DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Seriously ?

When you ask people not to quote a post in the very same post, still they will do the opposite and disregard the request

Enquirer

(Ok. Not quoting it. Not really sure what the intent is........)

I have serious doubts if this vehicle is indeed a 50 tonne A5 carrier.
The wheels don't appear like they can carry such a heavy load...even on a highway. Further a TEL would increase pressure on the rear wheels.

I don't know what it is.........but might speculate that it could be a lighter variant of Agni.

Enquirer

It engine might 'haul' 200 tonnes....provided the wheels can carry the load vis-a-vis the pressure.

On closer inspection, I see that there are 8 more wheels on the rear axle (between the visible outer wheels). So maybe it can withstand the 50 tonne load!
(At first glance it looked like a regular truck that carries shipping container....which are normally rated at around 35 tonnes)

porky_kicker

Country flag
It engine might 'haul' 200 tonnes....provided the wheels can carry the load vis-a-vis the pressure.

On closer inspection, I see that there are 8 more wheels on the rear axle (between the visible outer wheels). So maybe it can withstand the 50 tonne load!
(At first glance it looked like a regular truck that carries shipping container....which are normally rated at around 35 tonnes)
Why would anyone attach a engine which can pull 200 tons to a carrier which can't take the weight of same load the engine is rated to pull :shock:

Anyways

In the rear I can count 16 tires

In the front 8 + 2

porky_kicker

Country flag
kjlk.JPEG

Also this one intrigues me , i found this in a drdo journal long time back.

Note the size of the heavy load (which is the cannisterised article)

If the form factor of the system as depicted in the picture is correct

Then we can see that the dimensions of the cannister round is limited within the articulated frame when compared to other cannister based articles or naked articles all of which extends beyond the articulated arm.

If one were to take cognizance of this , it would possibly imply that work is going on to implement the K-4 into a land based launch system , considering the obvious fact that of all available missile systems of considerable range K-4 is the shortest and most compact of all, due to the simple fact that it has to be accomodated into the limited dimensions of a SSBN silo.

Readers discretion is advised , ain't responsible for accuracy of info

AnantS

Country flag
just for the sake of info
Ah very old old one .. wallmoon inc. Thanks

I dont know why India does not seem to preferring Russia/China style TELAR (which have ripped off Tatra Half Axle suspension - IIRC) .

porky_kicker

Country flag
Ah very old old one .. wallmoon inc. Thanks

I dont know why India does not seem to preferring Russia/China style TELAR (which have ripped off Tatra Half Axle suspension - IIRC) .
I am not informed enough to answer it , only somebody in the know can answer it definitively.

My guess mainly lack of tech and then operational doctrine , indian ones are not meant to go around galloping across the country . Too risky due to obvious reasons and fifth column. Also cost factor and simplicity of ops maybe a factor.

Though i believe in near future they will go for such systems provided the no of such systems requiring all wheel drive TELARs justifies the cost to develop them and set up a costly production line to churn them out in decent numbers.

AnantS

Country flag
My guess mainly lack of tech and then operational doctrine , indian ones are not meant to go around galloping across the country . Too risky due to obvious reasons and fifth column. Also cost factor and simplicity of ops maybe a factor.
I agree with your guess, I think Indian ones be it rail based or Tractor Trailer based are more designed to take advantage of Road Infra(whatever we have) and resemble(disgu ise) more of civilian load.

porky_kicker

Country flag
I agree with your guess, I think Indian ones be it rail based or Tractor Trailer based are more designed to take advantage of Road Infra(whatever we have) and resemble(disgu ise) more of civilian load.
Superficially you are correct but core reasons are something else can't discuss in a open forum

AnantS

Country flag
Superficially you are correct but core reasons are something else can't discuss in a open forum
ok no probs. availability of appropriate suspension and power pack(compact and powerful) is a roadblock - is my second guess. And please you need not tell me anything on this - infosec is priority

AnantS

Country flag
Also this one intrigues me , i found this in a drdo journal long time back.

Note the size of the heavy load (which is the cannisterised article)
This seems similar to very old grainy pictures of what seems like shaurya TEL

AnantS

Country flag
Don't think it is shourya because these are for the shourya ( wish i had the pic of the complete system for the newer one )
Ok pic which I was referring seemed to be similar to second one. Standing in front of Hangar or Workshop shed, again it was a public pic, which was found on many sites.

Do you remember a youtuber named kashsoldier? He did post interesting videos which later were removed many moons ago(12-14 yrs ago)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles