DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
If iaf radars can track small rc plane s then definitely it can track small uavs and loitering weapons

Fatalis

Country flag
20221019_095401-1.jpg

PDC is expected to be completed by July 2023. Then may be we can see some movement on LRLACM.

There are three versions:
1. Nirbhay-OG: Uses Russian engine. News is that it is in service with IA in limited numbers.

2. ITCM-TD: As name suggests it is a Technology Demonstrator with higher indeginous content and desi STFE.

3. LRLACM: The new kid on the block. 1500+ km range missile being developed for IN and IAF.

It is interesting to note that LRLACM is not being developed for IA. May be the Rocket Force will come into effect and remove the service' control.

Fatalis

Country flag
View attachment 209917

PDC is expected to be completed by July 2023. Then may be we can see some movement on LRLACM.

1. Nirbhay-OG: Uses Russian engine. News is that it is in service with IA in limited numbers.

2. ITCM-TD: As name suggests it is a Technology Demonstrator with higher indeginous content and desi STFE.

3. LRLACM: The new kid on the block. 1500+ km range missile being developed for IN and IAF.

It is interesting to note that LRLACM is not being developed for IA. May be the Rocket Force will come into effect and remove the service' control.
When it says LRLACM for IAF then I think it will be two versions: 1. Air launched 2. Land launched.

Looks like IA will not have the LRLACM in its inventory.

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 209917

So lr-lacm basically based on itcm-td

jai jaganath

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When it says LRLACM for IAF then I think it will be two versions: 1. Air launched 2. Land launched.

Looks like IA will not have the LRLACM in its inventory.
Why aren't they ordering og nirbhay with Russian engine

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Why don't we publish impact footage of these weapns like Iran does.
I don't think there is a single impact picture of prithvi or brahmos tbh
@Lonewarrior
Brahmos

Based on these pics...

We know length of Brahmos is 28feet..

Dimensions based on the mushroom in the last pic...

Base of the mushroom is atleast 90-100 feet.

Height of fireball is atleast 200 feet.

Width of the fireball is atleast 250 feet..

Wow... That's quite a big bang..

I still want to see impact of Brahmos on a hardened bunker and a runway someday...

AnantS

Country flag
That's 2021 news I believe. Read again, it's DMRL which has used 2k T press to forge Titanium alloy disc.
No where it's mentioned that this is from Midhani. What I mentioned is from the recent interaction with someone. I may be wrong. But it's rated more then 2000 MT.
what the excerpt says that DMRL transferred technology to MIDHANI. But again as you said that the excerpt was from 2021.

If the claim of building 2nd Highest Isothermal Press holds any water then its should have capability of more than 4500T.

From: https://www.reliableplant.com/Read/819/ladish-to-build-new-isormal-forging-press-
"Ladish currently has two isothermal presses, one rated at 4,500 tons and the world's largest, rated at 10,000 tons. "Ladish has always been at the vanguard ..."

Chinmoy

Country flag
what the excerpt says that DMRL transferred technology to MIDHANI. But again as you said that the excerpt was from 2021.

If the claim of building 2nd Highest Isothermal Press holds any water then its should have capability of more than 4500T.

From: https://www.reliableplant.com/Read/819/ladish-to-build-new-isormal-forging-press-
"Ladish currently has two isothermal presses, one rated at 4,500 tons and the world's largest, rated at 10,000 tons. "Ladish has always been at the vanguard ..."
DMRL has done a ToT of Isothermal forging, not of the forge itself. DMRL achieved it with 2000MT forge. They have nowhere done ToT for the 2000MT forge.

As I already mentioned, I heard that it was around 4000T forge which they developed. But you already provided link supporting that it would have to be 4500+ to be considered as 2nd of its kind.

porky_kicker

Country flag
Why don't we publish impact footage of these weapns like Iran does.
I don't think there is a single impact picture of prithvi or brahmos tbh
@Lonewarrior
What kind of childish logic is this

Iran is a Islamic propagandist state , basically their survival is dependent on propaganda

Basically your logic is similar to the situation where someone shit in his pants and you liked it and therefore you also want to do it so that others can like it

Propaganda is like a loose woman , short term pleasure for long term pain

Suryavanshi

Cheeni KLPDhokebaaz
What kind of childish logic is this

Iran is a Islamic propagandist state , basically their survival is dependent on propaganda

Basically your logic is similar to the situation where someone shit in his pants and you liked it and therefore you also want to do it so that others can like it
Calm porky bhau calm.
He is just curious.

porky_kicker

Country flag
As for accuracy there was a video of agni reentry video doing airburst over target area in my timeline

Also people who 100% believe in videos are setting themselves up for traps, bec there is no way to authentic the video , think of it , exaggeration of capabilities is part of informational warfare

One can set up a video showing missile launch and then arrange a explosion stimulating accurate targeting

What is the truth ?, no one can be sure and so best to not read too much into it, especially from propagandist states

That's my opinion

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles