DRDO, PSU and Private Defence Sector News

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Here's a forum experiment - how many of you have actually read and tried to understand about communism through writings of Karl Marx, Lenin, other notable figures or through writings of people who actually lived in USSR to give a fair account.

I had a realisation that most of our/my views were initially based on the views of western perspective as we know English and almost most of external cultural influence on Indians is that of Western countries and also their writings which in most cases is heavily biased, you know cold war period. Recently saw a video dismissing the holdomor incident thing that it was intentional and maybe I thought, hmmmm it's really hard to find the facts.

This is just a thought experiment not limited to this only but also many different things/thoughts like the inherent thinking in Indians that somehow western countries are developed and rich because their citizens are well educated and smart, but now we know that is not the case really, they are same as any stock human.

Recently completed the Spinoza Ethics book, was a real piece of work to understand. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the Karl Marx capital of 1000+ pages.

Just try to find the donbass or Russian perspective on the current war and past 8yrs, you'll bleed eyes before finding it through search bar. You have to know specific names to find them. I wonder let's say some kid inf future try to know about Ukraine war and most likely 98% of the time he'll most likely come up with the current western perspective.

Blademaster

Here's a forum experiment - how many of you have actually read and tried to understand about communism through writings of Karl Marx, Lenin, other notable figures or through writings of people who actually lived in USSR to give a fair account.

I had a realisation that most of our/my views were initially based on the views of western perspective as we know English and almost most of external cultural influence on Indians is that of Western countries and also their writings which in most cases is heavily biased, you know cold war period. Recently saw a video dismissing the holdomor incident thing that it was intentional and maybe I thought, hmmmm it's really hard to find the facts.

This is just a thought experiment not limited to this only but also many different things/thoughts like the inherent thinking in Indians that somehow western countries are developed and rich because their citizens are well educated and smart, but now we know that is not the case really, they are same as any stock human.

Recently completed the Spinoza Ethics book, was a real piece of work to understand. Hopefully I'll be able to complete the Karl Marx capital of 1000+ pages.

Just try to find the donbass or Russian perspective on the current war and past 8yrs, you'll bleed eyes before finding it through search bar. You have to know specific names to find them. I wonder let's say some kid inf future try to know about Ukraine war and most likely 98% of the time he'll most likely come up with the current western perspective.
Huh? :confused1: :confused1: and why is this post relevant in this thread?

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Huh? :confused1: :confused1: and why is this post relevant in this thread?
Oops didn't find relevant thought for it and this is perhaps the most read thread here so.
Maybe a thoughts thread should be made for members to share, I request mods to move it there.

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
Lo Jee MPATGM Bhi gaya paani main
Jai mata di, here have another shock regarding AKASH NG, just check range and altitude envelope, not only range figure a shock but that altitude figure irks me a lot indicating that it may not be able to even intercept short range ballistic threats like Nasr missile and chinese guided rockets
And here we were thinking that it would be similiar to BukM3 in engagement envelope of 70km range and 30km altitude.

Why even have this when you can modify QRSAM with a dual pulse motor and other mods for higher altitude engagement.

Only best thing about this system is simultaneous engagement of 10 targets.

Fo9BjNnWYAoEd-w (2).jpeg

Last edited:

Kuldeepm952

Country flag
I said this long back. Same is the case with VSHORAD.

Although I don't believe WLVN, but it is a fact for both the system.
Is it true though? All atgms of this class weighs 14-16kg with launch tube including MMP Akeron. Only spike lr2 weighs 13kg, don't know if with or without launch tube but you get the point. Now those who use tripod launcher with thermal sights, these weigh another 11-13 kgs. Range of the latest missiles are around 5km.

Now current mpatgm weighs 14.5kg missile weight + 14.25kg, pales in range just 2.5km but I think it has more to do with LOBL issue of low resolution seeker or CLU issue and not a insufficient rocket motor, same with FGM-148 javelin as new CLU allowed it to engage 4km+ targets.

Given the above facts weight reduction of 30% of mpatgm missile means 10.25kg weight. Also assume a lightweight clu is developed too since this weight issue of Army won't go away till eternity. That adds up to 15kg AUW, the lightest in its class with 2.5-3km range. Super useful, yes.

So are we like trying to make some world record or something for world's lightest 3rd gen ATGM.

A simple comparison can show that if the news is true requirements are like really ambitious.