DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Forest Penetration and GPS Denied in a single sentence, @Samej Jangir gonna lose his sh*t
On another note is it hard to be a newspace like company and doing ur own r&d and working with hal? With such a big population how is it that only new space is putting in so much work I thought we would have seen atleast 4-5 companies leading the private sector

Lonewarrior

Country flag
On another note is it hard to be a newspace like company and doing ur own r&d and working with hal? With such a big population how is it that only new space is putting in so much work I thought we would have seen atleast 4-5 companies leading the private sector
Almost all companies that are in defence sector in India is because of the profit margins

But if you're this guy...
Screenshot_2023-05-27-12-30-51-13_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg
...then you're here because of knowledge, passion, experience.
And these things can do wonders

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Almost all companies that are in defence sector in India is because of the profit margins

View attachment 207411
Glad to have people like Sameer sir in our country hopefully a couple more countries emerge

Samej Jangir

Country flag
Forest Penetration and GPS Denied in a single sentence, @Samej Jangir gonna lose his sh*t
Don't just read headlines and read lines or if context. Watch the video - the drone has autonomous flight mode just like the RUMBA cleaner bots. GPS denied is highly suspect. Even USA drone was downed by Iran using EW & jamming. Unless the drone can operate using mobile tower signals and hence use internet based AGPS, it will be very difficult to retrieve the drone

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag

View attachment 207411
Glad to have people like Sameer sir in our country hopefully a couple more countries emerge
Unpopular opinion but the success of Newspace in JV with DRDO/other companies and confidence in putting so much effort and money in R&D comes from him being a veteran and having deep contacts within the armed forces & defense circle.

He basically has pseudo-assurance that the products he is creating will be bought by the armed forces, and with his contacts and leverage he is getting niche R&D collaboration from DRDO.

It's easy to cry why don't Indian companies invest in R&D? Why will any company waste millions of $ on research when there is no prospect of reaping a profit from their developed product?

We have a few companies "try" for R&D and local manufacturing but the response they got from GoI/Armed forces was only lukewarm. Instead, they got better success in foreign markets than domestic ones. Namely -
- MKU
- Tonbo
- SSS Defence
- Kalyani Defence

And probably more.

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
You f
Unpopular opinion but the success of Newspace in JV with DRDO/other companies and confidence in putting so much effort and money in R&D comes from him being a veteran and having deep contacts within the armed forces & defense circle.

He basically has pseudo-assurance that the products he is creating will be bought by the armed forces, and with his contacts and leverage he is getting niche R&D collaboration from DRDO.

It's easy to cry why don't Indian companies invest in R&D? Why will any company waste millions of $ on research when there is no prospect of reaping a profit from their developed product?

We have a few companies "try" for R&D and local manufacturing but the response they got from GoI/Armed forces was only lukewarm. Instead, they got better success in foreign markets than domestic ones. Namely -
- MKU
- Tonbo
- SSS Defence
- Kalyani Defence

And probably more.
You do make good and valid points but why is mku in that list isn't mku mukul gonna be the standard helmet for our forces we bought some already and doing good business with them

vidhwanshak

Country flag
You are basing your argument on the assumption that these AI tools will forever remain stuck in their present form when the speed and nature of their progression and level of maturity (case in point being the night and day difference between GPT-3 and GPT-4) have shown the case to be anything but.
I'm not claiming these tools have already matured to the level necessary for them to replace human programmers just yet, but who knows what they will be like 5 years from now!! Forget five years, at this point, we can't even deign to predict what it's gonna be like in the next six months!!

Allow me to present to you the mighty (and spooky GPT-4!! It can do code generation, bug detection, automated testing, and much more!!
You can just highlight a piece of code in your script, and it will spit out a test for you in seconds!!
You are finding it impossible to figure out the function a particular line of code is playing?? Worry not!! Just highlight it and GPT-4 will promptly explain it to you by commenting it out.
It gave you a wonky code?? No biggie, just feed the error message back into the console, and it will spit out the correct one.
This thing (GPT-4, I mean) can create a fully functioning web site, complete with a search bar, widgets, and whatnot, from a simple hand-drawn design, as shown in their tech demo!! And it will continue to improve and mature. Now, just think about the implications and what it's gonna do to web developers.

I say, it's gonna get progressively worse for IT professionals in the coming years, especially for the newly minted ones. I mean, when the IBM CEO claims that they are looking to replace upwards of 40 percent of their workforce with AI in the next couple of years (and that projection is based on the assumption that the tech does not progress from current level!), then..... well, shit doesn't get any more real than that.

Yeah but for how long?? That's the question to ask here.
I wish it was true. Although, it makes life easier, but still has lot of room to improve.
It gave you a wonky code?? No biggie, just feed the error message back into the console, and it will spit out the correct one.

It's not true at all. Please find some one who has access to gpt plus and you will realise wht I mean.

I say, it's gonna get progressively worse for IT professionals in the coming years, especially for the newly minted ones. I mean, when the IBM CEO claims that they are looking to replace upwards of 40 percent of their workforce with AI in the next couple of years (and that projection is based on the assumption that the tech does not progress from current level!), then..... well, shit doesn't get any more real than that.

It's only for those guys who do low-level repetitve work.

I'll give you an example :
GPT-4 fails to solve CodeForces and new LeetCode questions. It fails on everything that it isn't being trained on. According to me, these tool will bring down the cost of software development and bring a saturation in the overpriced software domain. They are far from being able to replace skilled and creative S/W developers.

1685173079163.png

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
You f

You do make good and valid points but why is mku in that list isn't mku mukul gonna be the standard helmet for our forces we bought some already and doing good business with them
Indeed, MKU's & Tonbo's success with the Armed Forces order is actually pretty recent (post 2019 IIRC). But both of these brands became successful and secured large orders before our prehistoric armed forces living under a rock came to know about them.

porky_kicker

Country flag
And judging from the picture maybe it's not even unmanned...look closely

The Alpha Defence model looks DRDOish by look of it and colour scheme.

But that GodOfParadox one looks like some DefenceAnalyst modeled it from the leaked picture. DRDO or HAL is yet to become so aesthetics ka 14 that they'll use a dark model on black background.
Both are same , bec I cropped both of them from original pic, both of which I posted here 2 years or so ago

It's possible through there might be 2 iterations , one manned one unmanned

Can't say anything for sure , and it might not even fructify as shown

NoobWannaLearn

Country flag
Indeed, MKU's & Tonbo's success with the Armed Forces order is actually pretty recent (post 2019 IIRC). But both of these brands became successful and secured large orders before our prehistoric armed forces living under a rock came to know about them.
Yes der aae par durust aae will be true for them but they both have been amazing and getting orders sss is getting orders too for there mods too there carbine only god knows what will happen to that

SwordOfDarkness

Country flag
I wish it was true. Although, it makes life easier, but still has lot of room to improve.

It's not true at all. Please find some one who has access to gpt plus and you will realise wht I mean.

GPT-4 fails to solve CodeForces and new LeetCode questions. It fails on everything that it isn't being trained on. According to me, these tool will bring down the cost of software development and bring a saturation in the overpriced software domain. They are far from being able to replace skilled and creative S/W developers.

View attachment 207418
Yeah, as a college student can confirm that ChatGPT skills are trash. Github copilot is a bit better, but humans are much, much better than either. If as a BTech grad you arent able to produce better code than these, you will find it exceptionally hard to get employment anywhere.

mist_consecutive

Golgappe Expert
Contributor
Country flag
Yes der aae par durust aae will be true for them but they both have been amazing and getting orders sss is getting orders too for there mods too there carbine only god knows what will happen to that
The success of domestic companies, especially small startups like Garuda, IdeaForge, and SSS gives hope to the new generation of entrepreneurs to take risks and innovate rather than copy and sell.

Blood+

Country flag

GPT-4 fails to solve CodeForces and new LeetCode questions. It fails on everything that it isn't being trained on. According to me, these tool will bring down the cost of software development and bring a saturation in the overpriced software domain.

View attachment 207418
Did I mention it would occur tomorrow? Nope, not at all! Which part of the phrase "5–10 years from now'' eluded your understanding? Alright, let's extend it to 15 years for the sake of argument; what then?

Regarding leetcode problems, yes, it's widely known that GPT-4, or at least the heavily nerfed version of it that we plebeians get to toy with, isn't exactly a maestro when it comes to tackling those hard leetcode problems. But guess what? Neither are the vast majority of programmers, even many of the seasoned ones!!

Besides, do you really need to strain your brain over leetcode or codeforce problems in your day-to-day work as a software developer? I mean, let's be real, most of the time it's mundane and repetitive tasks that junior devs are assigned—precisely the kind of work that GPT-4 excels at!

They are far from being able to replace skilled and creative S/W developers.
Can't argue with that. At the moment, they lack the necessary level of maturity for such a monumental undertaking, and that is an undeniable fact. However, let's not forget that we're discussing the future here, and that future might sneak up on us sooner than any of us anticipate.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles