DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

porky_kicker

Country flag
Well i'm not so dissappointed, since the previous radar mpr had around 250 to 300km range for the same target with wide aperture thus better gain. Here the radar is fixed has 4 planner array thus the gain by each array is lower than the mpr, this gives 360 degree instant awareness rather than waiting for seconds with mpr. Much better in terms that the mentioned range is for standard targets of 2m2 not the max range.
Source:- DRDO tot column
Please give the link...................

Arihant Roy

Country flag
Source ?

And if the range spec is true then I am disappointed , a fixed 4 planer array with range of 450km @ 2m2 rcs that's low.

Drdo specifically mentioned 900 km range for HPA, now am wondering at what RCS .

This is a good enough range. I just finished checking the ranges of contemporary long range air surveillance radars

EL/M-2288 AD-STAR has a 480 km intrustumented range. The MR variant can detect a typical fighter sized target at 300+km and the ER can detect at 430+ km.

Ground Master 400 series radar from Thales Raytheon also has a 470 km instrumented range against air breathing targets.

The FPS-117 family from Lm has a 470 km instrumented range. And it has a 330 km detection range for a 1sqm target.

The AN/TPS-77 which forms the bedstone of PAF air defense and surveillance network has a 470 km instrumted range. Against 1sqm targets it has a 300 km detection range.

Our of these four only the AD-STAR and GM-400 has a TBM detection and track capability. There's also a GM406 variant with a 15 percent higher track range.

The EL/M-2083 has a 250 km detection range against fighter sized targets. Although it doesn't belong in the same group, I am mentioning it to give you people a comparison of radar ranges.

Compared to the above Long range air space surveillance radars, the Drdo HPR has a superior detection and tracking range. It is also superior to all the above systems in its unique architecture and configuration. A land based variant of MF-Star.
This HPR will also be having ballistic missile detection and tracking capabilities. So it can play a secondary ABM early warning and track role.

What's left to be known is the radar operating band. If it's a L band it will be awesome since L band also has an inherent advantage against VLO targets and is less affected by precipitation.

porky_kicker

Country flag
This is a good enough range. I just finished checking the ranges of contemporary long range air surveillance radars

EL/M-2288 AD-STAR has a 480 km intrustumented range. The MR variant can detect a typical fighter sized target at 300+km and the ER can detect at 430+ km.

Ground Master 400 series radar from Thales Raytheon also has a 470 km instrumented range against air breathing targets.

The FPS-117 family from Lm has a 470 km instrumented range. And it has a 330 km detection range for a 1sqm target.

The AN/TPS-77 which forms the bedstone of PAF air defense and surveillance network has a 470 km instrumted range. Against 1sqm targets it has a 300 km detection range.

Our of these four only the AD-STAR and GM-400 has a TBM detection and track capability. There's also a GM406 variant with a 15 percent higher track range.

The EL/M-2083 has a 250 km detection range against fighter sized targets. Although it doesn't belong in the same group, I am mentioning it to give you people a comparison of radar ranges.

Compared to the above Long range air space surveillance radars, the Drdo HPR has a superior detection and tracking range. It is also superior to all the above systems in its unique architecture and configuration. A land based variant of MF-Star.
This HPR will also be having ballistic missile detection and tracking capabilities. So it can play a secondary ABM early warning and track role.

What's left to be known is the radar operating band. If it's a L band it will be awesome since L band also has an inherent advantage against VLO targets and is less affected by precipitation.
Will reply to you later..............

Chinmoy

Country flag

porky_kicker

Country flag
Either new iterations of existing radars or entirely new radars. Can anyone identify them ?

1.jpg

ra.jpg

1st and 2nd pic what is the telescope like thing for ?
Laser rangefinder ?
ae1.jpg

This seems to be AESA based and a optical scope ?
ae.jpg

Also this one seems to be aesa based along with thermal imager

Last edited:

Enquirer

........................................................................................

Last edited:

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
QRSAM got only 6 tubes and MRSAM got 8 tubes.......,[emoji848]

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk

Enquirer

QRSAM got only 6 tubes and MRSAM got 8 tubes.......,[emoji848]

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
Setup time requirement for QRSAM will be much shorter than MRSAM/Barak - lower overall missile pod weight (from fewer missiles) will help in quicker reaction.
QRSAM is also carried by a smaller (but more agile) truck. The APU carried maybe smaller that limits the quick lifting capability (of the missile pod).

All said and done, Barak 8 missile itself is definitely a sleeker (low weight) design (for its range).

Articles