DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Looks like a SIGINT aircraft
Is it from DRDO ?
It is an airborne battlefield and ground surveillance aircraft based on bombardier global aircraft. It is for airborne ground surveillance , battle management , command and control etc

The was a requirement for 6 i think

Drdo is working with Raytheon according to old reports

Last edited:

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Bhaiyo aap sabka dar sach ho chuka hai
OFB pech kar rahe hai
FICV
Damn, the private sector gotta save the day now, because that's a piece of turd. Doesnt even look modern let alone futuristic.
That's nothing yet. It may actually get chosen off it clears trials. Based on BMP-2 it'll have logistic commonality worth existing setup.
Looks like one of those Chinese ones. :doh:

Atleast they added a lot of features... which can't be their development. It's not called Abhay Mark 2 either, means DRDO may still pitch another.

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Not as bad as the wheeled ICV they showed in the previous def expo, but look like it's going to fall apart. Knowing OFB it'll be expensive and production would go slow for a BMP remake.

That's nothing yet. It may actually get chosen off it clears trials. Based on BMP-2 it'll have logistic commonality worth existing setup.
Looks like one of those Chinese ones. :doh:

Atleast they added a lot of features... which can't be their development. It's not called Abhay Mark 2 either, means DRDO may still pitch another.
The latest Chinese models look a hell of a lot better, even their export models.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Bhaiyo aap sabka dar sach ho chuka hai
OFB pech kar rahe hai
FICV
Wtf are those pisk pisk sounds?
And seriously"Next generation world class FICV"

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Basically all OFB-made IFVs.
IMG_20200205_083319.jpg

Ok, that's enough wailing!

Let's have a look (It's ok, the thing slowly gets easier on eye).

Looks like they tried to go the BMP-3 way. It's too different from BMP-2, I don't think the existing ones can be modified to this. Not longer, but fattened... both hull & turret.
Screenshot_20200205_090351.jpg

Screenshot_20200205_075945.jpg

Should have considerable weight increase over original platform. Top speed still 80km/hr, so maybe a new engine, which could be why they expanded the front.

7 wheels, but hard to tell but front could have added composite armour, the turret too.
Screenshot_20200205_080416.jpg
Screenshot_20200205_080836.jpg

Video says this has STANAG-4 (.50) on sides, didn't mention frontal protection. BMP-2 has that on front & STANAG-2 (7.62×39) on sides.
FICV should have STANAG-6 (30mm) on front & top though. Also capability to take add-on slat & sideskirts.

The fuel tank cum rear doors for replaced by a single ramp-door.
Screenshot_20200205_082247.jpg

Video mentions it firing APFSDS, HE, HE(incendiary), HE Frag & proximity airburst. Automatic grenade-launcher too, but I couldn't find it. If someone can, do point it out.
Screenshot_20200205_092507.jpg

Last edited:

south block

up your a**
Country flag
So the kalayani vehicle is a JV with a South African company, disappointed I was absolutely going nuts over it.
What else did you thought that chetoos sellers are Boeing , Lockheed Martin even they take govt help :biggrin2:.

south block

up your a**
Country flag
OFB vehicle is a junk to --- I think army will go for krugntez 25 the way things are going.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles