DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Alamarathan

Country flag
Last week i saw a media report of iit delhi has developed a lightweight"BPJ" but the accompanying picture showed ballistics plates along with plate career,i was confused.
Is it a bpj or ballistic plate?
If its indeed a ballistic plate,what was it made up of? Steel or ceramic?

If someone could shed a light on that would be appreciated, TIA✌

RedHood108

Country flag
is this confirmed? even taiwan numah one is denying it

Can't confirm.

But a bigger question is does Taiwan really has the capacity to locate the presence of a Chinese SSN. Because detection would anyways be the death sentence for any SSN during war time.

Even if the SSN has had an accident. It would take some time before they can verify it's location.

Lonewarrior

Country flag

Poland is on a buying spree. 96 apaches costing 12 billion. wtf. can their economy take it?
Yup, kinda.

If you see by value then it seem humongous...but the trick is that almost all the purchases they're doing is debt purchase. Poland has a debt to GDP ratio of roughly 45% which is way lower than what other countries have; USA has 120% and we have 80%.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The India's growing domestic Military capabilities is arguably the decisive factor in the growth of these ties. As India's AD and counter drone programs expand, these relationships are only going to grow deeper.

images - 2023-08-22T141517.404.jpeg

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars The India's growing domestic Military capabilities is arguably the decisive factor in the growth of these ties. As India's AD and counter drone programs expand, these relationships are only going to grow deeper.

View attachment 219164
I know I may sound weird ignoring the loss of lives no matter on which side but I guess the first prerequisite of this industry is being sadist so...another Azerbaijan - Armenia clash is all that we need now.

As soon as videos of Pinaka or Akash would get released in open sphere the demands of such system would really kick in. We're in or will be in quite a cut-throat competition with the Turks as both our target markets are same.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
I know I may sound weird ignoring the loss of lives no matter on which side but I guess the first prerequisite of this industry is being sadist so...another Azerbaijan - Armenia clash is all that we need now.

As soon as videos of Pinaka or Akash would get released in open sphere the demands of such system would really kick in. We're in or will be in quite a cut-throat competition with the Turks as both our target markets are same.
Would be great if Armenia also bought anti drone capability cause akash will be sitting ducks against there loitering munitions and I wanna see atags in action too

RedHood108

Country flag
On path to achieve #Aatmanirbharta in #DefenceSector, #IndianArmy has signed a contract with @larsentoubro for procurement of 5-meter Short Span Bridges. The state of the art mechanically launched bridging system will enhance mobility of mechanised columns over obstacles in short time frame & strengthen the operational capability of #IndianArmy.
twitter.com_153723274.jpg

Chinmoy

Country flag
Last week i saw a media report of iit delhi has developed a lightweight"BPJ" but the accompanying picture showed ballistics plates along with plate career,i was confused.
Is it a bpj or ballistic plate?
If its indeed a ballistic plate,what was it made up of? Steel or ceramic?

If someone could shed a light on that would be appreciated, TIA✌
BPJ with HAP and SAP carrier.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars What's you Opinion on this about a Heavy Armoured Power Exoskeleton.

Power source is a huge issue. The higher weight capacity and longer running Exoskeleton you want...the heavier battery you'd need to carry. So unless we achieve some breakthrough in battery technology, things are pretty bleak from a military point of view.

That being said, powered Exoskeleton (remember just Exoskeleton, not armoured because armour would so heavy that it'd kinda defeat the whole point of that Exoskeleton) still has two very promising role in the military.

> A wired Exoskeleton for support activity in a base. If connected to a power outlet then you can reach the full potential of such Exoskeleton suit without much worry about batteries running out or heavy weight. These kind of suits can come handy in tasks like arming planes, loading - unloading heavy caro, maintenance of vehicle, etc.

> A lighter rudimentary Exoskeleton that works from the waist downwards. Not armoured or any other quirk...just a simple contraption to support the weight carried on back without putting strain on the knees. This kind of set-up would be good for guys like radio operator, demolition or paramedic who usually carry their specialized equipment on the cost of not carrying the usual battle load.

But as I said, the whole arena of this specific military technology depends solely on the R&D of a more power dense battery system. Until that happens the best you could get are these three Super Soldiers from Ghana
Screenshot_2023-08-22-17-11-53-34_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Power source is a huge issue. The higher weight capacity and longer running Exoskeleton you want...the heavier battery you'd need to carry. So unless we achieve some breakthrough in battery technology, things are pretty bleak from a military point of view.

That being said, powered Exoskeleton (remember just Exoskeleton, not armoured because armour would so heavy that it'd kinda defeat the whole point of that Exoskeleton) still has two very promising role in the military.

> A wired Exoskeleton for support activity in a base. If connected to a power outlet then you can reach the full potential of such Exoskeleton suit without much worry about batteries running out or heavy weight. These kind of suits can come handy in tasks like arming planes, loading - unloading heavy caro, maintenance of vehicle, etc.

> A lighter rudimentary Exoskeleton that works from the waist downwards. Not armoured or any other quirk...just a simple contraption to support the weight carried on back without putting strain on the knees. This kind of set-up would be good for guys like radio operator, demolition or paramedic who usually carry their specialized equipment on the cost of not carrying the usual battle load.

But as I said, the whole arena of this specific military technology depends solely on the R&D of a more power dense battery system. Until that happens the best you could get are these three Super Soldiers from Ghana
View attachment 219194
Ya'll Nibbiars There a Solution but highly likely not going to be liked by many RTG's, knew it has many drawbacks but also has many advantages.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Ya'll Nibbiars There a Solution but highly likely not going to be liked by many RTG's, knew it has many drawbacks but also has many advantages.
Yup...it's kind of like a huge city where you know everything is excellent, almost all the current problems you face have a solution there...but the only nuance is that to reach that city you need to cross a small stream and there's no bridge.

This stream is our current battery technology and that bridge would be a higher power density battery.
From better Laser Aiming Module to Powered Exoskeleton to individual level radar to coil guns...everything's waiting for a better battery.

binayak95

Country flag
Not with how energy inefficient current day power gen systems are.

We really need some cold fusion shit to get this done in a meaningful manner.
If the rumours of a room temp superconductor are true then we might have a MJOLNIR type suit in 30 years