DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

standard snowball

Country flag
Also, why is the aspect ratio and quality of the images on the Indian website wrong?🙃
Indian govt. websites are horrible in part due to govt bureaucracy and regulations passed in the early days of internet regarding how a website should look which were never updated (our websites design is dictated by design regulations passed in early 2000s) and in part due to institutional corruption and unwillingness to not having to manage one extra thing.

standard snowball

Country flag
How does India develop and use MANPAD?
I would also like to know the effectiveness of MANPAD itself.
India uses Soviet Igla MANPADs and is developing an indigenous MANPAD called VSHORAD

Regarding how MANPADS are employed, they are mostly used for shooting down low flying targets like helicopters and not extensively used by the Indian Army,

As for their efficacy I am of the belief that they are highly relevant in Urban warfare (as shown in the early days of the Ukraine war) and very useful against low flying targets like Helicopters, and in the coming future against slow moving drones like Shahed 136

KaiGenji

Country flag
India uses Soviet Igla MANPADs and is developing an indigenous MANPAD called VSHORAD

Regarding how MANPADS are employed, they are mostly used for shooting down low flying targets like helicopters and not extensively used by the Indian Army,

As for their efficacy I am of the belief that they are highly relevant in Urban warfare (as shown in the early days of the Ukraine war) and very useful against low flying targets like Helicopters, and in the coming future against slow moving drones like Shahed 136
I see.
So you are saying that SAMs and Air Force fighters will be used to deal with fighter and transport aircraft?

KaiGenji

Country flag
I see.
So you are saying that SAMs and Air Force fighters will be used to deal with fighter and transport aircraft?
This is a great reminder that India is truly a great power with a solid position and national strength in the world.

karn

Country flag
I see.
There is a large inventory of Soviet air defence . The entire lot is being replaced by local systems .
Akash series
Medium range sam

For the future
Next generation akash

Quick reaction missile for low level raiders and cruise missiles

For ballistic missile defence

There is also a project to supplement s400 but not enough details in the public domain.

KaiGenji

Country flag

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
How does India develop and use MANPAD?
I would also like to know the effectiveness of MANPAD itself.
India is making mpdms ,the first man portable air defence system,
We have successfully developed
1. Akash sam
2. Mrsam ,jointly with isarel
3. Qrsam ( in trial)
4. Akash ng ( in trial)
5. Bmd phase 1 ( allegedly in service)

So our mpdms is something different from old age manpads like igla and Pakistanis manpads .

The MPDMS will have a Dual-band infrared homing seeker, with fire and forget capability

KaiGenji

Country flag
India is making mpdms ,the first man portable air defence system,
We have successfully developed
1. Akash sam
2. Mrsam ,jointly with isarel
3. Qrsam ( in trial)
4. Akash ng ( in trial)
5. Bmd phase 1 ( allegedly in service)

So our mpdms is something different from old age manpads like igla and Pakistanis manpads .

The MPDMS will have a Dual-band infrared homing seeker, with fire and forget capability
ok

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles