DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Steven Rogers

NaPakiRoaster
Country flag
Okay, leave that. Let's talk about some "developed nations" creating their own fighter jets. Let's do a fill-in-the-blanks for you.

Sweden - Gripen - Engine - ___ ?
South Korea - KF-21 (Stealth) - Engine - ___ ?
Japan - F-2 (F-16 clone) - Engine - ___ ?
Turkey - TAI Kaan (Stealth) - Engine ___ ?

Got the answer? How many of them scored indigenous engines?
India shouldn't be compared with Sweden,SK,Jap,or turkey. They are small countries and they will never try to recreate something which is already available for them in the market from their allies. India can't risk in just importing the most obvious and important key to our ambitions in aviation sector. We need our own turbofan for sure.

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
People shitting on IAF for things those poor guys don't even deserve is the funniest shit 🤣 jet shortage ? Blame airforce, Tejas program has delays ? Blame IAF mig 21 crashes? blame IAF kaveri program ? Blame IAF.people don't come out of their tunnel vision to see that it's governments from 90s to present who were not needing to IAFs demands of acquiring new jets ,rampant buerocracy and our system along with the PSUs and to a degree IAF that caused all this problems in the first place.
Trust me, even I used to be like you, our armed forces are untouchable, the are holy and can never put a foot wrong, if they demand imports then they must have a valid reason etc ..but the more I read news and more I put two and two together, and esp. the more I read from esteemed members of DFI, I realised that there is indeed a corrupt lobby in the top brass of the armed forces which wants only imports and kill the nascent MIC of our country,just to earn kickbacks and retire in comfort abroad. It's high time the GoI, MoD and Armed forces are cornered by us "bloody civilians" on this and asked questions, after all it's our hard earned tax payers money innit ?
Also notice how not a single msm channel ever ever questions this ? Very deplorable.
You are free to think it's all a conspiracy theory and live as a jai ho member, saying sab changi si, good luck

johnj

Trust me, even I used to be like you, our armed forces are untouchable, the are holy and can never put a foot wrong, if they demand imports then they must have a valid reason etc ..but the more I read news and more I put two and two together, and esp. the more I read from esteemed members of DFI, I realised that there is indeed a corrupt lobby in the top brass of the armed forces which wants only imports and kill the nascent MIC of our country,just to earn kickbacks and retire in comfort abroad. It's high time the GoI, MoD and Armed forces are cornered by us "bloody civilians" on this and asked questions, after all it's our hard earned tax payers money innit ?
Also notice how not a single msm channel ever ever questions this ? Very deplorable.
You are free to think it's all a conspiracy theory and live as a jai ho member, saying sab changi si, good luck
What MIC, there is no MIC in India without Imported tech, we import to keep our MIC alive, mainly Russian, followed by EU/UK and Israel, we still need to import billion $ of weapons to keep our MIC alive, total shame to DRDO, ADA, DPSU, and OFBs, and OFB is the worst, but you dig further, its IAS, ministers were actually responsible, BIGGEST EX- AK103 and US weapons, Talwar
Majority of OFB demand Russian weapons, DPSU choose between EU, UK, Israel and Russia weapons, Private considering remaining options, but all choose OFB, DPSU to sell their weapons to India, DRDO and other R&D organization totally alien and Indian Armed forces choose the things in front of them mostly.
T90 and Arjun both made in India, su30mki and lca and by HAL, and these Indian companies choose foreign ones, for ex HAL made multi offer for additional su30mki but IAF rejected all , which forced HAL to develop mk1a. GSL and HSL depend on Russian tech, MDL work with Italian firm, BDL offering Italian, UK products
On the other hand our R&Ds units like DRDO, ADA requesting funds for new labs, test facilities, equipment's for their research and to build prototype etc Indian ministers, Civil servants had no issue to spend 10s bil $ to buy foreign weapons but having serious issues when spending money in R&D, forcing Indian Armed Forces to choose foreign weapons. If you look at foreign weapons purchased bu India by value, most of the weapons chosen by Politicians not Military, including m777, P8, talwar, c130 etc

Azaad

Country flag
Totally true becz USAF, JASDF & ROCAF could wipe out Chinese AF and Navy and only thing left for Chinese are SAMs and AD guns
So Chinese SAMs can down all the US & allied FAs & US + allied SAMs would be watching PLAAF gain total air dominance . Interesting !

Azaad

Country flag
Its a joke
total air dominance - where ??
Read the article you quoted again. You agreed with what's written there writing totally true & then proceeded to construct the opposite scenario. Seeing totally true I wrote what I did .

Gyyan

Country flag
Read the article you quoted again. You agreed with what's written there writing totally true & then proceeded to construct the opposite scenario. Seeing totally true I wrote what I did .
You talk as if US will only be defending it will be raining missiles on Chinese bases too.

Azaad

Country flag
You talk as if US will only be defending it will be raining missiles on Chinese bases too.
What're you talking about ? Where did I claim that ? Are you sure you've quoted the right post here ?

johnj

They want to ramp up no of missiles seeing the Russia-Ukraine war is my guess.
No, More funds for R&D, hypersonic weapon, Invisible tech. 6th gen fighter , new bomber, KEW, autonomous Killing machine etc and in large nos. to American casualties
US having largest stockpile of conventional weapons, enough to wipe out Chinese military

johnj

My mistake. I misread
Anyways the article says about Chinese conventional weapons, currently Chinese having second largest stockpile of conventional weapons, which can easily overwhelm SAMS and destroy 70% of US and its allies AF deployed in SK, Japan, Taiwan
But no country use a major portion of its conventional weapon in first day or war,

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles