DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Chinmoy

Country flag
Only 600 mines..Rest 4000 nos requirement must have kept aside for emergency requirment to be procured from some Phoren Country..

Smart Avenger GenRolls..
Don't mind me saying this, but I think you do seriously lack grey matters down there. Your comment on number of Pralay and Vibhav has forced me to think so.

Azaad

Country flag
Thora Patience bhai, this is in addition to already ordered 370 Pralay Missiles(25 Dec 2022-120 + 15 April 2023-250).

It's a good thing you've posted the entire break up as like most members I'm not keeping track of the procurements in any great detail. While we certainly need Pralays in the thousands, I'm not sure what are we doing about the MRBM / IRBM category.

Shaurya missile which falls under this category has been handed over to the SFC which evidently means it is nuclear tipped. Barring SRBMs upto ~500 kms, we've nothing in our inventory as far as 500 - 3000 kms category is concerned in as far as conventional missiles go.

This is a very worrying development as if there's no deterrence China could target our hinterland with missiles ranging between 500-3000 kms armed with conventional warheads thus keeping the entire exchange within the threshold of N escalation.

Our security managers, if they've gotten out of their mindset of deterrence thru denial think that what begins on the LAC will stay on the LAC.

Chinmoy

Country flag
It's a good thing you've posted the entire break up as like most members I'm not keeping track of the procurements in any great detail. While we certainly need Pralays in the thousands, I'm not sure what are we doing about the MRBM / IRBM category.

Shaurya missile which falls under this category has been handed over to the SFC which evidently means it is nuclear tipped. Barring SRBMs upto ~500 kms, we've nothing in our inventory as far as 500 - 3000 kms category is concerned in as far as conventional missiles go.

This is a very worrying development as if there's no deterrence China could target our hinterland with missiles ranging between 500-3000 kms armed with conventional warheads thus keeping the entire exchange within the threshold of N escalation.

Our security managers, if they've gotten out of their mindset of deterrence thru denial think that what begins on the LAC will stay on the LAC.
Shaurya is an SRBM rather then IRBM.

A1, A2, A4 and AP are our IRBMs/MRBMs.

Prithvi, Shaurya, Pralay are SRBMs.

Azaad

Country flag
Shaurya is an SRBM rather then IRBM.

A1, A2, A4 and AP are our IRBMs/MRBMs.

Prithvi, Shaurya, Pralay are SRBMs.
Shaurya has a range between 700-1500 kms with reports of up to 2000 kms with a reduced payload.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Thora Patience bhai, this is in addition to already ordered 370 Pralay Missiles(25 Dec 2022-120 + 15 April 2023-250).

A little correction. This 100 missile is the first trance of 120 missiles which MoD cleared in December 22. In April 23, proposal has been put forward for 250 more missiles. It has yet to be cleared.

Javelin_Sam

Country flag
All orders for Pralay are just proposals and nothing has been cleared by CCS. IIRC order above 1000 crore requires clearance of CCS. Also such large orders will also be reported by DPSUs in their info to stock markets regulators
By this logic, we will not be having any Agni series, Shaurya missiles in our arsenal. The Chinese are stuck contemplating an attack on us in LAC since Galwan are fools.

Azaad

Country flag
Actually you would also know it if you look into it from a technical POV rather then a fanboy POV.
Instead of wasting each other's valuable time & bandwidth on ad hominems post your explanation with CREDIBLE references & let people be the judge.

johnj

From my understanding, its just land launched K-15. K-15 range with 1000kg warhead is >700km, stands to reason it can go more with lower warhead.
That's true, but there is no point in having a lower warhead with less accuracy.
Maximum range with useful warhead[mini nuke] is around 1500km.
Shaurya is a hypersonic quasi ballistic missile which rolls.
Agni P with a range between 1000 km to 2000km with a payload 1500kg.
The important fact - all these are doomsday weapons, in other words, zero use in war, only for psychological warfare.
For long range artillery force, IA need LRLACM like tomahawk etc, such weapons provide extreme high accuracy

factfigures

Country flag
All orders for Pralay are just proposals and nothing has been cleared by CCS. IIRC order above 1000 crore requires clearance of CCS. Also such large orders will also be reported by DPSUs in their info to stock markets regulators
The AoNs/RFPs for such strategic acquisitions will never be declared in public. Eg The Rs 45,000 Cr DAC AoN on 15 Sep 23 mentions nine capital acquisition cases. The details have been given for only seven. The seven cases account for just 50% of the AoN.

Raj Malhotra

Country flag
DAC clearance is just one step. It can be years or decades before CCS approval & contract signature. Pralay is tactical system, its production order will be reported by BDL, BEL, HAL, BMEL etc. As these Cos who will get major orders, are listed Cos

factfigures

Country flag
DAC clearance is just one step. It can be years or decades before CCS approval & contract signature. Pralay is tactical system, its production order will be reported by BDL, BEL, HAL, BMEL etc. As these Cos who will get major orders, are listed Cos
I don't agree. The companies will not report. You can check if any company reported production of any of the Strategic Equipment. Even these companies have been supplying the prototypes for trials. These are always muted.
Yes. DAC clearance is one step. But till the time that step is not taken, there is no move in that direction.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles