand police using MPV s.

Last edited:

Karthi

Country flag
IoT device connected with the ring antenna..jpg

Internet of Things IoT device connected with the ring antenna.

Anna university proposed an IoT Controlled Reconfigurable Antenna for RF Harvesting.

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 44554

Not to be confused with drdo HBJ pod.

This one is a new compact electronic attack pod under development.

If developed successfully might end up with LCA etc
various jamming pods under development by drdo.
Untitled3.jpg

I think the pic u posted is of scaled down version of HBJ which will be used in lca and mwf.

Atcjurvin

I posted the above pic which you posted now long time back and they are the same.

No connection with HBJ which is wing tip mounted but this one is underslung .
So are they all same jamming pods or different depending upon bandwidth. Can u explain more about this jamming pod.

Karthi

Country flag
ESA20171208154301644.jpg

BEL C-Band Earth Station Antenna (ESA).

The 7 Mtr C-Band Earth Station Antenna (ESA) is designed for satellite communication operation in C-Band worldwide. The uniquely formed dual reflector Cass-grain system and close-tolerance manufacturing techniques provide an extremely accurate surface contour, exceptionally high gain and closely controlled pattern characteristics. This antenna offers a reflector design that incorporates precision-formed panels, truss radials and hub assembly using matched tooling for interchangeable components.

The reflector is supported by a galvanized elevation over azimuth kingpost pedestal that provides the required stiffness for pointing and tracking accuracy. The pedestals are designed for full orbital arc coverage and are readily adaptable to ground or rooftop installations. The light weight & stiff antenna is designed to perform under extreme wind loading conditions. The antenna has very low side lobes and cross-polarization performance to meet International Telecommunication Union (ITU) requirements.

FEATURES

High performance antenna patterns.

Qualified for 2º satellite spacing.

Programmable control system.

Self-aligning main reflector - No field alignment.

Stiff and rugged mount for accurate pointing.

porky_kicker

Country flag
So are they all same jamming pods or different depending upon bandwidth. Can u explain more about this jamming pod.
jam.jpg

Untitled3.jpg

Both of the pics are of the same pod.
I know that because I uploaded both the pics long time back.

It is a underslung pod to be carried under the wings or the fuselage.

Maximum no of aircrafts in IAF can carry it

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
5760383_img20170215083209_jpegad4ec831a2d0b74513eccf32b625089e.jpeg

This is the DRDO HBJ pod , DRDO replacement of the Russian SAP51A jammer pod that Moscow supplied with the Su-30MKI. After grappling for years with the pod, the IAF finally in 2015 realised it simply couldn’t use them for two reasons.

One, they were heavy and when slung onto wingtip hardpoints, they cut into flying envelope like a butcher’s knife.

The second issue IAF realised the SAP51A pod hadn’t been properly interfacing with the indigenous on-board radar warning receiver (RWR), therefore killing pilots’ chances to exploit both systems fully.

HBJ pod cannot be carried underslung , since it is designed to be mounted sideways onto the wingtips Su30MKI

Last edited:

fire starter

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
DRDO Indigenized Inertial Navigation System (INS) for Guns.

Inertial Navigation System (INS) based pointing and navigation systems are being used extensively in Artillery weapons and Armoured Fighting Vehicles. These systems are used for accurate navigation and pointing of weapon systems accurately. Inertial Navigation System consists of 3 rate gyros and 3 accelerometers mounted in 3 mutually perpendicular axes. The gyros are used for measuring the angular rate (deduced to obtain orientation) and accelerometers are required for instantaneous acceleration data (deduced to obtain distance) along the three mutually perpendicular axes.

Thus, INS is integrated with weapon system to perform the following functions.

Automatic measurement of position co-ordinates.

Orientation (with respect to North) of the weapon platform at the firing site without use of external reference.

Provide position, heading, attitude, velocity, waypoint information, status and time for navigational purpose.
FB_IMG_1585039515989.jpg

Global Defence

Articles