DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Enquirer

Possibly.
Their signature on sonar is similar to that of a submarine. A British warship killed three whales during Falklands War mistaking them for submarines.

It could also be meant for conservation of whales in open seas. Because otherwise species classification wouldn't be necessary...
If I have to hazard a guess:
They need the sonar signatures by the whale types, because different whale species have different signatures AND live/migrate in different regions.

As such, if the submarine is in a particular area where Species A whale is supposed to be found &they find its signature then it's very likely that it is indeed a whale. But if they find the signature of say Species D (which is not supposed to be there) then they could get suspicious and inspect it further....

Sorry....just my brain fart :)

porky_kicker

Country flag
Today later I am going to post the first ever pic of experimental lab prototype of DRDO HPM DEW system. ( A DRDO lab project so the obvious conclusion by me )

First I would like to clarify the test setup in the pic is part of a experimental investigation towards realisation of a system which in future can generate gigawatts level of high power microwave.

Also it is at its early stages and the final product might be different ( obvious conclusion )

What will remain is the relevant core technologies which will be refined over the development cycle in terms of efficiency at the desired output level of HPM.

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
India's largest outdoor RS105 EMP test facility as per MILSTD 461F/G.

The facility is still under construction.

Proposed system will meet the compliance testing for RS105 as per the MIL standards with generated test levels of upto 50 KV/m and covering the EUT test volume of 18m X 13m X 3m enough to test large defence and civilian systems.

Untitled7.jpg

Untitled8.jpg

That CGI looks like the usual Agni TEL

Untitled9.jpg

Untitled10.jpg

Untitledx.jpg

Untitled11.jpg

Untitledxx.jpg

The location is Visakhapatnam

porky_kicker

Country flag
Untitled12.jpg

The above pic is interesting

It shows the electric field distribution due to HEMP generated due to a nuke exploding over Bangalore at an altitude of 30km.

The bow shape is due to influence by the local geomagnetic field

All Bangaloreans kindly take due note , and install some heavy duty earth grounding equipments at your home's unless god forbid you want to end up like this :scared2:

xshock.jpg.pagespeed.ic.AaatbhxFoz.jpg

On second thought given the track record of jai chands in Indian government , it will be prudent for all Indians to install heavy duty grounding equipment just in case :hat:

Last edited:

porky_kicker

Country flag
Untitled.jpg

It is a experimental guided wave NEMP ( nuclear EMP ) stimulator setup which generates 50 KV/m to gauge the vurnerability of RF and LAN network cables.

The recorded maximum voltage and current under worse case conditions will be used for designing protection circuit for HEMP for systems which employ such cables.

Enquirer

View attachment 31696

TEL without the missiles :doh:

I guess Nirbhay will have to wait for the new engines
Trishul dude is saying there will be no ground launched version of Nirbhay inducted into operations - but only air-launched & submarine launched ones! (the current TEL is supposed to be for test purposes only)

Does this make any sense?

Per DRDO there are at least 11 different configurations of Nirbhay missile...

porky_kicker

Country flag
Untitled5.jpg

Experimental setup of compact HPEM (WB) system

The HPEM system consists of a HV power supply , a HV pulse generator , a discone antenna with a spark gap at the feed in compact size and a 1.8 m parabolic antenna to direct the feed.

It can generate field strength 300 KV/m at 1 m and magnitude spectrum had peak amplitude at 1.4 GHz with band width 400 MHz.

It was developed by RCI for performing vulnerability studies on various types of electronic systems.

Enquirer

Trishul guy is a tukka master .

The guy is not even a indian citizen , citizenship of some British dependency as per himself. And he claims to go on reccon missions along Chinese and porkistan border lol.

His only credit is his collection of pictures due to his press credentials otherwise not worth the time.

On a different topic have you noted his disdain for Hinduism and lord ram which he shows without fail without going full retard and his reverence towards Mohammed and Islam , he has till date never critised them with the same passion which he shows for Indic religions.

The guys is a convert I am sure , he was based in Malaysia for a long time.

He heavily moderates his comment section.

I don't like him , he gives me a bad vibe.

But then I could be wrong or maybe I could be right.
I too never reposed much faith in his commentary, predictions & analysis.

He does seem to pontificate on politics, religion and every sundry topic under the sun - all of which comments I don't even bother reading. I sometimes skim thru the real defense related posts...knowing full well that much of his take on the defense is also bogus!

But the tragedy is that most of the defense journalists are all like him - spinning nonsense! So, a curious mind has no option but to consume nonsense from as many sources as possible and then engage in the arduous exercise of mining sense from that pile :)

And I do agree that his pics are some of the best. Even when he goes to the expos, he does snap some good pictures.

The trouble is that when there are 1000s of folks involved in a project (a vast majority are not even the decision makers), these journos snag the opinion of one low level dude and then run with it as the cardinal truth!

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
View attachment 31842

Experimental setup of compact HPEM (WB) system

The HPEM system consists of a HV power supply , a HV pulse generator , a discone antenna with a spark gap at the feed in compact size and a 1.8 m parabolic antenna to direct the feed.

It can generate field strength 300 KV/m at 1 m and magnitude spectrum had peak amplitude at 1.4 GHz with band width 400 MHz.

It was developed by RCI for performing vulnerability studies on various types of electronic systems.
Very good information regarding emp.
Well tell me the damage it can make if the system is inducted.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

aritro datta

Country flag
View attachment 30543

Interesting wind tunnel model under testing.

Seems to me like DRDO is developing a earth penetrator / bunker buster ordinance.

Interestingly it has grid/lattice fins. Greater controllability at high AoA ?

I always used to wonder why DRDO did not invest in conventional purpose built systems to take out hardened underground complexes
IS THIS CONFIRMED IMAGE FROM DRDO?? WHERE DID YOU GET THIS??

Articles