DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Judging from missile tube, the missile will most probably be similar to Barak ER (150km).
Yup...sahi jawaab
Not just that but if you search Barak LRAD launcher you'll see it follows similar two tone colour scheme of that.
No. India doesn't use Barak 8 ER (150km)
But we have our "Mom can I have Barak ER? No son, we have Barak ER at home. Barak ER at home"

Our MRSAM ER or XRSAM whatever it's called is virtually identical to Barak ER.
Same concept of using additional booster with existing missile, similar range of 150km.
Looking at the position of the tubes they seem to be dual packed
Naah, in the ER version of Barak the launcher uses four rounds instead of typical eight. And two rounds are mounted closer to each other

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Impossible we haven't procured it nor produced it in huge nos, mostly lsp have been manufactured, no atgm integration and most importantly better options are available
Is not Armeni buying DRDO atags , before ia... Ordering
Actually in India the terrain , climate , altitude varies ....So
Weapons must qualify in hot trial , cold trial

Actually this news is of buying lch is from otv , odia news channel ,
Link -https://www.google.com/amp/s/odishatv.in/news/national/india-thinks-big-on-military-exports-to-africa-tejas-jets-akash-missiles-combat-helicopters-on-radar-203210/amp

Original source ians

jai jaganath

Country flag
Is not Armeni buying DRDO atags , before ia... Ordering
Actually in India the terrain , climate , altitude varies ....So
Weapons must qualify in hot trial , cold trial

Actually this news is of buying lch is from otv , odia news channel ,
Link -https://www.google.com/amp/s/odishatv.in/news/national/india-thinks-big-on-military-exports-to-africa-tejas-jets-akash-missiles-combat-helicopters-on-radar-203210/amp

Original source ians
But until now atgm has not been integrated

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
But until now atgm has not been integrated
Atgm can be integrated...
Helina was recently ordered ,
Any atgm can be integrated
Actually I don't believe in this Nigeria buying lch story
Nigeria is a poor country , they can afford less costly products
They are fighting with boko harams
Fighting with boko harams with Chinese if 17 jets is difficult, as jets are fast moving
Helicopters with its gun and rockets can fight.
No one will use an atgm,until the target is high valued.
So the cost might be the factor here
The Nigerian order must not be in hundreds
I doubt it might be in single digits
Hal can modify existing td..lchs , and can export them to Nigeria in reasonable price

Anandhu Krishna

Following sequence of events is 1000% possible in context of Indian Defense procurement.
Nigeria buys LCH->Nigeria gets a license to manufacture LCH->IAF tries to buy Nigeria manufactured LCH->Deal signed for 100 with 80 to be built in India under transfer of technology from Nigeria->job given to PSU->Some IAF off8cer accidentally copied the SR-71's specs from Wikipedia to put into the contract->PSU unable to meet the Mach 3.5 requirement->too heavy, says IAF->Project delayed by 9 years
In India, Incompetence is a facade to hide corruption.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Atgm can be integrated...
Helina was recently ordered ,
Any atgm can be integrated
Actually I don't believe in this Nigeria buying lch story
Nigeria is a poor country , they can afford less costly products
They are fighting with boko harams
Fighting with boko harams with Chinese if 17 jets is difficult, as jets are fast moving
Helicopters with its gun and rockets can fight.
No one will use an atgm,until the target is high valued.
So the cost might be the factor here
The Nigerian order must not be in hundreds
I doubt it might be in single digits
Hal can modify existing td..lchs , and can export them to Nigeria in reasonable price
When was helina ordered
It hasn't been ordered AFAIK even for Rudra and lch integration has not taken place
And moreover this report is bogus bcoz Nigeria has ordered 6 tai attack helicopters

NutCracker

Country flag
Regarding training I think they operate cheetah or chetak I might wrong but even if we take that into consideration then dhruv and rudha makes a tick bcoz it's in service and produced in nos
Coming to other points
How come can u comment of ones availability which isn't in service of any force and pls don't count lsp
I don't think they require 15000 feet ceiling as they don't have Himalayas
Its still doesn't carry atgm which is main armament of any attack helicopters and other options have that atleast
And how can u give guarantee of our after sales support which has been gone through a worse phase in past and pls let's not speak about Chinese exports as they are one of the world's largest weapon exporters and even manufacturers

Training karne saari duniya me unko yehi helicopter milenge kya ??

I don't think any army that has sufficient budget will operate those ancient helocopters. Except..

Lonewarrior

Country flag
Platform integration is still needed to carry out test firing, besides, the missions computers on the LCH will be roughly similar to that of ALH-WSI given that LCH is a derivative of the Dhruv platform.
HAL only smells like a Skunk's Work, it ain't any Skunk Work...so they probably be using the exact same system on Rudra and LCH.

But still you'll need extensive validation trials on LCH before Helina gets certified for integration. The problem is made even worse by the fact that despite so much trials on Rudra there isn't a large order for fleet level Helina integration.

jai jaganath

Country flag
Platform integration is still needed to carry out test firing, besides, the missions computers on the LCH will be roughly similar to that of ALH-WSI given that LCH is a derivative of the Dhruv platform.
U can say whatever u want sir point is its not integrated and not tested from its primary platform lch
And most importantly helina is not even in IA service even for Rudra nor orders have been placed
U can say mission computer and all commonality exists but if not test not inducted in nos then it's not in service

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles