DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
DRDO new radar under development - dual panel long range multifunction radar.

cc3d2c67f (1).png

872ba4bc0f4 (1).jpeg

It is a static fixed radar and will work in tandem with the High power radar HPM which are also static fixed radars. Both the
radars will be AESA based.

7638126_hprfourwalls_png456a0b206fba683206a159bb09f3b648.png

7638127_highpowerradr_pngd20af05eaf75b95eacae6d28db32480d.png

My personal feeling is drdo LRMFR is a analogue to long range early warning radars but with additional functionalities.

porky_kicker

Country flag
7282399_df1qpovmaaxb1e_jpeg_jpeg11b47fc6df2ac94bb58e092f6eef9aab.jpeg

Another picture of the interior of an IA Carrier Command Post Tracked based on BMP-2 IFV developed by DRDO and operates with a crew of two. It is linked to Army ACCCS system consisting of Shakti Tactical Computers and STARS-5 Radios to designate targets , relay info and solution plotting.

porky_kicker

Country flag
7294055_2_jpegea571676ce9b75b0730a5d56350ae93e.jpeg

DRDO latest family of anti armour and anti personal munitions.

Soft Target Blast Munition ‘Nipun’,

Anti-Tank Point Attack Munition ‘Vibhav’,

Anti-Tank Bar Munition ‘Vishal’,

Directional Fragmentation Munition ‘Parth’,

Anti-Tank Munition ‘Prachand’ and

Jumping Fragmentation Munition ‘ulka’

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
View attachment 35433

DRDO latest family of anti armour and anti personal munitions.

Soft Target Blast Munition ‘Nipun’,

Anti-Tank Point Attack Munition ‘Vibhav’,

Anti-Tank Bar Munition ‘Vishal’,

Directional Fragmentation Munition ‘Parth’,

Anti-Tank Munition ‘Prachand’ and

Jumping Fragmentation Munition ‘ulka’
Here the Munition means mine >>>? say Bar Mine, Claymore mine, Blast mine etc .....:confused1:

I hope DRDO / OFB do not use old type of fuzes ... or users had it !!:daru:

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
I have strong reasons to believe that

6665641_img20180207224321_png6f9f98534c702de5e70c2eba0b6562e1.png

Naval Anti-Ship Missile - SR/MR will have anti ship multi EFP warhead , a first of its kind.

65235695c62c0 (1).jpeg

This picture above is a lab prototype

A anti ship multi EFP ( explosively formed penetrator ) warhead will on penetration of ship hull detonate multiple EFP bomblets to cause wide area damage at greater distances with multiple penetrators punching through reinforced bulkheads , machinery etc at very high velocities ( 3-6 mach ) inside the ship. Additionally the detonation of initial charge will create overpressure inside the confined interiors, which will contribute to the warheads overall lethality.

Advantage is greater lethality at greater distance and with considerably reduced weight of the warhead.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
This a fine configuration ....
Artillery command post, logistics vehicle, ambulances, communication vehicle, command post, engineer recce vehicles will not be in close contact with enemy and do not require great anti tank or anti personnel fire power except personal weapons.

Troops / commanders in those vehicles will not be required to fire while remaining mounted.

What these require is some protection and matching tracked mobility with other tracked A Vehicles - say with SP Artillery, Mechanised and armoured units, combat / assault engineers.
Therefore CCPT will fit the bill perfectly.

However, NAMICA are required to be a front line fighting vehicles rather than just a missile carrier. The doctrine demands potent mix of Atk and A/pers firepower. These carriers will be employed in multiple roles as first line vehicles ahead of main forces, on counter penetration lines, on the flanks and for establishment of firm base. Without main gun BMP-2 is just a "dabba" incapable of firing in anti personnel role, bunkers, pillboxes, in anti aircraft role etc. I did not notice even the firing ports.

Kindly show GSQR of NAMICA if you have one. I will be surprised.

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
View attachment 35434

A better picture of NAMICA
They really should mount it on an old T-55/72 hull instead of BMP-2.. It's not carrying infantry!
1-0-JjuEy-iu6Mk_yAVlX1Xg.jpeg
It should have adequate armour to stop atleast 30mm auto-cannon & lowest possible silhouette for housing the small crew.
Although ideally it should operate with the enemy 5-6km away at horizons, as an armored vehicle destroyer, it can be expected to be shot at.

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
They really should mount it on an old T-55/72 hull instead of BMP-2.. It's not carrying infantry!View attachment 35445It should have adequate armour to stop atleast 30mm auto-cannon & lowest possible silhouette for housing the small crew.
Although ideally it should operate with the enemy 5-6km away at horizons, as an armored vehicle destroyer, it can be expected to be shot at.
I would partially agree.... but for mobility factor ...

Recce and Support battalions as the name suggest have two major functions :

Recce - Equipped with BFSR like MBFSR, this component will detect, analyse and determine enemy armour and vehicular movements say upto 20 km inside the enemy territory. It would determine what is termed as " thrust Lines" and possible areas where this detected mass is to be within a given time frame, say after one hour. This Recce capability is used in defensive as also offensive operations alike.

Support = Support element of the force consist of ATk missiles and APers weapons. Their main tasks are :
* To Establish ATk / Missile base along the Expected Thrust lines (missile base means a mixture of long and short range ATk and APers weapons such as Missiles, Rocket Launchers, Atk mines Cannons and MMG / LMD.
* To cause attrition as far forward and into enemy territory successively till enemy contact main defences.
* To Channelise enemy into pre planned killing areas in conjunction with other ATk elements.
* To Thicken up or augment fire power of the main defences..
* Occupy counter penetration lines.
* Establish flank protection during offensive or offensive operations.
* To establish fire bases as part of fim bases.

Examining that broad employment pattern, I feel NAMICA should have been a composite powerful platform as a combination of missile launcher, 30mm cannon and Two MGs and Two 84mm RL. A combination of NAMICA and normal BMP-2 would be duplication of resources and efforts.

Presently, NAMICA appears to be a "dabba" carrying a missile launcher pod. Nothing else.

Mounting this on T-55 / T-59 chassis will adverse impact its mobility including obstacle tackling capability and result in reduced space required to carry additional troops.

aarav

जय परशुराम‍।
Country flag
They really should mount it on an old T-55/72 hull instead of BMP-2.. It's not carrying infantry!View attachment 35445It should have adequate armour to stop atleast 30mm auto-cannon & lowest possible silhouette for housing the small crew.
It could be amphibious capabilities of sarath as well as our high production capacity of sarath , amphibious capabilities come hand in North of Sutlej river for indian army
BMP-2-Satluj during Ex-Pine Prahar.jpg

Reactions: Kay

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Can CVRDE make a 120 Mortar Mounted Firing Platform from this Vehicle ? 120 Mortar Mounted BMP-2 ?

Reactions: Kay

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles