DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Aniruddha Mulay

Lonewarrior

Country flag
I seriously wonder how it can operate at an altitude of 35,000ft when the engine manufacturer itself claims that the max rated operating altitude for the Rotax 915 iS engine is 23,000ft.
23,000ft : is the altitude limitation for (1) normal, (2) manned and (3) civilian flight with a (4) considerable safety margin.

35,000ft : is the altitude you get when it's (1) turbo - supercharged, (2) unmanned and (3) flying for military with a (4) small safety margin.

This thing is quite common in UAV world. For example; the manufacturer's altitude limitation for Rotax 912 is 25,000ft but the same Rotax 912 powered General Atomics ALTUS drone has regularly achieved 55,000ft altitude.

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Anyday better than a syntex tank with a gun on top mounted on a truck. I would name syntex tank as dementour, as the vision of it sucks all the joy in life out of me.
Well not really...they're completely different weapon platform. They're supposed to complement each other by doing what the other is inefficient at doing.

That Syntex tank with a gun is designed only to shoot down incoming missiles and aircraft because if you'd be using it to shoot incoming boats then you'd wasting too much ammo and that to inaccurately.
On the other hand this thing is supposed to engage only surface threats like FACs as it's accurate and slow, making it easier to land precise 10-15 shots. You can't shoot a missile with this.

SUPERPOWER

Country flag

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Meanwhile Hungry, Cash Starved, Poor, Unhygenic, Uneducated, Iilleterate, No IITians, No Doctarates
..NORTH KOREANS.🤣🤣🤣

Well I don't think that's a very holistic approach of seeing something. I mean sure if I ask you that whether you want the kind of UAV technology they have, here in India or not your answer is always going to be yes.

But what if I ask you that whether you want a health care system like North Korea here in India or not? Or freedom of expression?

NutCracker

Country flag

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Entire light tank saga,

i fucking remember when choyna had shown their Type-15 and Doklam bakchodi happened i was advocating for our own light tanks on teligram, sadly those chats got deleted by some other members by mistake but @aditya10r can vouch he was there - and some other members kept reminding me WE HAB DEPLOYED TIN-72 IN HIMALAYAN REGIONS WE NO NEED LIGHT TANKS HURR DURR 🤷‍♂️

then galwan and further pangong tso lake things happened and i further said we need light tanks but...TIN-72 IN LADAKH VROO....

and once we got a bloody nose in galwan+pangong tso incident etc the army got sudden ;gyaan; that they need Light Tanks and this Zoravar project was being prepped up 😒

worse it when we already were manufacturing that L7 105mm cannon that powered so many tanks and fighting vehicles with guns we are IMPOOOORTING some same calibre cockerill 105mm turret with muh autoloader and hurr durr...nigah just put these ammo-pusher drives things from existing tech we have here from Tin-72, Tin-90ASS productions etc on a modernized Vijayanta turret etc put some electronics sensors cameras etc whatever you want and get done with it

Same thing can AND SHOULD also be put on WhAP platform to make Stryker M1128 MGS like vehicle here but... 🤷‍♂️

(crosspost from light tank thread because it infuriates me to the core MENE TOH BOLA THAA...)

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Entire light tank saga,

i fucking remember when choyna had shown their Type-15 and Doklam bakchodi happened i was advocating for our own light tanks on teligram, sadly those chats got deleted by some other members by mistake but @aditya10r can vouch he was there - and some other members kept reminding me WE HAB DEPLOYED TIN-72 IN HIMALAYAN REGIONS WE NO NEED LIGHT TANKS HURR DURR 🤷‍♂️

then galwan and further pangong tso lake things happened and i further said we need light tanks but...TIN-72 IN LADAKH VROO....

and once we got a bloody nose in galwan+pangong tso incident etc the army got sudden ;gyaan; that they need Light Tanks and this Zoravar project was being prepped up 😒

worse it when we already were manufacturing that L7 105mm cannon that powered so many tanks and fighting vehicles with guns we are IMPOOOORTING some same calibre cockerill 105mm turret with muh autoloader and hurr durr...nigah just put these ammo-pusher drives things from existing tech we have here from Tin-72, Tin-90ASS productions etc on a modernized Vijayanta turret etc put some electronics sensors cameras etc whatever you want and get done with it

Same thing can AND SHOULD also be put on WhAP platform to make Stryker M1128 MGS like vehicle here but... 🤷‍♂️

(crosspost from light tank thread because it infuriates me to the core MENE TOH BOLA THAA...)
Are you talking about something based on common sense?

Like inducting a modded TAR in place of whatever AK-203 or AK-103M we are getting? Or basing the DRDO SMART on a more "manageable" missile like Prahaar which can be easily integrated on VLS instead of the current humongous Pralay? Or going for a smoothbore gun on Arjun, or even upgrading it when we already have been using smoothbore guns since 80s? Or like not buying S-400 system from Russia when we already had or almost have all the components of it in the form of LRSAM/AD-1/AD-2?

If yes, then I'm sorry...we don't use common sense much here in India. Be it the defence forces or MoD or research organisations.

Articles